+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PGDM from India considered as Masters level education for FSW

NLMOHR

Aug 26, 2018
HI Friends,

I have a doubt that I did my bachelors in 1997 which was regular, then Master of commerce in 1999 which was private as usual 2 year course. Now during year 1998- 2000, I did PGDBM (2 yr Full time) diploma course, approved by AICTE. So here in year 1998 I was enrolled in parallel in two courses - one is MCom (private) and also PGDBM (regular). I am not clear here whether I should declare my education as Mcom or PGDBM or both along with Bachelor.

Looking for a sincere advise in this case.

Thanks.

Bhavik_Jain

Sep 2, 2018
I too am in the same situation having done my PGDM from NL Dalmia. I looked up list of colleges with AIU equivalency but our college was not mentioned. I think we have to show "Two or more degrees or diploma". This will take some hit on the CRS score and now we'll have to get higher IELTS score.

Bhavik_Jain

Sep 2, 2018
I have a PGDM from NL Dalmia (Mumbai) and it is not included in the list of colleges where PGDM is equivalent to MBA. Will WES consider it as a master's degree if my college provides a bonafide certificate stating that PGDM is equivalent to MBA?

Harsh2586

Mar 31, 2018
Hi All,

I have 4 year Bachelor degree in Electronics and Communication engineering and post that after 6 years of work ex I pursued 1 year PGDM from IIM Lucknow.

I shared my docs with WES , however they didn't considered my Diploma and gave 4 year Bachelors equivalency.

Should I go for re-evaluation . If yes, what should be the process .

I was expecting 2 or more Diploma or degree

Thanks

Devesh09

Sep 22, 2018
Hi I have done my PGdBM from NL dalmia, can you please tell me if WES approved it. A lot of consultants are telling it's not?

Hi All,

I need some guidance on WES verification process.

Question - Do I have to send bachelor and post graduation transcripts together for evaluation or I can simply send my post graduation transcripts (as that's my highest education qualification)?

Background-

I've done Post Graduate Diploma In Business Management from a NL Dalmia in Mumbai which is affiliated with AICTE.

I've got following documents in a college sealed envelope
1. Transcript for all 4 semesters of PGDBM
2. AICTE affiliation document for years that I completed my education
3. Bonafide certificate from college

My bachelors is Engineering from University of Mumbai and getting transcript from MU is a longer process. Someone who has been a similar situation and has already figured out the easier method to WES certification can help me crack this.

Thank you for
Hi All,

I need some guidance on WES verification process.

Question - Do I have to send bachelor and post graduation transcripts together for evaluation or I can simply send my post graduation transcripts (as that's my highest education qualification)?

Background-

I've done Post Graduate Diploma In Business Management from a NL Dalmia in Mumbai which is affiliated with AICTE.

I've got following documents in a college sealed envelope
1. Transcript for all 4 semesters of PGDBM
2. AICTE affiliation document for years that I completed my education
3. Bonafide certificate from college

My bachelors is Engineering from University of Mumbai and getting transcript from MU is a longer process. Someone who has been a similar situation and has already figured out the easier method to WES certification can help me crack this.

Thank you for your help!

Devesh09

Sep 22, 2018
Hello Bhavik,

Can you please share your coordinates on devesh_9785@hotmail.com. I have done my PGDBM from Dalmia 2010-12 and need to understand what all we need from the college

But Dalmia has AICTE approval right? Doesn't that suffice?

I too am in the same situation having done my PGDM from NL Dalmia. I looked up list of colleges with AIU equivalency but our college was not mentioned. I think we have to show "Two or more degrees or diploma". This will take some hit on the CRS score and now we'll have to get higher IELTS score.
I have a PGDM from NL Dalmia (Mumbai) and it is not included in the list of colleges where PGDM is equivalent to MBA. Will WES consider it as a master's degree if my college provides a bonafide certificate stating that PGDM is equivalent to MBA?

ansh17

Sep 25, 2018
Hi Guys,
I got my ECA report on 10th sept from WES. To my disappointment, my PGDM from a well renowned AICTE and AIU approved institute is not recognized by WES. Thereby, I am left with only my bachelor's degree.
I have been emailing them, calling them, writing on social media but there is no revert from WES. I know many of us are facing this issue which is impacting our score. But is there anyone who was able to resolve this issue? What are the steps you took and please share the resolution timeline as well?

Sep 16, 2018
I'm an alumnus of the Pgdm bd full time program from Weschool Bangalore. Got my eca as - 2 year post grad program from a recognised institution. Equivalent to 4 years Canadian bachelors degree.
Hi Ali,

u did your ECA from WES or IQAS or some other institute ? can you please share your contact details - I am Manoj from We School, Bangalore 2013-15 .

rajivdesai

Nov 16, 2018
I did part time pgdm from a delhi institute , program is approved by AICTE. Will this be recognised as masters for express entry?
This institute is also recognised from Direcorate of Training & Technical Education , New Delhi.

Which option to select in this
University Education
State Board (Technical Education)
State Board (General Nursing and Midwifery)
Professional Education
Secondary Education

Nov 29, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have also same questions. My education background : I have completed B.tech (4-year degree) in Electronics & Telecommunication from NMIMS. After I completed PGDM (2-year program) from Balaji Institute of Telecom & Management (BITM), Pune. My PGDM institute is approved by both AIU and AICTE. I have checked on the websites of both.

My question is, for WES evaluation, Do I need to submit additional documents of AICTE and AIU approved certificates along with my transcripts and degree certificate to get master degree equivalence as per Canada ? or WES can verify affiliation of my colleges with AIU or AICTE on its own?

Thanks

asimmedhi

Apr 11, 2018
My spouse has received her WES report today.

Bachelor of Arts Year: 2004
Awarded By: xxxx
Status: Recognized Institution Major/Specialization: English
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

Credential: Postgraduate Diploma (AICTE) Year: 2009
Major/Specialization: Business Management
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

In CRS calculator, which of these two options does she choose?
1. Bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical, or other institutes
2. Two, or more certificates, diplomas, degrees. One more be for a program or three or more years

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
My spouse has received her WES report today.

Bachelor of Arts Year: 2004
Status: Recognized Institution Major/Specialization: English
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

Credential: Postgraduate Diploma (AICTE) Year: 2009
Major/Specialization: Business Management
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

In CRS calculator, which of these two options does she choose?
1. Bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical, or other institutes
2. Two, or more certificates, diplomas, degrees. One more be for a program or three or more years
Please share ECA equivalency mentioned on top part of your ECA report.

Devesh09

Sep 22, 2018
Just got my WES evaluation. pGDBM is considered as a 2nd bachelor's degree and Master's. Make sure all relevant documents are given