+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from SFO

RelocateDream

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
if you're gonna get it from SFO, that's not an option. it is clearly mentioned in the instructions that same day service is not available at this consulate. perhaps that would work in some other Indian consulate but not in SFO. You HAVE to mail your passport or go drop it off in person but it would still take a month!

you can see the same mentioned in the last parts of the below link.

http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236

There's really nothing to worry about. I emailed them too asking about it and they confirmed that we have to mail in the original passport or go in person to drop it off.
Thanks, viki1805.

I fly next month and don't want to risk giving them the PP and not getting it back in time! On the other hand, if I delay then I'm gone for most of my 60-day period to upload my docs. Hence, I was trying to decide which option is best: mail or in person. I'm still undecided on which option works best.
Guess I got confused when I read on SFO website that you need to "present" your PP - thought that meant that you just show PP and get it back. On another thread, someone suggested that they give it back to you same day and send PCC in separate mail. Isn't that what happens?

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
if you're gonna get it from SFO, that's not an option. it is clearly mentioned in the instructions that same day service is not available at this consulate. perhaps that would work in some other Indian consulate but not in SFO. You HAVE to mail your passport or go drop it off in person but it would still take a month!

you can see the same mentioned in the last parts of the below link.

http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236

There's really nothing to worry about. I emailed them too asking about it and they confirmed that we have to mail in the original passport or go in person to drop it off.
Mate they mean same day service is not available to get PCC. This is what they are trying to say in the website. If you are spplying in person you can get back the passport same day.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Mate they mean same day service is not available to get PCC. This is what they are trying to say in the website. If you are spplying in person you can get back the passport same day.
I see. I misunderstood them perhaps! sorry for the confusion!

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Thanks, viki1805.

I fly next month and don't want to risk giving them the PP and not getting it back in time! On the other hand, if I delay then I'm gone for most of my 60-day period to upload my docs. Hence, I was trying to decide which option is best: mail or in person. I'm still undecided on which option works best.
Guess I got confused when I read on SFO website that you need to "present" your PP - thought that meant that you just show PP and get it back. On another thread, someone suggested that they give it back to you same day and send PCC in separate mail. Isn't that what happens?
You will get the passport back the same day if you apply in person. Still if you are not satisfied you can call them and confirm.

NTDF9

Jul 18, 2018
Anyone else submitted application for PCC at SF consulate in June/July 2018? I submitted all documents on July 9. Today is July 23. No updates.

Without an online tracker I'm unable to see any progress. Anyone else who submitted at SF consulate around the same time?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Anyone else submitted application for PCC at SF consulate in June/July 2018? I submitted all documents on July 9. Today is July 23. No updates.

Without an online tracker I'm unable to see any progress. Anyone else who submitted at SF consulate around the same time?
you should get it in the first week of August.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
I submitted on 27th of June. Still no updates.
just to throw some perspective on the timeline, This is what happened in my case:
Docs reached SFO: June 20
money order cashed: June 25
Emailed CGI and they said my application processing start date was: June 25 (told me to expect my passport back after 30 days from then)
Got a call from CGISF asking who the PCC was being addressed to: July 16
Received Passport/PCC back on: July 20