Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
So long they do not make gun ownership a right, I am all in for living here -- provided they approve me in the first place.
To be frank, gun ownership never bothered me. For instance, I am living in Detroit one of the worst crime ridden cities in America. But I wouldn’t live in Detroit for a long time. I would move to more liberal cities like Seattle. Seattle has a lot of lonely people who will turn into psycho killers so that’s something to think about otherwise Seattle is this ideal destination for me.

Rkb94

Jul 22, 2021
California best place to live .LA is the most horrible city in US with crazy high taxes.SF a chipotle costs 11$ which is 7.5 in Houston, affording a home yeah good luck with that.
The landscape is amazing but to live there NO.
You can afford a house, it really depends where do you want to live. My brother lives in Sacramento and has bought a house. Prices are increasing but it’s not as crazy as in SF or LA. Weather is a big plus.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
To be frank, gun ownership never bothered me. For instance, I am living in Detroit one of the worst crime ridden cities in America. But I wouldn’t live in Detroit for a long time. I would move to more liberal cities like Seattle. Seattle has a lot of lonely people who will turn into psycho killers so that’s something to think about otherwise Seattle is this ideal destination for me.
I prefer Cotswolds, England to any other place in this world to live except for occasional moody drizzles which is way worse in Central London.
Fosse Way, Cheltenham GL54 3JH, United Kingdom. https://goo.gl/maps/GHD9WTwEA47YiYLU9
And New Brunswick in Canada to live

Reactions: RSub

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
How Canada uses personal information collected at the border on immigration applications
The Entry/Exit program allows Canadian border services to communicate traveller information with Immigration Canada. IRCC expects overstay indicators for temporary residents will begin appearing in Entry/Exit search results in November 2022, once enough air carriers are on-boarded.

Since February 2019, the Entry/Exit Program has allowed the Canadian border to collect basic traveller information and share it with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

IRCC uses the information to verify residency requirements for applications for permanent residence, work permits, study permits, and Canadian citizenship applications. Some programs require applicants to be in Canada for a certain number of days. For example, in order to apply for citizenship, permanent residents need to have been physically present in Canada for 1,095 days out of the five years prior to the date of their application.

With the Entry/Exit Program, IRCC can inquire about traveller information from the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) via the Global Case Management System (GCMS), which is the system IRCC uses to process immigration applications.

What information is available
For now, the Entry/Exit program is only open to travellers to come to Canada by land and air. It is not yet available for marine and rail travel to Canada. The information that IRCC can access through the Entry/Exit program includes:
  • given and family names
  • aliases
  • date of birth
  • country of citizenship
  • passport details
  • date of entry/exit
CBSA stores the information in the GCMS, which IRCC can use as needed to administer the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), the Citizenship Act, and the Canadian Passport Order.

How IRCC uses Entry/Exit data
According to the government website, IRCC can use Entry/Exit data to:
  • verify residency requirements in support of applications for grants of citizenship (CIT) or permanent resident cards;
  • verify if a temporary residence applicant may have previously overstayed their allowable period of admission in Canada;
  • assist in an investigation of an individual’s entitlement to a Canadian travel document;
  • verify that sponsors are residing in Canada;
  • verify the residency of spouses and partners under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class;
  • verify whether or not a refugee claimant entered Canada using their travel documents; and
  • support investigations of possible fraud in relation to immigration, citizenship, and passport/travel document programs.
IRCC does not need client consent in order to query traveller entry and exit information. They are allowed to access the information if it is relevant to an IRCC officer’s decision in relation to a specific program. Only IRCC roles that make decisions on applications can access Entry/Exit information in the GCMA.

IRCC officers are not allowed to disclose entry and exit information unless it is necessary to administer the IRPA and is covered under an information-sharing agreement. Any disclosure not covered under a memorandum of understanding or other information-sharing agreement must be governed by CBSA.

As CBSA is the owner of the data, all authorized CBSA employees have access to it.

Travellers can request a copy of their personal travel history through an access to information request under the Privacy Act. To request a correction, travellers can contact the CBSA.

Temporary residence applications
IRCC can request Entry/Exit information for the following application types:
The Entry/Exit data can be used to check whether a foreign national has previously exceeded their authorized period of stay in Canada. The government calls this “overstay monitoring.” It begins when a traveller enters Canada and ends upon their exit. If the applicant has overstayed their visit, an “overstay indicator” will appear as a checked box in the GCMS once queried.

IRCC expects overstay indicators for temporary residents will begin appearing in Entry/Exit search results in November 2022, once a sufficient number of air carriers are on-boarded.

Permanent residence applications
Entry/Exit information is available to IRCC for the following permanent residence application types:
The data can be used to outline the periods of time spent in and outside Canada, and will allow IRCC to see if residence has been maintained. In addition to residency requirements, IRCC may make an Entry/Exit query to investigate misrepresentation, or revocation of Canadian documents.

For family sponsorship applications, Entry/Exit data can be used to determine if a sponsor is residing in Canada.

Citizenship applications
Exit/Exit data can be used in citizenship applications to:
  • verify compliance with physical presence requirements for grants of citizenship;
  • assist in the verification of other requirements, such as, flagging of potential loss of permanent resident status, the need for applicants to submit foreign police certificates, or misrepresentation;
  • verify compliance with physical presence requirements for resumption of citizenship; and
  • assist in cases of revocation of Canadian citizenship.

Reactions: cef09 and RSub

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Uncivil society: Ottawa's vaccine protest could be a sign of things to come
One expert compares it to a political rally — the kind that fuels and funds political movements

Call it a protest. An occupation. A siege.

Whatever your word of choice, downtown Ottawa continues to be the site of a huge demonstration. Its participants, those in the trucks and in the streets, are issuing conflicting demands, ranging from calls for the Trudeau government to capitulate on the vaccine mandate for cross-border truckers to demands for an end to all pandemic restrictions everywhere in the country — whether they're a federal responsibility or not.

"I haven't taken any vaccination or any medicine, not even a Tylenol, not even a cough syrup, not even aspirin, not even a Pepto-Bismol, nothing," said Maninder Singh, a truck driver at the protest who told CBC he's now unemployed.

"And today, someone is telling me to take something. That's a violation of my beliefs."

For city residents who've endured a full week of this now — the blocked roads, the constant cacophony of airhorns day and night, the verbal abuse from some people who refuse to leave — one of the biggest concerns is how authorities let it come to this state.
"This is an unprecedented and a new set of circumstances," Ottawa Police Chief Peter Sloly told a Friday news conference called to announce a new "surge and contain" strategy. Police say they're putting more officers on the street with strict orders to enforce a wider exclusion zone around Parliament Hill and to prevent crime.

Sloly described the protest as a well-funded, well-organized movement that includes multiple command posts — in Ottawa, across the country and even overseas — that finally compelled his force to adjust, one week after the protest started.

"We are literally learning lessons every day," he said.

One of those lessons-learned is that this protest is so big and so scary, police aren't even confident it could be controlled if they tried to break it up.

With protests still going strong in Ottawa, former city police chief Charles Bordeleau explains the reasons behind the police response earlier this week, then professors Michael Kempa and Kathleen Rodgers discuss what it might tell us about the future of protests in Canada. 25:01
A 'textbook' approach that failed
University of Ottawa criminology professor Michael Kempa is an expert on policing techniques. He joined CBC's The House this weekend for a panel discussion on how the Ottawa protest — now spreading to other cities — will shape both future demonstrations and how authorities respond to them.

"It came to this, largely, because this is the way that police agencies have been moving for the last 10 years," he said. "A strategy of containment and hoping the protests fizzle out enough that they can then be dealt with. So this has been very textbook."

But it didn't work.

"The problem is we've spent six days hiding, trying to pretend this isn't a confrontation and they're so far behind that we're going into another weekend where things will step up quite a bit," said Jeffrey Monaghan of Carleton University's Institute of Criminology and Criminal Justice.

The protest organizers haven't accomplished any of their goals either. Prime Minister Trudeau isn't bending on the vaccine mandates. Those in the crowd — some of whom have been spotted waving symbols of hate, such as swastikas — haven't forced him out of office.

Garbled messaging
Kathleen Rodgers is an associate professor at the University of the Fraser Valley in British Columbia. She told The House that the groups failed to present a coherent message to the public or to each other.

"And when you have that, it's much more difficult to develop a message that appeals to a very broad range of people," she said.

"And I think at this point, it's very confused. It's very clearly angry. But now we're in a holding pattern. And it's a waiting game to see what happens next in terms of what is now just a very well-funded occupation."

Kempa said he believes this protest is a sign of things to come. He compared it to political rallies intended to fire up disaffected people and get them to join a cause.

"Unite them, lather them up and also get access to their wallets where they can continue to raise funds that the organizers can direct towards political influence," he said. "This is a strategy to put together a coordinated political movement and back candidates in the long term."

A double-standard in policing
Many observers, such as environmental activist Molly Murphy, see a sharp contrast between the tolerance shown to the largely white protesters in Ottawa and the way police treat Indigenous and racialized groups.

Murphy was arrested twice for violating a court injunction against blocking a logging company from cutting down stands of old-growth forest at Fairy Creek in British Columbia.

Hundreds of protesters have been arrested there.

During her arrest, Murphy said, a Mountie bent her hand back violently even though she wasn't resisting. Others were thrown to the ground, she said, where officers kneeled on their backs.

"I'm seeing an obvious, blatantly obvious difference between the way enforcement is happening in relation to the trucker convoy and an attempt to prevent old growth logging on Vancouver Island," she told The House.

"I feel kind of sick to my stomach because of the way that I know that the RCMP have treated Indigenous people for trying to protect their lands and settler allies trying to protect forests and waterways."

Rodgers said she also sees merit in the argument that police are treating the Ottawa convoy more leniently.

"If these were people of colour that were … perceived to be so dangerous as this current convoy is, then the reaction by police would be different. I think that's a legitimate conversation to put on the table," she said.

"On the other hand, there are different circumstances. I'm not apologizing for reactions to the Fairy Creek protesters at all, but there are different circumstances where that reaction to, or that response to the protesters would have been easier to carry out than it is in downtown Ottawa."

Ottawa police now say that the stand-back approach in the capital is about to change. It's not a moment too soon for Ottawa Centre MP Yasir Naqvi, whose riding includes Parliament Hill and the adjacent Centretown neighbourhood.

"This is not a peaceful demonstration. It's an occupation," he told the Commons on Friday.

"Enough is enough. This needs to end now, so my community can live in peace again."

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Did you have a experience letter in IRCC standards which shows the pay,hours worked and duties because Ircc rarely asks for pay stubs especially for fsw .My 1st company was very small and they also pay me in cash but they gave me the right experience letter because me and them were in good terms.

In india most small companies which are small will pay you in cash .
first off, thank you so much for responding.

Yes, included everything. title, period of employment (Part time and full time chronologically ), duties and responsibilities (same for part and full time), number of hours (seperately for part and full time), compensation (separately for part and full time)
They haven't asked me for pay stubs, the case analyst only noted that pay stubs were not attached.

Did you claim points for your first company's experience? Once again, tysm.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
first off, thank you so much for responding.

Yes, included everything. title, period of employment (Part time and full time chronologically ), duties and responsibilities (same for part and full time), number of hours (seperately for part and full time), compensation (separately for part and full time)
They haven't asked me for pay stubs, the case analyst only noted that pay stubs were not attached.

Did you claim points for your first company's experience? Once again, tysm.
No need to worry if you complied with the requirements. Review Required doesn't necessarily mean anything alarming. It's just that it will take a little bit longer for your application to be finalized. Stop worrying about it too much, you are not the first person to get a RR on your file.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
How does living in a state of California (including the suburbs) compare to living in Canada. All my friends who have been to California have described it as paradise on earth. Perfect weather (I prefer warmer weather - yeah, I know the irony of trying to move to Canada), perfect terrain (suitable for all kinds of hobbies and activities), cost of living varies from place to place in California.

If I could move on any place on earth, I'd move there.
Judging by what I have heard about LA and SF, I will take BC any day over them. I am more of a cold climate person even though I was born in wet-tropical climate of Mumbai. The thing I hated most about Maharashtra and most of Indian south is it never gets cold enough to wear sweater. I liked that thing about delhi but then delhi has pollution like hell.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I have lived in Vancouver and Vancouver Island. Seattle have always been just a 2/3 hour drive or 20 minute sea-plane plane ride away. Many of my friends travel to Seattle almost everyday (at-least before pandemic). The number of times I have heard about gun violence and gun shots is astounding. As if the entire nation has gone crazy! There have been very few such incidences in Vancouver. Its like entire population of USA wants to live in some kind of Mad Max or Duke of Hazard kind of post apocalyptic world. Weird blokes!

D

Deleted member 994371

Judging by what I have heard about LA and SF, I will take BC any day over them. I am more of a cold climate person even though I was born in wet-tropical climate of Mumbai. The thing I hated most about Maharashtra and most of Indian south is it never gets cold enough to wear sweater. I liked that thing about delhi but then delhi has pollution like hell.

How about life if you move away from the cities and settle in a tier 2 city. That's what I like about countries like first-world countries. If your work doesn't restrict you, you can move to a non-metro city and your quality of life barely takes a hit.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
How about life if you move away from the cities and settle in a tier 2 city. That's what I like about countries like first-world countries. If your work doesn't restrict you, you can move to a non-metro city and your quality of life barely takes a hit.
Once (and if at all) I get PR, I will settle probably in Nanaimo. Take a remote job in Vancouver. You can reach downtown Vancouver in 20 minutes via helicopter if needed for meetings etc. Peaceful, scenic and not too big or too small. If land prices are too high by the time I got down to settling, I will take Calgary.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
the feel
there are some countryside roads where you barely see a human, or a youngster. A 10 Hectare farm with a small cottage at it's farthest end, So peaceful but creepy as hell too. if dead it might take a week or a month when someone notices if you are a solo guy with no close contacts with much friends.
Imagine someone with no facebook, linkedin and instagram. i do have IG but it's not connected with any friends, and no fb and no Linkedin