+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland PNP applicants - No movement in application.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
can you share how is it progressing ? and the timelines?
Pnp based CEC nov 29, 2020. Security under process for past 3 months. Rest passed.
CEC file June 2021, medical expired and extended. Criminality, info sharing passed. Eligibility and security not started. File was last touched Oct 2.

Reactions: Princes Queen

SSB4

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Pnp based CEC nov 29, 2020. Security under process for past 3 months. Rest passed.
CEC file June 2021, medical expired and extended. Criminality, info sharing passed. Eligibility and security not started. File was last touched Oct 2.
thank you for sharing the info, I wish you get the approval soon for your CEC, since I know two applicants same as you PNP then CEC with july and Aug AOR got approved (one on 7th Oct and one 11th Oct).

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
thank you for sharing the info, I wish you get the approval soon for your CEC, since I know two applicants same as you PNP then CEC with july and Aug AOR got approved (one on 7th Oct and one 11th Oct).
Great. Thanks. There’s no mechanism or atleast not known to anyone how IRCC is prioritising applicantions.

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
I have fear that whenever IRCC ask documents it took few months to process in the light of current refugee crisis. My passport is expiring within this month so IRCC sent me letter with the wording shown below.
''This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following document:
Copy of a valid Passport: Passport must be valid at the time of visa issuance. We note that the passport we currently have on file for you will expire soon. Please send a copy of a new/updated passport. Your visa cannot be issued until receipt of the requested copy of a valid passport.
I have few reservations (1) In order for us to continue the review of your application, to me it seems that application is still under process and not finalized. (2) Your visa cannot be issued until receipt of the requested copy of a valid passport, I am not sure if my application is ready for visa because I did not even received a portal email.
What should I expect from this ADR letter? Anytime soon portal email? Does it a generic request letter to everyone with same wording? In between thanks for your response!
Have you applied for the new passport yet? I think you can do that while waiting and can provide IRCC your reference number of the new passport application. I guess it will take around 2 weeks to get new passport and as your current passport is expiring in a month’s time, your new passport will be ready by then. I can tell you from my personal experience that IRCC does take passport such a big thing without realizing that a person can of course get a new passport even after the decision. Being in status is more important than having a renewed passport but IRCC doesn’t have a common sense to think over it.

Reactions: Princes Queen

Princes Queen

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Have you applied for the new passport yet? I think you can do that while waiting and can provide IRCC your reference number of the new passport application. I guess it will take around 2 weeks to get new passport and as your current passport is expiring in a month’s time, your new passport will be ready by then. I can tell you from my personal experience that IRCC does take passport such a big thing without realizing that a person can of course get a new passport even after the decision. Being in status is more important than having a renewed passport but IRCC doesn’t have a common sense to think over it.
This is just to get client out of PR path. I have sent updated passport. Luckily I got renewed passport this month. But I was not ready that IRCC will ask me for that. Thanks for your response!

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
Hi all,

after 20 months I received a ghost update yesterday and upon checking I found that my medicals have been updated yesterday. However, my medicals were expired and extended in March 2021 as per GCMS notes.Does it mean that an officer has finally touched my file? If so, does anybody know how long does it take after something has been updated online.

Reactions: upon

xza116

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hi all,

after 20 months I received a ghost update yesterday and upon checking I found that my medicals have been updated yesterday. However, my medicals were expired and extended in March 2021 as per GCMS notes.Does it mean that an officer has finally touched my file? If so, does anybody know how long does it take after something has been updated online.
In my case GCMS shows medical being extended in May 2021, but only in late August that I received an GU. If you have no other issue with your file. IMO you should receive the golden email very soon. The officer extended the expiry date but they have to request from Medical officer to finalize it

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Hi all,

It is a good sign. I believe you will get the golden email very soon.

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
In my case GCMS shows medical being extended in May 2021, but only in late August that I received an GU. If you have no other issue with your file. IMO you should receive the golden email very soon. The officer extended the expiry date but they have to request from Medical officer to finalize it
Hi,

thank you for your reply. My medicals got expired in Jan 2021 and then got extended in March 2021 after medical officer’s approval for next 12 months. I really hope that IRCC finalize my application as it’s been 20 months and this ghost Update gave me some hope. I have applied for my BOWP extension in July and didn’t get any decision on that too.

Reactions: xza116 and upon

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
They did not do any draw other than PNP for more than a month already while landing very high numbers of applicants each month. This is a clear sign that they are clearing the backlog. I hope we all receive PR very soon:

Reactions: xza116

Rasputin666

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
They did not do any draw other than PNP for more than a month already while landing very high numbers of applicants each month. This is a clear sign that they are clearing the backlog. I hope we all receive PR very soon:
I am not feeling positive that this forum and other chat groups are all very silent. I don't even see an approved EEPNP with Sydney recently.