+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

josephinecudisal

Mar 5, 2011
Does anyone have a sample letter of employment for work permit extension? My employer doesnt know what to write. Also do i need a new LMIA to extend my work permit it still with the sane employer. I will appreciate all ur help

josephinecudisal

Mar 5, 2011
Hi, is anyone here has a copy of letter from employer i just need it to extend my work permit. My employer doesnt know what to write. Also, to extend the work permit do i need to have a new Lmia its still with the same employer. Thanks in advance

Mar 24, 2017
App recvd on the 12th Apr
Processing started on the 19th Apr
AOR recvd on the 20th Apr
Final decision letter recvd on the 2nd May
Letter stating my local cic office will get in touch with me through email for interview date
HI ..did you send open work permit appliation together with your PR applicaiton

gabriel_evb

Dec 3, 2016
Have anyone seen the new rule they set for those who come to Canada on the care for children pathway? Looks like who don't make 2 years until November 2019 won't be eligible to apply for the PR.
How come they put that new rule? I had a friend applying for the program really soon and he was hoping to be a permanent resident!!

"We will stop accepting applications for this permanent resident program on November 29, 2019. If you don’t have two years of full-time work experience as a caregiver before it closes, you won’t be eligible to apply."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/children/eligibility.html

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
This is just my opinion:

You are correct, she needs to enroll as international student if she wants to take the full time course. But the catch is, if she’s on a temporary work visa, its not possible. She needs to apply fo a student visa.

As far as tution is concern, the best way is to ask the school about mode of payment.

Hi,
I have a question regarding the education requirement for the PR application, my friend is looking to work as a caregiver in Canada under one of the two tracks, however she does not have a degree as she left the course halfway. As a result, she has complete up to high school which is 10 years for the Philippines education system.
1.As such can she be qualified to get a work permit to work as a caregiver in Canada? She does have up to 5 years working experience as a caregiver in another country.
2. For application for Canadian PR after two years working in Canada as a caregiver under one of the two pathways, she needs minimum a post secondary certificate of one year. I have looked at the PSW courses in the community college and i see that it is full time and you would to have to enroll into the course as an international student i believe and the course fee is really high. Did you pay for the course by hand or is there any financial help that can be applied for?

Looking forward to your advise and replies, it would help a great deal. Thank you.

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
My opinion is: your friend might not get approved if that is the case. Or, if she gets approve, she cant apply for PR. She can only work for a specific time or based on the contract.

Have anyone seen the new rule they set for those who come to Canada on the care for children pathway? Looks like who don't make 2 years until November 2019 won't be eligible to apply for the PR.
How come they put that new rule? I had a friend applying for the program really soon and he was hoping to be a permanent resident!!

"We will stop accepting applications for this permanent resident program on November 29, 2019. If you don’t have two years of full-time work experience as a caregiver before it closes, you won’t be eligible to apply."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/children/eligibility.html

mdacab

Mar 1, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and is also in the beginning months of working as a child caregiver. I would like to ask for your opinion or experience regarding my case.

I graduated nursing in the Philippines last 2015 (note: I don't have any work experience prior to my move in Canada) then came here in Canada in 2017 as an international student. I took Gerontology nursing (basically branch of nursing that caters with the elderly population) for 1 year and received my post graduate work permit last November 2017. Now, I started working as a child caregiver since January and my employer will be giving me LMIA work permit after my PGWP expires in November 2018. So my question is, in the future, let's say when I apply for PR, will I be eligible for caring for children pathway (I know they said it's closing but still hoping that they will open it again after the review of the pathway)? I'm worried because I don't really have an experience as a childcare provider but as part of my nursing background, I did complete trainings for taking care of children and basically all lifespan. Also, since I entered Canada as a student and studied a specific branch of Nursing (which is care for the elderly) I'm afraid that it might cause a problem when I apply for PR in the future.

I hope you can give me a piece of advice regarding this. Thanks!

Reactions: Dimi2015

RMAvelino

Mar 17, 2018
Hi. Just wanna ask about the situation of my work permit and how to apply for an extension, open and permanent residence so in my work permit the occupation is "Live-in Caregiver for Person with disability'' but the Remarks which in the bottom part of my work permit says "Not under LCP" what does it means? can anyone help me since my work permit expires in 5 months?

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Hi. Just wanna ask about the situation of my work permit and how to apply for an extension, open and permanent residence so in my work permit the occupation is "Live-in Caregiver for Person with disability'' but the Remarks which in the bottom part of my work permit says "Not under LCP" what does it means? can anyone help me since my work permit expires in 5 months?
That means you are not under the LiveIn Caregiver Program. You can apply for PR using the New Pathway for Caregivers

RMAvelino

Mar 17, 2018
So my work permit will expire in 5 months should i apply for extension of my work permit first before applying open work permit and permanent residence?

Amii

Mar 19, 2018
Hello guys , I would like to ask you did I need to police clearance for canada as I am here for last 7 years and if yes then how long before I can do ? I am gonna apply under highly medical needs in June end 2018. Your answer would be really appreciated.

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and is also in the beginning months of working as a child caregiver. I would like to ask for your opinion or experience regarding my case.

I graduated nursing in the Philippines last 2015 (note: I don't have any work experience prior to my move in Canada) then came here in Canada in 2017 as an international student. I took Gerontology nursing (basically branch of nursing that caters with the elderly population) for 1 year and received my post graduate work permit last November 2017. Now, I started working as a child caregiver since January and my employer will be giving me LMIA work permit after my PGWP expires in November 2018. So my question is, in the future, let's say when I apply for PR, will I be eligible for caring for children pathway (I know they said it's closing but still hoping that they will open it again after the review of the pathway)? I'm worried because I don't really have an experience as a childcare provider but as part of my nursing background, I did complete trainings for taking care of children and basically all lifespan. Also, since I entered Canada as a student and studied a specific branch of Nursing (which is care for the elderly) I'm afraid that it might cause a problem when I apply for PR in the future.

I hope you can give me a piece of advice regarding this. Thanks!
yes, you are eligible to apply PR on Caring for children pathway.

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Hello guys , I would like to ask you did I need to police clearance for canada as I am here for last 7 years and if yes then how long before I can do ? I am gonna apply under highly medical needs in June end 2018. Your answer would be really appreciated.
I applied under LCP, but I didn't submit any canadian police clearance. they didn't ask for it as well when processing is on going. but if you want to get one, you can.