+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PGDM from India considered as Masters level education for FSW

shobh12

May 20, 2016
hotmidhun said:
Just to update on this topic: my pgdm was assessed by wes as masters equivalent.

Thanks
Midhun

Hi,

Did you send any additional document for your PGDM degree to be considered as Masters.

Thanks.

rubinderjit

Sep 21, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MY PGDM was assessed as Master's Degree (Canadian Equivalency). You need to submit AIU equivalence certificate awarded to your college and AICTE approval (or Extension of Approval) certificate for both years of study awarded to your college. If your college doesn't have these approvals and equivalence certificate, then yo may not get Master's Evaluation.

arunpc86

Mar 17, 2016
I got my PGDM evaluated as Masters (by WES). However, my wife's Masters in Social Work was evaluated as post graduate diploma. It's just an assumption, but I guess it has more to do with your graduation. Canadian under-graduate degrees are 4 years long, so, an Indian engineering is considered as a complete degree, but a 3 year degree, like BA or BSc, is not considered a complete degree.

rubinderjit

Sep 21, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my PGDM evaluated as Masters (by WES). However, my wife's Masters in Social Work was evaluated as post graduate diploma. It's just an assumption, but I guess it has more to do with your graduation. Canadian under-graduate degrees are 4 years long, so, an Indian engineering is considered as a complete degree, but a 3 year degree, like BA or BSc, is not considered a complete degree.
I have BSc degree (3 yrs) which was evaluated as Canadian Equivalent of Bachelor's Degree (Four Years).
My two year PGDM was evaluated as Canadian Equivalent of Master's Degree.

As I said Earlier (and I have confirmed it from WES), the criteria is AIU Equivalency and AICTE Approval.

TheAkshayh

Nov 7, 2015
Here are my two cents,
I got my WES report, my Indian degrees and equivalence is as below:
1. B.E. --> Bachelors degree (four years)
2. Executive PGDBM (2 years part time course) --> management program from graduate busines school.

The CRS points I will get would as per "Two or more degrees, diploma etc"

Canada2017

Jul 7, 2016
rubinderjit said:
MY PGDM was assessed as Master's Degree (Canadian Equivalency). You need to submit AIU equivalence certificate awarded to your college and AICTE approval (or Extension of Approval) certificate for both years of study awarded to your college. If your college doesn't have these approvals and equivalence certificate, then yo may not get Master's Evaluation.
Is it essential to submit the AIU equivalence certificate? I am from IIM Indore and the AIU website shows PGDM degree as an MBA equivalent, shouldn't that be enough for WES to verify?

rubinderjit

Sep 21, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it essential to submit the AIU equivalence certificate? I am from IIM Indore and the AIU website shows PGDM degree as an MBA equivalent, shouldn't that be enough for WES to verify?
If you don't submit the AIU equivalence certificate WES might not recognize your degree as Master's at first? I had to mail them and my WES evaluation was delayed by 7 weeks due to series of mails and re-submissions of documents? AIU equivalence certificate is easy to get from your institute. If you don't want to delay your evaluation, do submit the AIU and AICTE documents along with transcripts.

TheAkshayh

Nov 7, 2015
rubinderjit said:
My WES report has arrived, now what could be done next/again to get Masters?
My university Institute has AICTE approval and should have AIU. Its Symbiosis International University Pune.

rubinderjit

Sep 21, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheAkshayh said:
My WES report has arrived, now what could be done next/again to get Masters?
My university Institute has AICTE approval and should have AIU. Its Symbiosis International University Pune.
Send a mail to them via their online system. Inform them that you have got the copy of AIU equivalence certificate and AICTE approval certificates from your college (if not, contact your college and get them). Ask them about the mode os sending these to WES. My evaluation was also updated from Bachelor's Degree to Master's Degree (Canadian Equivalence) after sending this mail.

PS - I could not find your college in this list: http://www.aiu.ac.in/evaluation/list%20of%20Institute%20of%20PGDM%20with%20address%20as%20on%2017.3.2015.pdf

tech_writer

Sep 15, 2016
Dear Team,

This is in regards to a query about the WES Report.

As per the ECA report, my Bachelor of Engineering degree is equivalent to Bachelor''s degree (four years) in Canada and my Postgraduate Certificate Programme in Management (1 year) from Indian Institute of Management was given a CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY as Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business.

What option to select from the below Canadian Equivalency list while filling my Express Entry application for my Postgraduate Certificate Programme in Management.
• None, or less than secondary (high school)
• Secondary diploma (high school graduation)
• One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
• Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
• Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years
• Master’s degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
• Doctoral level university degree (PhD) Awaiting for your quick response.

rubinderjit

Sep 21, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tech_writer said:
Dear Team,

This is in regards to a query about the WES Report.

As per the ECA report, my Bachelor of Engineering degree is equivalent to Bachelor''s degree (four years) in Canada and my Postgraduate Certificate Programme in Management (1 year) from Indian Institute of Management was given a CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY as Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business.

What option to select from the below Canadian Equivalency list while filling my Express Entry application for my Postgraduate Certificate Programme in Management.
• None, or less than secondary (high school)
• Secondary diploma (high school graduation)
• One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
• Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
• Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years
• Master’s degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
• Doctoral level university degree (PhD) Awaiting for your quick response.
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years

VISHAN78

Nov 18, 2016
I got the following:

My B.E was evaluated for Canadian Equivalency of Bachelor's degree (4 years)
My P.G.D.M was not comparable to a Canadian education credential

Under which heading would mine be?

Appreciate your help!

darpan.aneja

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
rubinderjit said:
Hi Rubinderjit

My college of PGDM was awarded AICTE approval after I passed out. So what should I submit as AICTE approval certificate won't be available for those two years when I studied there. I shall submit the AIU equivalence certificate for sure. Please advise. Appreciate your help!

VISHAN78

Nov 18, 2016
I did my PGDM from SCMHRD and I got a note stating that the course is not accredited by AICTE and hence no Canadian equivalent.

Tegh

Nov 18, 2016
Thanks for the Information Rubinderjit!!

My PGDM Institute(IMT-Ghaziabad) is AICTE & AIU Recognized. SHould I ask Institute to send the AIU certification directly or should I send them myself?
Also should I apply for ECA from WES or CES, IQAS would also be fine? I heard of a rejection from WES for this institution.