+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from SFO

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Any idea about processing times for people who have mailed their documents and / or do not have passport issued in San Francisco?
Sorry won’t be able to say for sure how long will it take for people who posted application.

I just shared my experience.
I applied in-person on 20th July. Got a phone call on 20th August asking about the intended country and on 23rd they dispatched my report. My passport was issued in India.

Reactions: hs3

sejal214

May 3, 2018
I just got an update about my shipment. So it usually takes 3 days from phone call to post the report. Hang on, chances are high you will get a tracking update tomorrow or definitely by Monday.

To all others who have applied to sfo for PCC, expect a processing time of 5 weeks, if you have posted in person and your passport was not issued from sfo.
I see my tracking update for my return shipment too.

Reactions: hs3 and Jojo!86

kd1

Aug 28, 2018
Anybody here who has completed PCC from San Francisco ?

I am applying for the same. I have certain questions regarding the Personal Particulars Form.

I have an Indian passport but I am staying in US from last 4 years. In the Personal Particular form (http://www.cgisf.org/pdf/ppertpro.pdf) what did you mention as your present residential address ?
Were the references for Indian address or US ?

Thanks in advance !

hs3

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I gave my parents address (Indian Address) in 8a) and same address in 8b)

See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-around-pcc-from-indian-consulate-in-san-francisco.509889/

Anybody here who has completed PCC from San Francisco ?

I am applying for the same. I have certain questions regarding the Personal Particulars Form.

I have an Indian passport but I am staying in US from last 4 years. In the Personal Particular form (http://www.cgisf.org/pdf/ppertpro.pdf) what did you mention as your present residential address ?
Were the references for Indian address or US ?

Thanks in advance !

mccsthisfall

Sep 8, 2010
Any ideas if we need to send them two money orders ($25 and $3) or just one ($28).
Applying by Post, currently accumulating documents.

hs3

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Any ideas if we need to send them two money orders ($25 and $3) or just one ($28).
Applying by Post, currently accumulating documents.
I sent one money order of $27, the additonal fee was updated to $2 sometime ago I believe. Haven't received the pcc yet.

Reactions: mccsthisfall

mccsthisfall

Sep 8, 2010
Sorry won’t be able to say for sure how long will it take for people who posted application.

I just shared my experience.
I applied in-person on 20th July. Got a phone call on 20th August asking about the intended country and on 23rd they dispatched my report. My passport was issued in India.
Hi , did the consulate keep your passport ? Or was it returned to you immediately ?

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
My timeline:
Docs reached SFO: Aug 6
money order cashed:Aug 7
Emailed CGI couple of times, didn’t hear anything back from them.
Package picked from sfo: Aug 29
Received Passport/PCC back on: Aug 30

rashmi_sharma

Aug 31, 2018
Does SFO provide the clearance certificate on the same day if documents are submitted in person? I believe sending by mail has been taking way too long.

hs3

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Does SFO provide the clearance certificate on the same day if documents are submitted in person? I believe sending by mail has been taking way too long.
Their website says it takes a month or so.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
you can take your passport back on the same day if you went down to SF physically to apply for the PCC. but to receive the PCC its gonna take a month regardless.