+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PGDM from India considered as Masters level education for FSW

Jun 14, 2018
I'm an alumnus of the Pgdm bd full time program from Weschool Bangalore. Got my eca as - 2 year post grad program from a recognised institution. Equivalent to 4 years Canadian bachelors degree.
Hi great to know that. May I know which batch you were from and also f you attached any additional documents from the institute apart from the transcripts?
I am from Oct 2016 batch and will be sending it for revaluation post my results in October and your information will be helpful

Jun 14, 2018
  1. Hello Friends,

I am a graduate from Mumbai, India (B.com). It was a 3 years Bachelor of commerce degree course from Mumbai University. Above this, I have also completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) from Welingkar Institute of Management. It was a 2yrs correspondence course for working professionals.

Now I am planning to get a ECA (Educational Credential Assesment) done from WES. Can anyone please let me know what my qualification would be considered as? Just a Bachelors, Masters or Something else?

Has anyone done a PGDBA from Welingkar's in this forum? Also, is Welingkars Institute of Management registered for AIU equivalence certificate or AICTE certificate?
Hi Have you got your report from WES and if yes what is it recognised as. I am planning to give it for revaluation in the month of October once I am done with my Course

gudboy88

Nov 19, 2017
Bengaluru
Category........
FSW
Hi All, my college became autonomous in 2012 however i completed a 2yr AICTE approved PGDM in 2011-2013 batch. my college also got A grade NAAC accreditation in 2009, will my PGDM be considered by Wes? please help

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

HopingForGood

Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

I have 3 years of Bachelor of science degree from India and I got it evaluated from the WES already.
It shows as Canadian equivalence Bachelor degree (4 years).
Later I did online 1 year Post Graduate diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) from the recognized Indian University.

If I go to WES website and start an upgrade application with below reason:

Upgrade Reason: Add another credential

Will WES evaluate my credentials and recognize as "Bachelor degree (4 years) and Post Graduate Study (1 year)" so that I can get extra points?

Any help would be appreciated.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,

I have 3 years of Bachelor of science degree from India and I got it evaluated from the WES already.
It shows as Canadian equivalence Bachelor degree (4 years).
Later I did online 1 year Post Graduate diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) from the recognized Indian University.

If I go to WES website and start an upgrade application with below reason:

Upgrade Reason: Add another credential

Will WES evaluate my credentials and recognize as "Bachelor degree (4 years) and Post Graduate Study (1 year)" so that I can get extra points?

Any help would be appreciated.
Yes, If you get positive ECA. You will be able to claim more CRS points.

Rajat Pande

Aug 5, 2018
Hi

I have completed my PGDM and have a copy of the AICTE status and AIU approval from my Institute. While I was going through the application details, it said that "If the institution gives you the document to send to WES, the document must be attested, dated, and placed in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination. If the envelope is opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, WES cannot accept the document."

Do I have to send copies to my institute to get attested or I can simply get a govt. employee attestation done. Are they very particular about this?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi

I have completed my PGDM and have a copy of the AICTE status and AIU approval from my Institute. While I was going through the application details, it said that "If the institution gives you the document to send to WES, the document must be attested, dated, and placed in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination. If the envelope is opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, WES cannot accept the document."

Do I have to send copies to my institute to get attested or I can simply get a govt. employee attestation done. Are they very particular about this?
No Govt. employee. Visit your university and request for transcripts for your degree. They will give you a sealed envelope.

Jubin Eapen

Aug 20, 2018
Need Help!!
I have a BMS degree from Mumbai University &
PGDM from ITM Mumbai (AICTE approved & AIU equivalent to MBA)
Queries:
1) Will my PGDM be evaluated as master's if I submit AICTE and AIU certificate?
2) Do I need to submit both my bachelor's degree and PGDM to WES?
I know it might be a repetatire queries but any help would help me alota.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Need Help!!
I have a BMS degree from Mumbai University &
PGDM from ITM Mumbai (AICTE approved & AIU equivalent to MBA)
Queries:
1) Will my PGDM be evaluated as master's if I submit AICTE and AIU certificate?
2) Do I need to submit both my bachelor's degree and PGDM to WES?
I know it might be a repetatire queries but any help would help me alota.
Post Graduate Diploma in India is Post Graduate Diploma in Canada.

You will need to submit both Bachelors and PGDM to WES.

Jubin Eapen

Aug 20, 2018
Post Graduate Diploma in India is Post Graduate Diploma in Canada.

You will need to submit both Bachelors and PGDM to WES.
Thank you for your reply. I have read in the earlier post that some of the post graduate diploma was evaluated as master's. Is there a possibility of the same with me?

baggy

Aug 21, 2018
Hi,

I am going to start my assessment by WES in the next week. I have done my Bachelors from Mumbai University and my PGDM from Dalmia Institue which is AICTE approved institute and affiliated to Mumbai University but not in AIU list

My Query here is will WES consider my PGDM as diploma and do i need to attach any documents (AICTE/ Mumbai University) other then marksheets and certificate?
Hi Apurva,
Even I have completed PGDBM from N L Dalmia and in the same boat. Did you get a conclusion on your case?
Thanks !

NLMOHR

Aug 26, 2018
Dear Team,

I did my PGDBM in year 2000 and my institute was also not approved by any university at that time. However it was very much approved by AICTE and Ministry of HRD and the diploma says it is equivalent to MBA as well. Later after i did my post graduate diploma, it got affiliated to Uttarakhand Technical University - Dehradun, HNB Garhwal University (A central University) and approved by AICTE.
I checked the AIU list URL shared in the forum and i do not see the name of my college in to it. I did full time regular PGDBM in year 2000, can anyone please guide me the process to get the AIU certificate and AICTE for this institute which is not listed in the AIU list.

http://www.aiu.ac.in/evaluation/list of Institute of PGDM with address as on 17.3.2015.pdf
Thanks

baggy

Aug 21, 2018
Hi All,

I need some guidance on WES verification process.

Question - Do I have to send bachelor and post graduation transcripts together for evaluation or I can simply send my post graduation transcripts (as that's my highest education qualification)?

Background-

I've done Post Graduate Diploma In Business Management from a NL Dalmia in Mumbai which is affiliated with AICTE.

I've got following documents in a college sealed envelope
1. Transcript for all 4 semesters of PGDBM
2. AICTE affiliation document for years that I completed my education
3. Bonafide certificate from college

My bachelors is Engineering from University of Mumbai and getting transcript from MU is a longer process. Someone who has been a similar situation and has already figured out the easier method to WES certification can help me crack this.

Thank you for your help!