+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I gave it a thought. I think I am not gonna do re-meds now. I am getting married in 7 weeks. I prefer my COPR gets delayed so that I can add my spouse after marriage (in 8 weeks) and overcome this spousal sponsorship shitty 1 year processing time period. Me getting COPR before marriage and then sponsoring the spouse is gonna add so much time to this never ending process. But thanks to you, I was in a confusion for the past 1 month if I need to do remeds. Now got the clarity. Now, I will have to pray that my PPR gets delayed. OMG, I am just praying the opposite of many. What have you done Justin Fkin Trudeau?
I am not a lawyer, but as you are living in US you will understand what I am talking about. A ceremony doesn't mean marriage, marriage is when you both sign the document. No govt can say that you guys can't live together without getting married (some shit people in india will tell but if you don't give 2 fucks to them that is not an issue) .
What I meant is you can sign papers later but there is an issue in that also

If you are a hindu/atheist only this works because for Christians and muslims the marriage is done in front of a priest.

You can always register your marriage later for eg I can go and have a marriage ceremony with someone that doesn't mean I am married in US unless I sign papers in courthouse ,if that is the case all the marriages we see in movies should be real.that is not misrepresentation again the girl has to agree I think that is the biggest road block

Once again I am not a lawyer. But logically what I said is not wrong either.

Consult a lawyer or legal falcon may be able to help with this.because if you want to be done with ircc the best way is not make your application complex.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSub

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
IRCC agent told me a month ago. but I didn't remember to ask her about eligibility cus I called to check if they received my webform
In that case, you can't be sure that Eligibility is completed/passed unless you call and ask (or request for the notes). It's very possible for criminality and medical to be passed and eligibility not even started/in progress.

• Love
Reactions: BenMark

vinnn

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
where are the math pundits? pre covid forum was all about calculations about next draws, will love to see the same about backlogs :D

Reactions: dayocanny

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
I gave it a thought. I think I am not gonna do re-meds now. I am getting married in 7 weeks. I prefer my COPR gets delayed so that I can add my spouse after marriage (in 8 weeks) and overcome this spousal sponsorship shitty 1 year processing time period. Me getting COPR before marriage and then sponsoring the spouse is gonna add so much time to this never ending process. But thanks to you, I was in a confusion for the past 1 month if I need to do remeds. Now got the clarity. Now, I will have to pray that my PPR gets delayed. OMG, I am just praying the opposite of many. What have you done Justin Fkin Trudeau?
Don't they automatically extend medicals for US residents? They did it once for me so far but I've seen people mentioning double extensions.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I am not a lawyer, but as you are living in US you will understand what I am talking about. A ceremony doesn't mean marriage, marriage is when you both sign the document. No govt can say that you guys can't live together without getting married (some shit people in india will tell but if you don't give 2 fucks to them that is not an issue) .
What I meant is you can sign papers later but there is an issue in that also

If you are a hindu/atheist only this works because for Christians and muslims the marriage is done in front of a priest.

You can always register your marriage later for eg I can go and have a marriage ceremony with someone that doesn't mean I am married in US unless I sign papers in courthouse ,if that is the case all the marriages we see in movies should be real.that is not misrepresentation again the girl has to agree I think that is the biggest road block

Once again I am not a lawyer. But logically what I said is not wrong either.
I'm not quite sure how this helps his case :) . He really wants to get married to the sweet girl, and it's best he does that prior to getting PPR because if he marries post PPR he is looking at at least 2 years processing time to sponsor her for PR.

Reactions: RSub

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
2 years???I don't think anyone want to deal with IRCC for another year that is what I meant. If it is 2 years yeah then it is better to get married and add her.
I know SF said he intends to reduce processing time for Family class PR applications, but no one really knows what that means. If it can be done prior to PPR (which might be an additional 4 - 6 months on top of time already spent waiting), I think that will be his best bet.

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
I know SF said he intends to reduce processing time for Family class PR applications, but no one really knows what that means. If it can be done prior to PPR (which might be an additional 4 - 6 months on top of time already spent waiting), I think that will be his best bet.
So FSW is not included in his plan?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
So FSW is not included in his plan?
He kinda insinuated that they have plans to continue with FSW in some capacity in the near future, but the infographic flyer he tweeted specifically talked about ensuring PR apps for family class and CECs are processed within the average 6 months standard.

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
He kinda insinuated that they have plans to continue with FSW in some capacity in the near future, but the infographic flyer he tweeted specifically talked about ensuring PR apps for family class and CECs are processed within the average 6 months standard.
well guess we won’t be able to land this year then. XXXX