+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

TBR

Apr 28, 2017
Hi, everyone

Does anybody know anything about the educational requirements for the Caring For Children Pathway?
Did anyone apply with a Certificate from a college in Canada? I want to know how many credits the program needs in order to be considered a "1 year post-secondary credential".

Thank you!

theresazxl

Mar 16, 2016
Rhythms123 said:
Hi
Thanks for asking. Everything is going well so far. I was just little worried when they took long time to contact me from immigration office for interview but that was because they were planning to come out to northern BC for few days. Now everything is fine and completed.
My time lines are:-
received application January 17, 2017.
Started processing January 24, 2017.
Eligibility letter Feb 13, 2017
Decision made March 02 ,2017
Final interview email April 18, 2017
congrats!! my application was started processing on May 2, 2017, waiting anxiously.
What is the eligibility letter by the way??

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Rhythms123 said:
Hi
Thanks for asking. Everything is going well so far. I was just little worried when they took long time to contact me from immigration office for interview but that was because they were planning to come out to northern BC for few days. Now everything is fine and completed.
My time lines are:-
received application January 17, 2017.
Started processing January 24, 2017.
Eligibility letter Feb 13, 2017
Decision made March 02 ,2017
Final interview email April 18, 2017
when and how you pay permanent residency fee?

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
hi any update for 2017 application under caring for children?..thank u
App recvd on the 12th Apr
Processing started on the 19th Apr
AOR recvd on the 20th Apr
Final decision letter recvd on the 2nd May
Letter stating my local cic office will get in touch with me through email for interview date

johnbev123

May 12, 2017
Letter stating my local cic office will get in touch with me through email for interview date

I have question which stream is it because I had applied in high medical needs is it children or adult

johnbev123

May 12, 2017
I am really worried now my work permit is about to expire on June 19 I have applied and now I am waiting for the response I really need your prayers at his moment

Singh guru

May 23, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have completed full time work in a nursing home as a psw. can i apply for permanent residence in the category of caring for people with high medical needs. if someone applied by himself/herself , can they tell me how to process through the application.

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
So, here's where i am currently with my application
Email for COPR interview recvd on the 17th may
interview scheduled for 24th may
Thank you Jesus,God is faithful
For those still waiting in line, i pray your approval come quick and on time

Last edited:

johnbev123

May 12, 2017
hello friends need advice the vegrville office has asked for birth certificate need to be translated and sent back in but still they said that my files are still inque what does that mean I have no idea please need advice
so I need to get my birth certificate translated and attested in Edmonton

floreskrish

Jun 13, 2017
Hi, I am an In home caregiver, under the new program (caring for children). I came here, Feb. 2, 2016 and my permit will expire, Feb 2, 2018. My employer decided to start my employment date on Feb. 17, 2016 and the first 2 weeks as my training(not paid). Now my concerns are:

1. Application for PR requires 2 yrs of full time work as a caregiver. Am i still qualified for the requirement given that i had my 2 weeks training?
2. I am only lacking 2 weeks for the requirement, do i still need to extend my work permit? My employer needs to apply for a new LMIA if ever.
3. If I can still apply for PR, can i just apply to change my status as a visitor so that i can extend my stay here in canada and apply for my PR after Feb. 2, 2018?

Please advise. Thanks

pinoyRN16

Aug 13, 2017
Hello. I am planning to take PSW in centennial college. The duration of the program is 1 yr.

Will I still get a PGWP?
Is PSW program qualified for
Caring for people with high medical needs?
Thank you

Aug 23, 2017
Hi. I just want to be enlighten.. under the caring for children pathway you need 24 months of expirience right within 48 months. Does that means, you can only apply for a PR after 48 months or 4 years of your stay in Canada?

Thanks in advance for your answers!