+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from SFO

AmB20

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hello All

I am planning to apply for PPC at SFO consulate in person. Can I carry my wife's documents and submit on behalf of her ? I have notarized her I 797 as well as residency proof ( lease document ) She has filled up the Application form, personal performa form and has provided ahandwrittenn note saying that I can apply on her behalf. I am plannning to carry her original documents like Passport, I 797 , lease documents etc . Would that work ?

Also for the personal performa form, it is said that we have fill 3 forms is that correct? Please confirm.
On their website its mentioned that they dont accept same day walk ins for PPC applications.

AmB20

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Btw, can you let me know when your return label gets activated or when you receive it? And any idea why they called you to confirm which country? Didn't we write that in the form?
I have received the report yesterday. On the report they have added the country name for which the report was requested for, so may be thats why they asked for that.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
4 weeks at sfo consulate is slow. My friend sent to houston consulate and it came back to him in 4 days.
CGISF Processing time is extremely bad. I had submitted my passport on the 20th of June, and I emailed them about how much longer it was gonna take recently and they said around the 25th of July. I had booked a medical test in Berkley for the 24th but that's not gonna happen now and I had to reschedule it for the 9th of August and the worst part of this whole process is the fact that I don't even need the Indian PCC anymore but it was too late when I found out.

elektrikuser

Jul 15, 2018
CGISF Processing time is extremely bad. I had submitted my passport on the 20th of June, and I emailed them about how much longer it was gonna take recently and they said around the 25th of July. I had booked a medical test in Berkley for the 24th but that's not gonna happen now and I had to reschedule it for the 9th of August and the worst part of this whole process is the fact that I don't even need the Indian PCC anymore but it was too late when I found out.
Hey..why did you not need the pcc from the consulate? Did you get it from India directly ? Can we do that ? If so is there some specific wording that needs to be on the letter.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hey..why did you not need the pcc from the consulate? Did you get it from India directly ? Can we do that ? If so is there some specific wording that needs to be on the letter.
Hey, No I dont think it is allowed to submit a PCC from the home country when you're a resident elsewhere. ideally you would have to get it from the consulate in that country.
I assumed that I needed it since I am a citizen of India and sent my docs to the consulate in SF, but apparently since I have never lived in India it wasn't needed in my case, and the request for Indian PCC wasn't even part of my required docs on the application.

hardikpatel123

Star Member
May 3, 2018
Hey, No I dont think it is allowed to submit a PCC from the home country when you're a resident elsewhere. ideally you would have to get it from the consulate in that country.
I assumed that I needed it since I am a citizen of India and sent my docs to the consulate in SF, but apparently since I have never lived in India it wasn't needed in my case, and the request for Indian PCC wasn't even part of my required docs on the application.
I too found out that i didnt need the PCC but was too late.

I have the WES now and I submitted the PCC on 9th july so now expecting the pCC from sf to come on 9 aug. DO you know how long we have to decline the ITA once it comes?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
I too found out that i didnt need the PCC but was too late.

I have the WES now and I submitted the PCC on 9th july so now expecting the pCC from sf to come on 9 aug. DO you know how long we have to decline the ITA once it comes?
well declining your ITA can be done at anytime before your invitation expires. now that depends on when you got your ITA. if it was before june 26th, you have 90 days to complete and submit your application, and if you received it after june 26th, you have 60 days to complete the application. but declining the ITA should ideally be done before the invitation expires.

RelocateDream

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi Varsha,

Is it required to send Passport via postal mail or is it okay to send notarized photocopies of Passport? Also US Drivers License & Work Authorization - do we need to send the backside of them or only front part will work. If we need to send the back part as well, do we need to get them notarized?
I had the same questions about PP. Did you get an answer? Thanks!

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Thanks.
What if I appear at the embassy in person? Then, can I keep my PP after showing it to them?
if you're gonna get it from SFO, that's not an option. it is clearly mentioned in the instructions that same day service is not available at this consulate. perhaps that would work in some other Indian consulate but not in SFO. You HAVE to mail your passport or go drop it off in person but it would still take a month!

you can see the same mentioned in the last parts of the below link.

http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236

There's really nothing to worry about. I emailed them too asking about it and they confirmed that we have to mail in the original passport or go in person to drop it off.