+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PGDM from India considered as Masters level education for FSW

ankush91

Jun 29, 2017
Friends,
I read in this forum that "You need to submit AIU equivalence certificate awarded to your college and AICTE approval (or Extension of Approval) certificate for both years of study awarded to your college" in order to get a masters equivalent from WES for a PGDM(from India).
Any idea if this has to be send in physicl form enclosed or a soft copy should be fine?
Put a copy of the AIU alongwith the transcripts in an envelope. I followed that approach

ankush91

Jun 29, 2017
Hi,
As some people had asked this before- I got my PGDM from IIM Calcutta evaluated and have received equivalence of Master's degree for it.
Just to be sure, I requested my institute to also include a letter that says that PGDM is equivalent to an MBA.
But some friends got the same certification without the additional letter.
Hi buddy,
I'm from MDI Gurgaon. Let's connect!

Aliasgar90

Dec 1, 2017
I'm an alumnus of the Pgdm bd full time program from Weschool Bangalore. Got my eca as - 2 year post grad program from a recognised institution. Equivalent to 4 years Canadian bachelors degree.

shin_apurva

Mar 27, 2018
Hi,

I am going to start my assessment by WES in the next week. I have done my Bachelors from Mumbai University and my PGDM from Dalmia Institue which is AICTE approved institute and affiliated to Mumbai University but not in AIU list

My Query here is will WES consider my PGDM as diploma and do i need to attach any documents (AICTE/ Mumbai University) other then marksheets and certificate?

Reactions: baggy

Surabhi28

Mar 28, 2018
H
Hi,
As some people had asked this before- I got my PGDM from IIM Calcutta evaluated and have received equivalence of Master's degree for it.
Just to be sure, I requested my institute to also include a letter that says that PGDM is equivalent to an MBA.

Hi

I am also from IIM calcutta. I do not see IIM as an option of University in WES, how did u apply? Which option did you choose ?
Please help

Surabhi28

Mar 28, 2018
Hi

I'm in similar situation, which option shall I select select from the below Canadian Equivalency list while filling my Express Entry application:
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Following is the summary of my WES ECA report:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2004
Awarded by: University of Delhi
Major/Specialization: Computer Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma in Management for Executives
Year: 2012
Awarded by: Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a
graduate school of business
How did u apply for IIM in WES site? It is not under option.

What all documents did you send ?

Pravin7

Jan 25, 2018
AIU and AICTE..from.where can we get these docs. Can we get it online ourself or we need to ask institute
AICTE approval usually is available in the institutes site(generally not sure about IIM C),AIU equivalency letter has to be obtained from the institute

ktalwar18

Mar 4, 2018
Hi
Just to update on this topic: my pgdm was assessed by wes as masters equivalent.

Thanks
Midhun
Hi Midhun,
I have also done PGDM approved by AICTE, I am in process of getting it evaluated by WES. Will it be considered equivalent to a master's degree in Canada?

Sunny1988

Feb 13, 2018
Hii, I did my PGDM from an AICTE approved institute. While creating your WES profile, which institute type did you selected for your PGDM? The options available are:-
a) University education
b) State board of technical education
c) State board of general nursery and midwifery
d) professional education
e) Secondary education

smalias

Apr 12, 2018
Hi,
Would you have a format of the letter to share? Thanks!

smalias

Apr 12, 2018
submitted the AIU list (to be on the safer side). No harm in sending
Hi,
Hi, I'm from IIM C too. Could you please share the letter format with me on smalias112233@gmail.com? Did you get the transcript sent to WES directly, or first to you? ~thanks-in-advance

Mann1307

May 7, 2018
Hey,

I have completed by 2 years PGDM with Major Finance . My college is AICTE approved but it got in the list of AIU certified colleges just after my year of completion, Should I still give both the documents to WES for evaluation? Will I be able to get a Master's equivalent degree for WES? I am quite worried of this fact.

aastha91

May 9, 2018
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2018
Hi All,

I have a PGIT(Post graduation diploma) from Symbiosis Centre of Distance Learning. WES has not accepted it. It says unrecognised university. Is there any chance that if I apply to IQAS or ICAS for evaluation again it gets accepted.