+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA Assessment

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
hello all ,

my docs were delivered to iqas around 18 april , I got confirmation via one email on 6th may and today 29th may I received my eca ,

they wrote my degree is generally comparable to bachelors and masters both

kapsy19

May 29, 2017
Can anybody please suggest if you included your secondary transcripts or not while getting ECA done through IQAS. Also, does it make a difference to your Express Entry application if you include secondary transcripts in ECA?

When I asked the same question to the IQAS person (on call), she said that she can't comment on that.

Expecting a response soon as I have to send my documents for ECA next week.

canada_scooby

May 24, 2017
Hi All,

I have a Bachelor's Degree (3 years) and achieved 45% marks in total for 3 years. I am sending my documents to IQAS for assessment. However, not really sure if i will get any points for it, since i have really low percentage. Has anyone here in the forum experienced it or has any inputs.

Thanks in advance.
Did you get your ECA done? Did they give you points for it?

Taurus09

Jun 2, 2017
Hi everyone. I received an email from IQAS confirming the receipt of my documents on april 27, 2017. But i still do not have any news from them until today. Is this normal?

pplupo

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Can you please share if you included your secondary transcripts or not. Also, does it make a difference to your application if you include secondary transcripts?
I did not include secondary transcripts, diploma or any secondary information at all. I left the whole section blank.

Shehzad82

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2017
Hi Seniors

Can anyone who has received ECA certificate from IQAS confirm whether the individual's middle name is printed on the certificate or not?

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
Hello,
I just completed the application form and made the payment. I have a query regarding the application form and the subsequent documents required to process ECA through IQAS.

In the online application form I was asked to list all schools, colleges, universities attended. So I provided information about my high school and each of the university from where I completed BS, MS and Ph.D.

In section B of the ECA checklist, there is a note that states "All transcripts must be sent directly to IQAS by each educational institution listed on your Application Form."

Please note that I only need my Ph.D. degree to be assessed. I do not need BS, MS and high school to be evaluated. Besides I have BS, MS and PhD frim different universities in different cities. It is a lot easier if I just have to send them the last degree.

What should I do?
Was I supposed to mention only my Ph.D. on the application form or is it ok to mention all institues on the application form and send them only the Ph.D. degree and transcript through university.

Please advice.

HuyQuang

Jun 1, 2017
Dear all contributors,
I have a question regarding to the degrees that will be sent to IQAS. I have Bachelor degree in Electronic-Telecommunications in Vietnam, and Master degree in Electronics of RMIT University, Melbourne. Do I need to send the bachelor degree for verify, or else only Master degree is sufficient?
I am not sure if it get any impact to my CRS score.
Thanks a lot.

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
Dear all contributors,
I have a question regarding to the degrees that will be sent to IQAS. I have Bachelor degree in Electronic-Telecommunications in Vietnam, and Master degree in Electronics of RMIT University, Melbourne. Do I need to send the bachelor degree for verify, or else only Master degree is sufficient?
I am not sure if it get any impact to my CRS score.
Thanks a lot.

I asked IQAS this question before starting the process and they gave the following answer:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).

For the ECA generally the highest academic degree out of all the credentials, i.e. Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD is evaluated. In most cases you don’t need to submit secondary school credentials. To make a better informed decision on which credentials you want IQAS to assess and to understand how points are assigned for foreign credentials, you should refer to the Government of Canada website at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

If you have further questions contact the IQAS office directly by calling: 780-427-2655.

Best regards,

IQAS

But in thier application form they ask for all the degress. Read my question in the thread above yours. It is still a confusion for me. Let me know if you find an answer.

BHULLAR07

Apr 14, 2017
Hello,
I just completed the application form and made the payment. I have a query regarding the application form and the subsequent documents required to process ECA through IQAS.

In the online application form I was asked to list all schools, colleges, universities attended. So I provided information about my high school and each of the university from where I completed BS, MS and Ph.D.

In section B of the ECA checklist, there is a note that states "All transcripts must be sent directly to IQAS by each educational institution listed on your Application Form."

Please note that I only need my Ph.D. degree to be assessed. I do not need BS, MS and high school to be evaluated. Besides I have BS, MS and PhD frim different universities in different cities. It is a lot easier if I just have to send them the last degree.

What should I do?
Was I supposed to mention only my Ph.D. on the application form or is it ok to mention all institues on the application form and send them only the Ph.D. degree and transcript through university.

Please advice.
You should have your educational evaluation from college onwards. IQAS does not charge extra. The cost will be same. But you have to request all three institutions to send sealed transcripts to IQAS. The institutions may charge you fees. But for immigration purpose, you need all three credentials evaluated. If you have already evaluated BS and MS, then you can send only Ph.D. If you are still confused, it is better to send all three. I have two diplomas and bachelors. Diplomas from same college in Melbourne and degree from different university. They assessed all three.

Last edited:

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
You should have your educational evaluation from college onwards. IQAS does not charge extra. The cost will be same. But you have to request all three institutions to send sealed transcripts to IQAS. The institutions may charge you fees. But for immigration purpose, you need all three credentials evaluated. If you have already evaluated BS and MS, then you can send only Ph.D. If you are still confused, it is better to send all three. I have two diplomas and bachelors. Diplomas from same college in Melbourne and degree from different university. They assessed all three.
Thanks for your reply. Actually I found on their website that only the latest degree is enough to be evaluated. I will look for more information.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=991&top=29

Jul 14, 2017
Hi friends,

I have two questions and I would highly appreciate if someone could answer.

Q 1. I have my ECA report assessed by WES. It says that my Bachelors and Masters degree in law are equivalent to Canadian Bachelor and Master. And since I chose IRCC as recepeint, it has access to my report. I recently lost my marksheets of Master degree while traveling and my University will take a lot of time to issue duplicates. Is it possible to upgrade my ECA report to reflect only my Bachelors degree because I will get the same points as Masters degree as law is a professional course. I want CIC to access only the new report so that I don't face any trouble later when asked for originals as I have already lost them.

Q 2. If I rather opt to get my Bachelors assessed only by IQAS, then CIC will have access to both the reports which will obviously be different. So is it a risk to opt for another assessment by a different institution?

So basically what i want is that only my Bachelors degree be assessed and reflect on my profile but not the Masters degree. Any solution would be very helpful.

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
Hello fellows:

I wanted to know how long does it take for the hard copy of the ECA report to be received after the softcopy sent on email.

thanks.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Hi Seniors

Can anyone who has received ECA certificate from IQAS confirm whether the individual's middle name is printed on the certificate or not?
Hi. Yes, the middle name is printed on the certificate.