+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA Assessment

sandy1203m

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Yes IQAS is really fast... and they cost little bit lower compared to WES..

Just few things which you dont get from IQAS
- online degree equivalency
- soft copy of your ECA report
- online account for your file to check status of your ECA

I Do got soft copy of my IQAS report.

tmahajan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hi, can you please let me know the result date mentioned in your letter. Looking at posts, it seems like decisions are made early but IQAS takes time to send the soft copy.
yes. IQAS is taking time to send the soft copy .

AOR date : 16th Apr 2018
Result date mentioned on ECA: 20th Apr (in 4 days :)) )
Soft Copy Received : 9th May 2018
Hard Copy Received : 11th May 2018 (Just after 2 days of receiving soft copy )

Regards

Reactions: adityagupta88

hashirusmani

Mar 29, 2018
My ECA timeline

documents received: 30th March
University documents received: 13 April
AOR 1 : 04th May
AOR 2 : Today 16th May
ECA Softcopy and Hardcopy : not yet

jassnisha

Mar 21, 2018
Hi Guys... I have a query.
My husband and myself sent the details to IQAS. We collected the transcripts in sealed packages and mailed it together with the application form. We have 2 different envelopes consisting of all my documents and husband's documents separately. But both these envelopes have been binded and sent in the same courier package to IQAS. Will that be an issue in evaluation?

The external courier package contains husband's reference number. But once they open the package they will find 2 separate pakages each for both of us. Please suggest, guys.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
My wife has BA and MA in Economics from two different universities in India. The university for BA is taking eternity to provide the transcripts whereas we've already received it for the university for MA.
Can anyone tell if IQAS will evaluate only the MA transcripts and provide a Master's degree equivalency. WES requires both Bachelor's and Master's transcripts for 12+3+2 years of education, so they will not evaluate without the BA transcripts.
Is it worth while to go with IQAS only for the MA degree, has anyone got similar thing done from India?

Onayimi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
My husband and I sent the details to IQAS. We collected the transcripts in sealed packages and mailed it together with the application form. We have 2 different envelopes consisting of all my documents and husband's documents separately. But both these envelopes have been bound and sent in the same courier package to IQAS. Will that be an issue in evaluation?

The external courier package contains husband's reference number. But once they open the package they will find 2 separate packages each for both of us. Please suggest, guys.
I believe that's fine.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
My wife has BA and MA in Economics from two different universities in India. The university for BA is taking eternity to provide the transcripts whereas we've already received it for the university for MA.
Can anyone tell if IQAS will evaluate only the MA transcripts and provide a Master's degree equivalency. WES requires both Bachelor's and Master's transcripts for 12+3+2 years of education, so they will not evaluate without the BA transcripts.
Is it worth while to go with IQAS only for the MA degree, has anyone got similar thing done from India?
Yes, you can do that. Send Bachelors to WES and Masters to IQAS.

Reactions: adityagupta88

spartanz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
IELTS Request
03/03/18 - L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 7 ; -SCREWED-- (04/07/18) - L: 6.5 - R:7.5 - W:6.5 - S:7 ; 5/12/2018 : L: 7 R : 9 W: 7 S : 8
My husband and myself sent the details to IQAS. We collected the transcripts in sealed packages and mailed it together with the application form. We have 2 different envelopes consisting of all my documents and husband's documents separately. But both these envelopes have been binded and sent in the same courier package to IQAS. Will that be an issue in evaluation?

The external courier package contains husband's reference number. But once they open the package they will find 2 separate pakages each for both of us. Please suggest, guys.

Yes, I did exactly same ( Except that outer Envelope had no Reference Number , Internal 2 individual Envelopes had Reference Number

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Yes, you can do that. Send Bachelors to WES and Masters to IQAS.
Thank you for the suggestion! I have one doubt, if I send the Masters to IQAS and they assess it as Canadaian Masters degree equivalent, then do we even need to get the Bachelors assessed by WES? As far as I know, we'll get points only for the highest degree in EE, which in this case will be Masters.
In case IQAS assess my wife's Masters degree as Canadian Bachelors equivalent, then we'll need to get her Bachelor Degree assessed to get points for "Two or more degrees..."

So, the basic question is whether IQAS will assess Indian Masters degree as Canadian Masters degree equivalent if we're not able to provide the Bachelors transcripts.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Thank you for the suggestion! I have one doubt, if I send the Masters to IQAS and they assess it as Canadaian Masters degree equivalent, then do we even need to get the Bachelors assessed by WES? As far as I know, we'll get points only for the highest degree in EE, which in this case will be Masters.
In case IQAS assess my wife's Masters degree as Canadian Bachelors equivalent, then we'll need to get her Bachelor Degree assessed to get points for "Two or more degrees..."

So, the basic question is whether IQAS will assess Indian Masters degree as Canadian Masters degree equivalent if we're not able to provide the Bachelors transcripts.
yes you are right...if IQAS evaluates yours masters as Canadian masters then you don't need bachelors evaluated by IQAS or WES...

but if you have doubt (or find previous experiences of people with same degree and university), then send both masters and bachelors transcripts to IQAS... this way even if IQAS evaluates as bachelors instead of masters, still you will save money and apply two degrees..

VinayThakur

May 27, 2018
As long as the documents are sealed and enclosed in an envelope by university it can be sent by anyone. It is not mandatory to have transcript request form. It is important to have each envelopes labeled with application reference number.
Can I send my documents and transcript all together (I got transcript from university), or should I mail documents and transcript seperately?