+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PGDM from India considered as Masters level education for FSW

Devesh09

Sep 22, 2018
NL Dalmia Mumbai. PGDBM irrespective of which college will be recognised as 2nd Bachelor's. Make sure you add the AICTE/UGC approvals of your college.

saurabhdas888

Feb 25, 2019
These posts seem to be very helpful as gaining some insights for pursuing a postgraduate management degree, but PGDM is considered to be a diploma. In Canada, PGDM is not equivalent to MBA, they are a lower level of education. The diploma has been always a diploma never equal to an MBA, but if you pursue the PGDM program from top rated institutes it is valid in all countries, but your experience will count much in Canada, not the degree.

PREEMA3107

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I did PGDM from an AICTE approved institute but they did not have AIU certificate. As per norm you get your highest degree evaluated . I got my PGDM evaluated, CES has given the assessment as a 2 year diploma from a recognised institute. They did not mention it as a post graduate diploma. Now my problem is I did not get my graduation degree evaluated thinking that PGDM is the highest, but they have considered my PGDM as diploma. Would CIC consider this assessment for 2 or more degrees, diploma or I have to get my bachelor's also evaluated ??

aamir69

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
I did PGDM from an AICTE approved institute but they did not have AIU certificate. As per norm you get your highest degree evaluated . I got my PGDM evaluated, CES has given the assessment as a 2 year diploma from a recognised institute. They did not mention it as a post graduate diploma. Now my problem is I did not get my graduation degree evaluated thinking that PGDM is the highest, but they have considered my PGDM as diploma. Would CIC consider this assessment for 2 or more degrees, diploma or I have to get my bachelor's also evaluated ??
This will be only a diploma
You need to get your bachelors evaluated then u can claim points for 2 or more degrees

aamir69

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017

Which college was it can u please confirm ?

PREEMA3107

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
This will be only a diploma
You need to get your bachelors evaluated then u can claim points for 2 or more degrees
The final decision on my report is still pending for dispatch. Can i add more credentials to my CES application for assessment and ask them to include the assessment of my bachelors because they already have my graduation transcripts

aamir69

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
The final decision on my report is still pending for dispatch. Can i add more credentials to my CES application for assessment and ask them to include the assessment of my bachelors because they already have my graduation transcripts
U will have to pay again and ask them to Amnend the previous report
Or you can apply again with your bachelors only

Raghav22

Mar 4, 2019
I have done B.com, M. com (Distance learning) and PGDBM from AICTE approved institute.
Can it be evaluated as Masters. Please share your opinion.

Last edited:

aamir69

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
I have done B.com, M. com (Distance learning) and PGDBM from AICTE approved institute.
Can ii be evaluated as Masters. Please share your opinion.
Depends from which college - its difficult to say . You can check if someone got masters from your college / batch.

Reactions: Raghav22