+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from SFO

rashmi_sharma

Aug 31, 2018
I have been looking at multiple forums (which was probably not a good idea). Can someone be so kind to share a checklist of documents to be sent by mail? This is what I have so far -
1) Miscellaneous Application Form - downloaded and completed
2) Indian passport (Original)
3) Proof of stay in USA (H1B visa stamping page & I-94 copies)
4) Address proof in USA (Drivers license/ State ID/ Lease agreement/ Utilities bills)
5) Personal Particulars Form - downloaded and completed
6) Money order for CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA, SAN FRANCISCO" NO BLANK CHECK/MONEY ORDER WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE CONSULATE for $28

What other supporting documents does one have to send?
I am not sure if anything else is required and what exactly needs to be notarized as I didn't find the information on the consulate's website.

Thanks!

hs3

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have been looking at multiple forums (which was probably not a good idea). Can someone be so kind to share a checklist of documents to be sent by mail? This is what I have so far -
1) Miscellaneous Application Form - downloaded and completed
2) Indian passport (Original)
3) Proof of stay in USA (H1B visa stamping page & I-94 copies)
4) Address proof in USA (Drivers license/ State ID/ Lease agreement/ Utilities bills)
5) Personal Particulars Form - downloaded and completed
6) Money order for CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA, SAN FRANCISCO" NO BLANK CHECK/MONEY ORDER WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE CONSULATE for $28

What other supporting documents does one have to send?
I am not sure if anything else is required and what exactly needs to be notarized as I didn't find the information on the consulate's website.

Thanks!
This page has all the info. http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236

Here is what I had mailed (yet to receive PCC):
1) Filled Miscellaneous Services Form with 1 photo
2) Original Indian Passport
3) Proof of US Visa Status (Approved I-797 form for H1B - notarized)
4) Proof of US Residence (State ID - notarized)
5) Personal Particulars Proforma with 1 photo
6) An additional photo (I had an extra copy with me, so i just sent it; had read on the forum somewhere that they are sometimes not clear with what they want and sometimes need 3 photos instead of 2..)
7) USPS Money order in favor of Consulate General of India, San Francisco for $27 (ICWF charges for miscellaneous services would be $2.00 per application instead of $3.00 w.e.f. September 01, 2017)

test123A

Sep 7, 2018
Hi,
I have submitted my passport along with related documents to San Francisco consulate on 17th August requesting for Police clearance certificate via mail. I have not received any information and haven't received my passport back yet. I just emailed

passportusa@ckgs.com,
Passport.cs@ckgs.com

asking for status.

Can someone tell me what is the general timeline for receiving the PCC bank? Also, is this the right email where I am asking the questions?

Last edited:

rashmi_sharma

Aug 31, 2018
This page has all the info. http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236

Here is what I had mailed (yet to receive PCC):
1) Filled Miscellaneous Services Form with 1 photo
2) Original Indian Passport
3) Proof of US Visa Status (Approved I-797 form for H1B - notarized)
4) Proof of US Residence (State ID - notarized)
5) Personal Particulars Proforma with 1 photo
6) An additional photo (I had an extra copy with me, so i just sent it; had read on the forum somewhere that they are sometimes not clear with what they want and sometimes need 3 photos instead of 2..)
7) USPS Money order in favor of Consulate General of India, San Francisco for $27 (ICWF charges for miscellaneous services would be $2.00 per application instead of $3.00 w.e.f. September 01, 2017)
Hi - thanks for your response!

Leigh_S

Aug 27, 2018
Finally found the right thread for my question, can someone please help me on this. My passport is stuck at SFO but I am awaiting my work visa approval here in USA. Assuming the worst case scenario (visa getting rejected and I have to leave USA immediately), will I be able to go to the consulate to pick up my passport even if I have to cancel my PCC application.

Any response is highly appreciated.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Finally found the right thread for my question, can someone please help me on this. My passport is stuck at SFO but I am awaiting my work visa approval here in USA. Assuming the worst case scenario (visa getting rejected and I have to leave USA immediately), will I be able to go to the consulate to pick up my passport even if I have to cancel my PCC application.

Any response is highly appreciated.
You don't need to cancel the PCC application to get your passport back. You may contact the consulate and tell them you need to travel and send your passport back. They should have verified the details by now.

Reactions: Leigh_S

Leigh_S

Aug 27, 2018
You don't need to cancel the PCC application to get your passport back. You may contact the consulate and tell them you need to travel and send your passport back. They should have verified the details by now.
Thank you so much for the response.

hs3

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Just wanted to let you guys know that my wife and I received our PCC (dated 10 th Sep) today, i.e. 15th Sep. We had mailed our applications on 18th Aug and it had reached SFO office on 20th.

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
Hi,
I have submitted my passport along with related documents to San Francisco consulate on 17th August requesting for Police clearance certificate via mail. I have not received any information and haven't received my passport back yet. I just emailed

passportusa@ckgs.com,
Passport.cs@ckgs.com

asking for status.

Can someone tell me what is the general timeline for receiving the PCC bank? Also, is this the right email where I am asking the questions?

Hey,

Did you receive your PCC yet ?

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
Just an update for anyone looking for a timeline. I sent my documents for a pcc to sfo consulate on 12th September, reached the consulate 13th september. They told me that they submitted my documents on 14th and today 27th September my package was picked up hopefully will reach in a day or two. Good luck to others.

Jul 28, 2018
How long is the current wait to receive a PCC certificate from SF Consulate, I submitted mine on Aug 02, (the CGI cashed my cashier's check on Aug 2) I have still not received it. I emailed them and went in person and they told me they are still awaiting from RPO in India .
Its been almost 2 months now! Has anyone been in the same boat? Our deadline is approaching, has anyone accepted ITA without PCC- my wife is the primary applicant and she got her PCC. Also, has anyone in India been able to reach out to RPO- I mean I can ask my father to go to the RPO office but who to reach out there?! Please help!

mccsthisfall

Sep 8, 2010
Hi, I have few questions on notarization of copies :
  1. Is it oksy to get them notarized at UPS, I called them up and they say they can notarize for $10 per signature .
  2. What is the format for notarization, do we have to print a separate document listing out all the copied documents and then ask notary to sign that and state all the attached copies are true and correct
Any other info would be very helpful.

test123A

Sep 7, 2018
How much time it takes to get PCC from San francisco embassy if applying in person? My passport is issued from SFO

hs3

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi, I have few questions on notarization of copies :
  1. Is it oksy to get them notarized at UPS, I called them up and they say they can notarize for $10 per signature .
  2. What is the format for notarization, do we have to print a separate document listing out all the copied documents and then ask notary to sign that and state all the attached copies are true and correct
Any other info would be very helpful.
Yes I got it notarized from UPS. I notarized one copy of each required document (I believe the notary sealed and signed both). In some cases, where seal was not possible, I believe she signed and gave seal on a different copy certifying that document is correct etc.

Reactions: mccsthisfall