+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PGDM from India considered as Masters level education for FSW

crazymind

Oct 1, 2019
Hi , I've done PGDM from MDI Gurgaon ( 2 year full time course) . Which ECA agency shall I choose so that it can be considered as Masters degree rather than Diploma.

vriddhesh

Dec 9, 2019
Hi, I have completed my PGDM from SP Jain Institute of Management & Research..Can anyone guide me on how to get it recognized as Masters degree by WES...Your help will be sincerely appreciated

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi, I have completed my PGDM from SP Jain Institute of Management & Research..Can anyone guide me on how to get it recognized as Masters degree by WES...Your help will be sincerely appreciated
PGDM from SP Jain will not get Master's equivalency from WES. You should consider ICAS, IQAS, CES or BCIT, if you want Master's equivalency.

sam01297.

Dec 19, 2019
I have recently started the ECA process through WES. I have done a PGDM 2 year course from a top 15 B-school in India, which is both AIU and AICTE approved.

I had asked the institute to sent an attested copy of AIU and AICTE certificates in the envelope. They have only sent the original approval certificates received from the Government in the 1990's and not for both years of my recently completed study. Any idea whether this will suffice for getting Masters equivalency?

Anyone else faced a similar situation?

Last edited:

Vixz879

Nov 22, 2019
Hi,
I have a PGDM degree in Marketing with Major in Computers from an accredited University (AICTE) in India. The course was for 2 years.
When I looked for points in the education factor in FSW program, it was mentioned that Masters degree would fetch 22 points along with Bachelors.
I do have a 3 years bachelors degree from a reputed university (Osmania) in Commerce.
Is PGDM considered a Master level education for FSW purpose? I think the answer should be yes, since it's a post graduate degree but wanted to check

Thanks
The degree itself has a name of post graduate diploma in mgmnt.

riyasharma

Jan 6, 2020
I think when the human resource management courses like PGDM are done from good colleges like ITM University, they maybe considered. However, it is best to consult seniors in your field to know best. As these rules and selection procedures keep changing, it is best to consult students and seniors in the field to know the facts accurately.

beaverman

Jan 25, 2020
Hi, anyone with experience of using ICAS/ICES/CES regarding equivalency of PGPM/PGPHRM diploma provided by Indian B-schools.. has anyone obtained Masters equivalency yet using these organizations?

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hi could anyone let me know here If WES considers a 3 year regular MCA as masters.

Please help and share views/experience.

Thanks.

Sep 7, 2020
MY PGDM was assessed as Master's Degree (Canadian Equivalency). You need to submit AIU equivalence certificate awarded to your college and AICTE approval (or Extension of Approval) certificate for both years of study awarded to your college. If your college doesn't have these approvals and equivalence certificate, then yo may not get Master's Evaluation.
Hi,
I have the AIU certificate, where can I find the AICTE approval certificate?
Also should these documents be directly uploaded on Wes portal or emailed to them separately?

Sep 7, 2020
If you don't submit the AIU equivalence certificate WES might not recognize your degree as Master's at first? I had to mail them and my WES evaluation was delayed by 7 weeks due to series of mails and re-submissions of documents? AIU equivalence certificate is easy to get from your institute. If you don't want to delay your evaluation, do submit the AIU and AICTE documents along with transcripts.
My mail them you mean sending an email or courier?

s.kat

Aug 25, 2020
I have BSc degree (3 yrs) which was evaluated as Canadian Equivalent of Bachelor's Degree (Four Years).
My two year PGDM was evaluated as Canadian Equivalent of Master's Degree.

As I said Earlier (and I have confirmed it from WES), the criteria is AIU Equivalency and AICTE Approval.
Hi .... Can you confirm what level of education did u fill in EE application for PGDM (the one which is not the ECA)
Level of Education : 2 year program
Level of Education (ECA) : Masters

OR
Level of Education : Masters
Level of Education (ECA) : Masters

since the degree says post graduate diploma and not MBA hence my confusion.

s.kat

Aug 25, 2020
Hi

I'm in similar situation, which option shall I select select from the below Canadian Equivalency list while filling my Express Entry application:
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Following is the summary of my WES ECA report:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2004
Awarded by: University of Delhi
Major/Specialization: Computer Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma in Management for Executives
Year: 2012
Awarded by: Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a
graduate school of business
What did u pick in level of education field for PGDM ?

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi,
I have done PGDM for som Lalit Institute, it is AICTE approved but not AIU approved. The institute is not mentioned in the WES. I was reading the previous comment and it was mentioned I need to submit the letter from the college stating they are AICTE approved. after submitting the letter what are the chances of getting master degree points. also as my college is not AIU approved will it matter if I submit the letter of my college being AICTE approved.

Also, does anyone have any format of letter of college stating themselves as AICTE approved. In my degree certificate, it is clearly mentioned my college is AICTE approved, which I think is the case with all of us, won't this suffice.
Hi Can you please tell me what was the evaluation result?

dhruvattre

Nov 1, 2020
Hi Rubinderjit ,

I am about the start the process for ECA Evalution. I have done B.SC( H) from Patna University and PGDM from AICTE and AIU approved college( NDIM- NEW Delhi) . Could you please guide me how to start the evaluation process from WES ( or any other ) . I do have few question
1) Do i need to evaluate all 10 , 10+2 , Graduation , PGDM or just the highest qualification ?
2) WES needs transcripts or marksheets also work

If you are in India could you please mail be your phone number , if in Canada please connect with me via mail
my email id is amit.the.manager@gmail.com

Hi Rubinderjit and Amit,

I have the same query as Amit. I have a three years bachelors degree with the PGDM from the same college as Amit.
I wanted to know if my degree will have the equivalency of a masters degree or not ?

Devesh09

Sep 22, 2018
Hi,
I have a PGDM degree in Marketing with Major in Computers from an accredited University (AICTE) in India. The course was for 2 years.
When I looked for points in the education factor in FSW program, it was mentioned that Masters degree would fetch 22 points along with Bachelors.
I do have a 3 years bachelors degree from a reputed university (Osmania) in Commerce.
Is PGDM considered a Master level education for FSW purpose? I think the answer should be yes, since it's a post graduate degree but wanted to check

Thanks
PGDBM is considered as 2nd Bachelor's degree. Just make sure you add the AiCTE approved certificate letter for the 2 yrs in college (you can download it from college website) and the transcript also mentions that. I did that and it worked.