+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

blackcat82

Sep 11, 2015
Hi. i have a quick question about the ECA. i have an australian diploma from Tafe. Does ICAS assess vocational training? none of the other approved agencies do this as per their websites, but ICAS does not mention this. just wondered if anyone had any experience with trying to get a vocational diploma assessed for this pathway.

Claiiire

Aug 30, 2017
Hello. I am planning to take PSW in centennial college. The duration of the program is 1 yr.

Will I still get a PGWP?
Is PSW program qualified for
Caring for people with high medical needs?
Thank you
Hi. I have the same question.

Are you applying for winter 2018 intake?

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Its good that you have chosen a proper community college. There course are very thorough. Not like some of these 6months quick course.

I went to George Brown College and went into caring for Elderly. And it worked out well. Its a recognized college and will not run you in any problems with immigration further down the line

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hi. I have the same question.

Are you applying for winter 2018 intake?
Just keep praying. After your studies you will get a 1 year postgrad work permit. So please ensure that the employer you find is willing to do the sponsorship or LMIA because you would require another 1 year to complete your 24 months.

Just ask God to go before you and thungs will work out. Good luck with your PSW course!!!!

Singh guru

May 23, 2017
Hi everyone, Actually i am going to apply for my permanent residency under caring for people with high medical needs, i work in a long term care facility as a Personal Support Worker.Can anyone tell me that which NOC Code does perfectly fit for my position. There are two of 4412 and 3413

mashmae

Oct 11, 2017
Hi! I’m a newbie here but been following the thread months ago. I just would like to seek advice regarding my case. I am working as LIC and will be able to comply my 2 year fulltime work requirement in July next year. Being told that the fastest way to be a permanent resident is through the new pathway so I’m planning to apply through it. As I am working with children I know I have to apply through the caring for children pathway. The thing is, with the Caring for persons with high medical needs includes NOC 4412 attendant for persons with disabilities at home, and I am working for a family who has children with disability. Will I be able to qualify for the caring for persons with high medical needs (though my work permit is under LIC)? I would want to apply through this pathway (because they said it’s faster than the caring for children) or just through caring for children. I hope someone could help me. Though I have way to go through my contract as LIC, I just want to be prepared. Have a wonderful day everyone!

nmverma88

Oct 3, 2017
URGENT HELP AND REQUEST FOR THE INFORMATION:

A LICP who entered Canada before Nov 2014, can still apply under new pathway or has to apply under old LICP?
Is it still possible to get an open work permit in the new pathway PR application similar to in the LICP PR application

Sheyjimenez

Oct 24, 2017
Hi! I will submit my pr application under the new pathway caring for children class soon. In the reference letter from the employer how did you show the weekly hours, benefits and annual salary? Thank you

jrb

Nov 17, 2017
hi i need help i new in this board. my question is im in philippines and i graduated 2yr associate hotel and restaurant with 91 units, and i already take a 6mos caregiving program, i want to know if i qualify as post secondary of atleast 1yr in canada ? or should i go back to school to take another yr. if i, im planning to take 1yr and 1 another sem of BS ECE total of 75units. because the requirements for PR is mandatory “post secondary if atleast 1yr” thank you guys in advance,

hazel13

Nov 15, 2017
Anyone here
You're qualified to apply for a pr under the live in caregiver program and not eligible for the new pathway.
Sure you can study for more than 6 months but you will need a study permit. As per CIC, remember that you are in Canada to work as a full-time live-in caregiver.
I've been following this thread a month ago hoping to get some infos base on others experiences. But I still have some questions regarding on how to study while working as a live-in caregiver which i couldn't find answers. It's impossible for me to apply for pr because im only a 2years graduate in college.
1. Are there schools who offers late afternoon to evening class for live in caregivers who wants to take 1year program/course?
2. What are the programs/courses that are acceptable for applying pr?
3. Do i need my employer's consent about this and how to get a study permit?
4. What are the steps i need to do?

Can anyone help? Thanks a lot.

jrb

Nov 17, 2017
so if im not eligible for the new pathway because of my 2yrs assoc in college and 6mos caregiving , its possible to qualify in the new pathway if i study 1yr as a first year engring ?

chotemiya3

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Its good that you have chosen a proper community college. There course are very thorough. Not like some of these 6months quick course.

I went to George Brown College and went into caring for Elderly. And it worked out well. Its a recognized college and will not run you in any problems with immigration further down the line
Hi,
I have a question regarding the education requirement for the PR application, my friend is looking to work as a caregiver in Canada under one of the two tracks, however she does not have a degree as she left the course halfway. As a result, she has complete up to high school which is 10 years for the Philippines education system.
1.As such can she be qualified to get a work permit to work as a caregiver in Canada? She does have up to 5 years working experience as a caregiver in another country.
2. For application for Canadian PR after two years working in Canada as a caregiver under one of the two pathways, she needs minimum a post secondary certificate of one year. I have looked at the PSW courses in the community college and i see that it is full time and you would to have to enroll into the course as an international student i believe and the course fee is really high. Did you pay for the course by hand or is there any financial help that can be applied for?

Looking forward to your advise and replies, it would help a great deal. Thank you.