+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
I understand your situation Maverick,

I have the same issue as my application was received on Feb 20. I call CIC and they told me just wait and you will receive AOR. They even did not tell me that whether my application is received or not. Not sure what are the basis of issuing AOR as most of the March applicants received AOR.

Any advise regarding on which basis the AOR is issued.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR RECIEVED IN EMAIL FOR EVERY ONE TODAY :

That was quick and let us hope that they maintain same speed through the process.What is the next step and after how long ?

Here are my timelines.

Application received by CIC March 13,2015

AOR received in email March 28.2015

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simp said:
AOR RECIEVED IN EMAIL FOR EVERY ONE TODAY :

That was quick and let us hope that they maintain same speed through the process.What is the next step and after how long ?

Here are my timelines.

Application received by CIC March 13,2015

AOR received in email March 28.2015
You might want to share your timeline on the March applicants' thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/march-2015-citizenship-applicants-t272287.0.html

and include it in March 2015 tracking sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bptQ8xxhXK6k_jBuZDbsjevjo0peXCbKRaftFZa2KQo/edit#gid=0

suncouver

Mar 28, 2015
Hello,

I received an email with AOR from CIC ten days ago, but I'm unable to check my file's status online (ecas not activated). Is this normal? How long does it usually take for ecas to be activated?

Thanks!

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suncouver said:
Hello,

I received an email with AOR from CIC ten days ago, but I'm unable to check my file's status online (ecas not activated). Is this normal? How long does it usually take for ecas to be activated?

Thanks!
It usually takes 3 to 4 days to have your ecas activated after having received your AOR. How are you logging in to your ecas ? The best method is using your Client ID (8 digits), you should have it on your AOR, on your PR card, IMM5292,... then you provide your family name with exact orthography, date of birth and country of birth.

Please try again with this information before calling CIC.

csqmjj

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo , Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
it seems like no ecas changes recently, maybe the ecas system was not updated since few days ( or about 2 weeks )

lcl2004

Feb 4, 2015
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 2, 2015.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 6, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 17, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Winnipeg office on March 26, 2015. The Winnipeg office will contact you.

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Today is the 11th Business days since CIC has received my application. So for the status hasn't been changed to In Progress. Looking at the data in excel sheet updated by members on this thread, I think that average time to move the application from Received to In Progress is around 17 days.

Based on this, hopefully my application will be in In Progress by end of next week.

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
What should be the strategy now for the Feb applicants who has not yet received AOR. Even by calling CIC is not working. It is realy a big tension now and we not sure where our applications are? Any idea??

kalvin25

Mar 31, 2015
Hi!
I just like to share my timeline.

Send: Feb 13
Received: Feb 20
AOR: Mar 17
ECas activated: Mar 20
In Process: Mar 27

I think they are speeding up a bit.

Farad2015

Mar 30, 2015
I like to share my timeline

App sent dec 22 2014
App recv 5 jan 2015
App return jan 2015
App resent 19 feb 2015
App recv 23 feb 2015
AOR recv 23 March 2015
I just want to know what is the next step after i received my AOR latter and
I chick my online status says start process march 24

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
I got my AOR on March 17, ECAS activated a few days later, still waiting for being In process. :(

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Well I ordered an ATIP on my file I was interested in trying to understand the process as best as I could. So as of now unfortunately my file remains untouched. Based on the ATIP entries when your file goes into In Process there are 5 categories they will check :

1) Residence
2) Language
3) Prohibition
4) Security: [This portion is done by CSIS and RCMP]
5) Criminality : [This portion is done by CSIS and RCMP]

Residence and Language are self explanatory , prohibitions are the questions they ask when you fill out the form for example :

Are you now or have you ever been in the last four (4) years on probation?

etc. Based on all this the biggest time then would definitely be Security and Criminality checks while the other three categories are more verification if what you entered with ther application correct or not or at least what I would envision.

The last few entries were interesting it mentions my file has been re-assigned to a CO (Case Officer) base don their initials with a due date of 24th April 2015. So hopefully the CO's case load is not too heavy and in the next 2 to 3 weeks or so I should go into 'In Process' and the checks can begin so I am looking at almost May for a hope of File Transfer for now. Fingers crossed :)

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samreentariq said:
Well I ordered an ATIP on my file I was interested in trying to understand the process as best as I could. So as of now unfortunately my file remains untouched. Based on the ATIP entries when your file goes into In Process there are 5 categories they will check :

1) Residence
2) Language
3) Prohibition
4) Security: [This portion is done by CSIS and RCMP]
5) Criminality : [This portion is done by CSIS and RCMP]

Residence and Language are self explanatory , prohibitions are the questions they ask when you fill out the form for example :

Are you now or have you ever been in the last four (4) years on probation?

etc. Based on all this the biggest time then would definitely be Security and Criminality checks while the other three categories are more verification if what you entered with ther application correct or not or at least what I would envision.

The last few entries were interesting it mentions my file has been re-assigned to a CO (Case Officer) base don their initials with a due date of 24th April 2015. So hopefully the CO's case load is not too heavy and in the next 2 to 3 weeks or so I should go into 'In Process' and the checks can begin so I am looking at almost May for a hope of File Transfer for now. Fingers crossed :)
How do you order ATIP and how long until you receive it ? Do you receive it by mail or what ?