+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from SFO

mccsthisfall

Sep 8, 2010
Yes I got it notarized from UPS. I notarized one copy of each required document (I believe the notary sealed and signed both). In some cases, where seal was not possible, I believe she signed and gave seal on a different copy certifying that document is correct etc.
Thanks @hs3 for answers !

ap_1082

Oct 23, 2018
Is the fee $28 or $27 for getting PCC in sf? The website says 25+3 and the form says 25+2.

Last edited:

vshiva212

Oct 24, 2018
Just an update for anyone looking for a timeline. I sent my documents for a pcc to sfo consulate on 12th September, reached the consulate 13th september. They told me that they submitted my documents on 14th and today 27th September my package was picked up hopefully will reach in a day or two. Good luck to others.
Hi Khush,

I have sent my documents on 10/09 but still did not hear anything from them. When you say 'they told me that they submitted my documents on 14th' did they contact you? I have tried emailing the consulate on misc.sf@mea.gov.in to no avail. Does anyone have an alternate email ID to reach them?

Last edited:

canadaprnb21

Oct 22, 2018
Hi Khush,

I have sent my documents on 10/09 but still did not hear anything from them. When you say 'they told me that they submitted my documents on 14th' did they contact you? I have tried emailing the consulate on misc.sf@mea.gov.in to no avail. Does anyone have an alternate email ID to reach them?
Has anybody applied to SGO consulate in person? Do you have to submit your passport when you apply in person?

canadaprnb21

Oct 22, 2018
I applied PCC at sfo embassy on 20th July, in person. I don’t have any update till today. I was told that 4 weeks is the processing time, and today completes 4 weeks. Hopefully I will hear next week.
When did you get PCC? Also did you submit your passport while applying in person?

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Need Urgent help...

I sent the forms and my passport to SF via fedex, I sent a return envelope along with my shipment. The smart people at fedex canceled the return label and cannot reinstate it. I have tried calling extension 148 at the SF consulate but I guess they don't respond to phone calls. What are my options please advise...

desiguy31

Oct 21, 2018
Have few questions regarding this topic:
1. Can I send mine and my wife's passports and supporting docs in the same package together (but different applications)?
2. If I do, can I have just 1 money order of $54? ($27x2)
3. In Application form, in the section where list of "Certificates" are given, should I enter CANADA in the blank: Police Clearance Certificate for _______ (country) ?
4. I am planning to send I797 approval notice, which I will notarize. Do I need to notarize the copy of my visa stamp in passport? Because I am sending original passport and they can verify that the visa is valid and stamped!

Any help is appreciated!

test123A

Sep 7, 2018
I submitted mine on oct 15. Today completed 1 month. Still no movement on the tracking number via ups. How much longer do I have to wait? What is the processing time theese days in sfo?
One of my acquaintances got his done over the same day. Why is the process so drastically different between the twl locations?

ponki

May 31, 2018
Is there any way to confirm if the original passport has been received by the Indian consulate in San Francisco? Anybody having any experience of visiting the consulate after mailing them their passports and receiving them in person? I am travelling towards SFO and am planning to stop by. Is it a good idea to do so? Please advise

test123A

Sep 7, 2018
Is there any way to confirm if the original passport has been received by the Indian consulate in San Francisco? Anybody having any experience of visiting the consulate after mailing them their passports and receiving them in person? I am travelling towards SFO and am planning to stop by. Is it a good idea to do so? Please advise
I was thinking about the same...But wanted to check whether that's a good idea? Will the consulate entertain requests in person which were originally sent them via mail? Has anyone explored this option yet?

ponki

May 31, 2018
I was thinking about the same...But wanted to check whether that's a good idea? Will the consulate entertain requests in person which were originally sent them via mail? Has anyone explored this option yet?
They may do it. I went there and they did for me.

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
SF consulate received my passport (issued by SF consulate) on 11/1.
I got a call from them asking what country do you need the PCC for on 11/26
Received my Passport and PCC on 11/29

lovranchisko

Dec 17, 2018
Can someone please confirm the below checklist?

Checklist to send to Indian Consulate at SFO by MAIL:
$27 Money order or Cashiers’ cheque drawn in favor of the ‘Consulate General of India, San Francisco’
Application form -- photo and signature (3.5cm*3.5cm (2"*2") photos)
Personal proforma -- photo and signature
-- Two Indian References
Notarized copies of I-797 and Driving License in the US
ORIGINAL PASSPORT
Trackable pre-paid return mailing envelope (USPS 'Express Mail' or FEDEX etc.)

Sources: http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236

Additional questions:
1. Do we have to sign on top of the photo we are pasting to Application form and personal proforma?
2. Do I have to send them self-attested copies of my passport as well?
3. How long does it take for them to process (since this is by mail) excluding the to and fro postage time ?
https://notepad.software/ https://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/ https://filezilla.software/
Did you get an update on this? My passports reached SFO on 27th Feb 2018 but no response yet and I am wondering if anyone knows the time it normally takes for getting a PCC.

Last edited: