+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from SFO

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hi,

Did anyone submitted docs to SFO via mail for himself and Spouse? And can you please advise on below points:

1) Can we courier both of our envelope's (containing respective applications) in One Single Envelope ?

2) If we courier the docs to SFO, do we also need to send "self addressed return envelope" to get back passport and PCC?

3) If so, Do we need to send 1 "self addressed return envelope" for both Husband & Wife Or 2 return envelope's.

4) Is there any fees that wee need to pay apart from $27 ($25 + $2), if we are sending the "self addressed return envelope"

Many Thanks..!!!

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
It’s been two days since I got the call from sfo asking about country for PCC, I left the response in email (misc@cgisf.org), as per their voicemail, since I missed their call. I didn’t see any update on my tracking Id or any email response from sfo. Their phone number I guess is for joke, as it never gets answered. Worst case situation I need to fly to sfo this Monday and hope that they will entertain my case.
The email id you have stated is wrong.

unknown_user

Jan 22, 2019
Just wanted to let everyone know...The SF consulate is by far the worst. Can't get a hold of them via phone, or email. And when they finally send the PCC after 4 months you know what they misspell the name and the passport number in it. No means to contact them, no way to get it changed other than going through the entire process again!!! This so reminded me of days back in India took me back 12 years!

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Just wanted to let everyone know...The SF consulate is by far the worst. Can't get a hold of them via phone, or email. And when they finally send the PCC after 4 months you know what they misspell the name and the passport number in it. No means to contact them, no way to get it changed other than going through the entire process again!!! This so reminded me of days back in India took me back 12 years!
You got ur PCC after 4 months or 4 weeks ?

unknown_user

Jan 22, 2019
4 months (not weeks, but months) yes!!!! Applied sometime at the end of the September, missed my India trip since the consulate had my passport, flew to SF to the consulate twice and got the typical Indian response - we are still processing your application!! And to add to insult, the consulate was like yeah let us mess your PP number as well your name too so you can have the privilege of going through the entire process again. If anyone might think that I might have any misdemeanors against me in India, no I haven't travelled back to India in almost 5 years (this was my first trip planned after a long time, been in the States for almost 10 years now) and recently like 2 years ago I had my passport renewed with the NY consulate. Amazing people there!

Last edited:

skp.biet

Aug 10, 2018
Apr 27th accordingly to UPS but the consulate had shared May 1st in one of their email query responses. So we're approaching the 30 day timeline as well. Tracking and visibility seems to be a mess :)
Hi Abhi,

Do you have the email ID for SFO consulate, I tried calling they didn't pick. The automated response says send an email using contact us page, which only has CKGS links and email.

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hi All,
Here is an update on recent PCC processing time:

Passport (issued from India) and Docs sent to SFO consulate via USPS

Date SFO consulate received docs: 28th Dec 2018
Date SFO consulate registered case: 3rd Jan 2019
Received Passport & PCC on: 29th Jan 2019

Reactions: skp.biet

skp.biet

Aug 10, 2018
You can try the following email id: misc.sf@mea.gov.in I hope he will also share the same email id.
Thanks a lot for correct email ID, D-Source. I emailed them and they responded quickly (next day, but quick bi Indian Standard :D). Its a different matter that their response is making me think they lost my spouse's (Primary Applicant) passport. They say that it was handed over to Fedex last week but my tracking says it isn't picked. Called Fedex and they said its not picked, I have reached out to Consulate via email but now they are not replying to email. I just hope they are able to look into it as I was hoping to submit PR application in Jan.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks a lot for correct email ID, D-Source. I emailed them and they responded quickly (next day, but quick bi Indian Standard :D). Its a different matter that their response is making me think they lost my spouse's (Primary Applicant) passport. They say that it was handed over to Fedex last week but my tracking says it isn't picked. Called Fedex and they said its not picked, I have reached out to Consulate via email but now they are not replying to email. I just hope they are able to look into it as I was hoping to submit PR application in Jan.
They may have a certain time when Fedex comes and picks passports. So its possible tracker gets activated tonight.

skp.biet

Aug 10, 2018
They may have a certain time when Fedex comes and picks passports. So its possible tracker gets activated tonight.
Well! I don’t think so...cause My PCC and passports were infact picked by Fedex but not for my spouse...I am trying to reach out to them maybe they kept somewhere in some drawer and forgot to handover to Fedex

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well! I don’t think so...cause My PCC and passports were infact picked by Fedex but not for my spouse...I am trying to reach out to them maybe they kept somewhere in some drawer and forgot to handover to Fedex
Oh dang ... hope they locate it soon. That's really unprofessional on their part.

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
If you still have some time in submitting documents, you can wait for few days and check with Fedex again. Else you can drive to SFO in person as this is something very important and you should not risk it.