+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent in my application package for 1 adult and 2 minors today through Canada Post's Express Post. Thanks to advice from forum members, I hope to have put together a complete application package. Documents restricted to just what's been asked, though.

Special attention to signatures, matching dates and ALL passports used in the previous 4 years. Not to mention name on the back of the photographs. Common factors easily forgotten.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth sail.

Anybody else joining the list today?

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Feb 15 applicants

Hi I am sending mine Mid-Feb. I become eligible on the 7th :)

Would I need any buffer days since I never traveled the whole time?

Thanks!

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I have 1128 days physical presence, but I travelled 4 times during the period. Also, my days of physical presence start mid August 2011.

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi Aspat

Good luck for your application.

What you includes in a package. Any T4s, employment letters etc or just info required per annexure at the end. I am eligible on 9th and will send some where around Feb 15. Do you send pics in an envelope of staple to applications? Do we need to answer yes for sending info to election Canada or this is optional. Furthermore how you pay fee, online or through draft etc

Passion

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passion2015 said:
Hi Aspat

What you includes in a package. Any T4s, employment letters etc or just info required per annexure at the end. I am eligible on 9th and will send some where around Feb 15. Do you send pics in an envelope of staple to applications? Do we need to answer yes for sending info to election Canada or this is optional. Furthermore how you pay fee, online or through draft etc

Passion
Thanks.

I'm a homemaker so nothing related to employment. I put the pictures in an envelope. You are not supposed to staple or glue the pictures. Paid the fees online. Easiest way to pay.

Clipped the application and all the documents with a large clip. Separate folders for each of us. Put them all in a larger pastic folder. Sent the package in the large envelope sold by Canada Post.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ScubaC said:
Hi I am sending mine Mid-Feb. I become eligible on the 7th :)

Would I need any buffer days since I never traveled the whole time?

Thanks!
Better to wait a few days after qualifying, just in case.

pelipeli2

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends, My documents are ready, just have to get my photo taken this week and pay the fees online next week and I'm all set.

Signing my application on Feb 16, 2015 and sending off the application on Feb 17.

Just a few questions:
For the photos, the requirement "Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos", this can be handwritten right?

pelipeli2

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passion2015 said:
Hi Aspat

Passion
We need to send T4's or employment stuff? Did I miss something on the document checklist?

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli2 said:
We need to send T4's or employment stuff? Did I miss something on the document checklist?
T4's are not required. Employment letter is optional. Just stick to the checklist.

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I sent the package, with the following documents:

Myself

- Application Form
- Online Residence Calculator (Don't Forget to Sign - a very common mistake applicants do)
- Checklist
- Landing paper
- PR Card (Copy of Both Sides)
- Driving License (Copy of Both Sides)
- Health Card (Copy of Both Sides)
- Passport copies (old & new)
- IELTS (Language Proof)
- Diploma from School of Continuing Studies, UofT
- Letter from current Employer
- Photos (Don't Forget to put your name at the back - a very common mistake applicants do)
- Fee Receipt

My Wife

- Application Form
- Online Residence Calculator (Don't Forget to Sign - a very common mistake applicants do)
- Checklist
- Landing paper
- Ontario ID Card (Copy of Both Sides)
- Passport copy
- Transcripts of Masters program at UofT (Education + Language)
- Photos (Don't Forget to put your name at the back - a very common mistake applicants do)
- Copy of Receipt of Payment

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli2 said:
Hi friends, My documents are ready, just have to get my photo taken this week and pay the fees online next week and I'm all set.

Signing my application on Feb 16, 2015 and sending off the application on Feb 17.

Just a few questions:
For the photos, the requirement "Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos", this can be handwritten right?
I took the pictures in Costco. They stamped both their details and the date for me. I just wrote the name.

Good luck on your application!

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HeisenbergCanada said:
Today I sent the package, with the following documents:

Myself

- Application Form
- Checklist
- Landing paper
- Driving License (Copy of Both Sides)
- Passport copies (old & new)
- IELTS (Language Proof)
- Diploma from School of Continuing Studies, UofT
- Letter from current Employer
- Fee Receipt

My Wife

- Application Form
- Checklist
- Landing paper
- Ontario ID Card (Copy of Both Sides)
- Passport copy
- Transcripts of Masters program at UofT (Education + Language)
- Copy of Receipt of Payment
Sent similar documents to yours excluding the employment/education records. For language proficiency though, I sent my PG degree, mark sheets and a letter from the university stating that medium of instruction is English.

Good luck to you and your wife.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To share some more details,

I've applied from Mississauga. What about the others on this thread?

pelipeli2

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aspat said:
Sent similar documents to yours excluding the employment/education records. For language proficiency though, I sent my PG degree, mark sheets and a letter from the university stating that medium of instruction is English.

Good luck to you and your wife.
I will also be sending my diploma and transcript and certificate of graduation from my college in the Philippines, all in English. (BS Accountancy)
I don't have a letter stating that the medium of instruction is in English though. I've been reading around and got different responses, some saying they had no problems with this language proof, some say they had theirs returned. I guess it depends on the officer reviewing the application. I hope mine gets accepted ! ::)

pelipeli2

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aspat said:
To share some more details,

I've applied from Mississauga. What about the others on this thread?
Calgary, AB