+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PGDM from India considered as Masters level education for FSW

SATTYY

May 25, 2018
Just to update on this topic: my pgdm was assessed by wes as masters equivalent.

Thanks
Midhun
Hi Midun,

Need your advice as I've completed PGDBM - Part time from Lal Bahaur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi. The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) has recognized the Two Year Full-Time PGDM from this institute is equivalent to MBA Degree by an Indian University.

Does selection on WES portal made the difference or the college from which you completed PGDBM was listed with WES? because in many forums I've read that PGDBM is not considered equivalent to MBA for PR to Canada.

Kindly support

Regards,
Satty

orknob

May 26, 2018
What was be the AIU equivalency certificate ?

I had a discussion with my college they are saying they will issue a bonafide letter stating AIU affiliation. Will this suffice or something extra is needed ?

I found my collg's name already in the AIU list of university available on their website.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi Midun,

Need your advice as I've completed PGDBM - Part time from Lal Bahaur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi. The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) has recognized the Two Year Full-Time PGDM from this institute is equivalent to MBA Degree by an Indian University.

Does selection on WES portal made the difference or the college from which you completed PGDBM was listed with WES? because in many forums I've read that PGDBM is not considered equivalent to MBA for PR to Canada.

Kindly support

Regards,
Satty
PGDBM will be considered under two or more categories only.

himjha04

May 27, 2018
Hi,
I have done PGDM for som Lalit Institute, it is AICTE approved but not AIU approved. The institute is not mentioned in the WES. I was reading the previous comment and it was mentioned I need to submit the letter from the college stating they are AICTE approved. after submitting the letter what are the chances of getting master degree points. also as my college is not AIU approved will it matter if I submit the letter of my college being AICTE approved.

Also, does anyone have any format of letter of college stating themselves as AICTE approved. In my degree certificate, it is clearly mentioned my college is AICTE approved, which I think is the case with all of us, won't this suffice.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,
I have done PGDM for som Lalit Institute, it is AICTE approved but not AIU approved. The institute is not mentioned in the WES. I was reading the previous comment and it was mentioned I need to submit the letter from the college stating they are AICTE approved. after submitting the letter what are the chances of getting master degree points. also as my college is not AIU approved will it matter if I submit the letter of my college being AICTE approved.

Also, does anyone have any format of letter of college stating themselves as AICTE approved. In my degree certificate, it is clearly mentioned my college is AICTE approved, which I think is the case with all of us, won't this suffice.
First of all, PGDM is not a Masters Degree. So, it will be considered as a Diploma. After evaluation, you can choose "two or more certificates" option under CRS.

Wait for others to respond on letter format.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
What was be the AIU equivalency certificate ?

I had a discussion with my college they are saying they will issue a bonafide letter stating AIU affiliation. Will this suffice or something extra is needed ?

I found my collg's name already in the AIU list of university available on their website.
A bonafide letter will be sufficient. However do remember, its purely WES's call to give you positive ECA or not.

himjha04

May 27, 2018
First of all, PGDM is not a Masters Degree. So, it will be considered as a Diploma. After evaluation, you can choose "two or more certificates" option under CRS.

Wait for others to respond on letter format.
Thank you . Also can you please help should I work for getting letter from college stating it is AICTE approved or without AIU affliation it doesn't matter.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thank you . Also can you please help should I work for getting letter from college stating it is AICTE approved or without AIU affliation it doesn't matter.
Doubt. Better get a letter of affiliation and include that in transcripts. Ask university to put that letter along with transcripts and seal it.

You should not open the envelope at any cost.

SATTYY

May 25, 2018
PGDBM will be considered under two or more categories only.
Thanks Preet,

Have checked with institute as per them PGDM - Three years Part Time is equivalent to MBA, They confirm that it is approved by AICTE.
Will providing a letter from institute that it is equivalent to MBA along with that will attach a copy of affiliation from AICTE. Will it help?

Regards,

SATTYY

May 25, 2018
Doubt. Better get a letter of affiliation and include that in transcripts. Ask university to put that letter along with transcripts and seal it.

You should not open the envelope at any cost.
But, Are you sure will it help, Just wanted to know whether you are guessing or sharing it as per experience.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
But, Are you sure will it help, Just wanted to know whether you are guessing or sharing it as per experience.
Experience. The call is totally with WES. Their answer will be final.

Reactions: SATTYY

himjha04

May 27, 2018
https://www.ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/colleges/autonomous_colleges-list.pdf

this is the link directed by WES , which consider following colleges as autonomous college, my college name is not there, college has to be UGC approved. I have done PGDM - Marketing from SOM LALIT ahmedabad. My question is how IIM's alumni get there degree evaluated in WES. their names are also not in the list. any Alumni from premium B-school have applied and got evaluated from WES ?

SATTYY

May 25, 2018
T
https://www.ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/colleges/autonomous_colleges-list.pdf

this is the link directed by WES , which consider following colleges as autonomous college, my college name is not there, college has to be UGC approved. I have done PGDM - Marketing from SOM LALIT ahmedabad. My question is how IIM's alumni get there degree evaluated in WES. their names are also not in the list. any Alumni from premium B-school have applied and got evaluated from WES ?
Thanks for your inputs, My view is this list is not comprehensive as it has details of universities but not private institutes which are under AICTE, Whereas my institutes name was reflecting as auto search in WES portal where we put institutes name.

SATTYY

May 25, 2018
I got my PGDM assessed by WES as a Master's degree. It basically depends on the college/university from where you have received your PGDM.
Hi,

Request you to help in sharing details that you shared with WES that helped you to get its evaluation as MBA, such as, Institutes name, Course name, Specialization, Subjects along with marks scored, if that is the criteria

Hope that will help to ascertain if that is the criteria.

Regards,
Saty

SATTYY

May 25, 2018
Experience. The call is totally with WES. Their answer will be final.
nks

Thanks, Have been able to get a letter from my institute stating my course is equivalent to MBA and also mentioned the REF NO. of letter received from AICTE, However there was one problem. the letter that AICTE issued to my institute mentioned that PGDBM - Part Time and Full Time is equivalent to MBA. But my program name was PGDM. There was a typo in letter issued by AICTE as my institute do not offer PDGBM in Part Time it offers PGDBM in Full Time only. Institute was aware of this point and will raise it with AICTE for rectification. But getting it rectified will take time.
Suggest whether I should go ahead with evaluation with WES or should wait for the correction?