+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PGDM from India considered as Masters level education for FSW

Amit2910

Oct 2, 2017
I have BSc degree (3 yrs) which was evaluated as Canadian Equivalent of Bachelor's Degree (Four Years).
My two year PGDM was evaluated as Canadian Equivalent of Master's Degree.

As I said Earlier (and I have confirmed it from WES), the criteria is AIU Equivalency and AICTE Approval.
Hi Rubinderjit ,

I am about the start the process for ECA Evalution. I have done B.SC( H) from Patna University and PGDM from AICTE and AIU approved college( NDIM- NEW Delhi) . Could you please guide me how to start the evaluation process from WES ( or any other ) . I do have few question
1) Do i need to evaluate all 10 , 10+2 , Graduation , PGDM or just the highest qualification ?
2) WES needs transcripts or marksheets also work

If you are in India could you please mail be your phone number , if in Canada please connect with me via mail
my email id is amit.the.manager@gmail.com

ankush91

Jun 29, 2017
Hi Rubinderjit ,

I am about the start the process for ECA Evalution. I have done B.SC( H) from Patna University and PGDM from AICTE and AIU approved college( NDIM- NEW Delhi) . Could you please guide me how to start the evaluation process from WES ( or any other ) . I do have few question
1) Do i need to evaluate all 10 , 10+2 , Graduation , PGDM or just the highest qualification ?
2) WES needs transcripts or marksheets also work

If you are in India could you please mail be your phone number , if in Canada please connect with me via mail
my email id is amit.the.manager@gmail.com
you need to submit graduation and PGDM only. 10th and 10+2 is not required.

Waseem Shaikh

Nov 2, 2017
  1. Hello Friends,

I am a graduate from Mumbai, India (B.com). It was a 3 years Bachelor of commerce degree course from Mumbai University. Above this, I have also completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) from Welingkar Institute of Management. It was a 2yrs correspondence course for working professionals.

Now I am planning to get a ECA (Educational Credential Assesment) done from WES. Can anyone please let me know what my qualification would be considered as? Just a Bachelors, Masters or Something else?

Has anyone done a PGDBA from Welingkar's in this forum? Also, is Welingkars Institute of Management registered for AIU equivalence certificate or AICTE certificate?
Hi Haseeb Shaikh.....i also have the same qualificTion like u

Sam8711

Nov 4, 2017
Thanks for the Information Rubinderjit!!

My PGDM Institute(IMT-Ghaziabad) is AICTE & AIU Recognized. SHould I ask Institute to send the AIU certification directly or should I send them myself?
Also should I apply for ECA from WES or CES, IQAS would also be fine? I heard of a rejection from WES for this institution.
Hi.. did you get any solution to your issue? Please guide. We are into same situation

Dec 4, 2017
Hi,
As some people had asked this before- I got my PGDM from IIM Calcutta evaluated and have received equivalence of Master's degree for it.
Just to be sure, I requested my institute to also include a letter that says that PGDM is equivalent to an MBA.
But some friends got the same certification without the additional letter.

rainapatel

Jan 8, 2018
MY PGDM was assessed as Master's Degree (Canadian Equivalency). You need to submit AIU equivalence certificate awarded to your college and AICTE approval (or Extension of Approval) certificate for both years of study awarded to your college. If your college doesn't have these approvals and equivalence certificate, then yo may not get Master's Evaluation.
Hi,

I have a PGDM from an institute in Mumbai which is AICTE approved but I don't think they have AIU Equivalence Certificate.
Will the PDGM be evaluated as a masters equivalent in this case or Bachelor's?
Thanks!

Dec 4, 2017
Hi, worst case, if will get classified as "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" which has higher points than bachelor's but a bit lower than master's.

Hi,

I have a PGDM from an institute in Mumbai which is AICTE approved but I don't think they have AIU Equivalence Certificate.
Will the PDGM be evaluated as a masters equivalent in this case or Bachelor's?
Thanks!

Waseem Shaikh

Nov 2, 2017
  1. Hello Friends,

I am a graduate from Mumbai, India (B.com). It was a 3 years Bachelor of commerce degree course from Mumbai University. Above this, I have also completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) from Welingkar Institute of Management. It was a 2yrs correspondence course for working professionals.

Now I am planning to get a ECA (Educational Credential Assesment) done from WES. Can anyone please let me know what my qualification would be considered as? Just a Bachelors, Masters or Something else?

Has anyone done a PGDBA from Welingkar's in this forum? Also, is Welingkars Institute of Management registered for AIU equivalence certificate or AICTE certificate?
i am done with eca nd they did not consider my pgdba from welingkars correspondence.... no reasons provided

praneet.ca

Jan 19, 2018
hey
Is it essential to submit the AIU equivalence certificate? I am from IIM Indore and the AIU website shows PGDM degree as an MBA equivalent, shouldn't that be enough for WES to verify?
I'm from iim indore too. how did WES evaluate your degree? did you need to submit the AIU certificate?

Pravin7

Jan 25, 2018
Friends,
I read in this forum that "You need to submit AIU equivalence certificate awarded to your college and AICTE approval (or Extension of Approval) certificate for both years of study awarded to your college" in order to get a masters equivalent from WES for a PGDM(from India).
Any idea if this has to be send in physicl form enclosed or a soft copy should be fine?

ankush91

Jun 29, 2017
Hi Ankush ,

Thanks for your rely . Please connect with me via mail( amit.the.manager@gmail.com) .

Did you take help from any consultant or got the ECA done by yourself . Do we need to send the transcript to USA or only marksheets will do ?
Hi Amit,

Sorry I logged in after quite a few months. I did the process myself and the documents were sent to Canada and not USA. Apologies for the late reply. Let me know if you need any help