+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
hi raj,
thanks a lot for your guidance :)

regarding your previous reply:
-- and I also realize that the residential countries usually doesn't give stamps...so that add a lot efforts to dig out past 10 years travel history for both myself and spouse.... really worry if missed anything..as sometimes travel got amended or cancelled....

This is why it is always best to keep a spreadsheet to track your international travel (and save boarding passes as well) .

Just look through your emails to see if you are able to find the itenenaries for all travel within the past 10 years. If you don't know the exact dates, write an approximate date and explain this in a LOE.

Questions about travel history:
1. do I also need to provide transit cities
2. how about travel details in multiple countries in Europe? Like in Europe, there is only a stamp for the 1st country when getting in.... like I might entered a country with a stamp on my passport, and in a few hours, I travelled to next country....

next Question:
1. How about dual residences? Or should I enter the major one?

thx :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hi raj,
thanks a lot for your guidance :)

regarding your previous reply:
-- and I also realize that the residential countries usually doesn't give stamps...so that add a lot efforts to dig out past 10 years travel history for both myself and spouse.... really worry if missed anything..as sometimes travel got amended or cancelled....

This is why it is always best to keep a spreadsheet to track your international travel (and save boarding passes as well) .

Just look through your emails to see if you are able to find the itenenaries for all travel within the past 10 years. If you don't know the exact dates, write an approximate date and explain this in a LOE.

Questions about travel history:
1. do I also need to provide transit cities

This is not required AFAIK.

2. how about travel details in multiple countries in Europe? Like in Europe, there is only a stamp for the 1st country when getting in.... like I might entered a country with a stamp on my passport, and in a few hours, I travelled to next country....

Well, in the travel history section, try to provide as much detailed information as you can.

next Question:
1. How about dual residences? Or should I enter the major one?

Yeah, provide the address of your primary residence. I'm assuming you are asking this for your address history section.

thx :)

Last edited:

vbhar1

Jul 15, 2018
Hi Team,

Can you please help me with the below queries:
1) i have a account with HDFC bank and they are not issuing a letter that says that i do not have any loans/debts with the bank, is this letter mandatory? any alternative for the same like CIBIL report etc?
2) I have a sibling living in canada, can his phone bill that comes by post be used as a address proof? the address on the resident card is his previous one.
3) do i put ielts result and wes repost in educational documents section?
4) I got a digital photo from the photgrapher, do i need to scan a stamped physical copy or is the digital photo sufficient?
5) one of my employers were not issuing a reference letter, so i got it from a collegue, i have the mail from the company that says they donot issue such letters-where can i upload this mail? also how many paystubs do i need to include?
Really appreciate your help, thank you!

Abi info89

Feb 17, 2019
Hi
Looking forward for EE.
Ive done distance learning from uk uni which is 1 year full time BA hon..
Before that ive done level 5 diploma one year ... ive done A levels before that i think this doesnt count..
So how many will i get in this ..thansl

Zazi077

Feb 13, 2019
Thank you so much for taking your time and replying.
-Another question is if I graduated here and I have the copy of transcript from the college can I attach the copy of it or I need to request my school to send it directly to immigration all office.
- and regarding the police background check. Can I request it now while I am trying to collect the documents. If it's ok if they send it to the embassy of my country ahead of time or how does it work? ( should i request it to send to Canadian embassy of my country or to consulate of my country in Canada?
Thank you so much

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Questions for the PR application:
1. May I know if I am required to scan all passport pages ?
2. Required PCC will be only showed after filling all information ?
3. For Spouse, working experience more than 10 years: do I need to put all working histories for spouse?
4. I received Ontario PNP pre-invite before I got my ITA...do I need to go to PNP application and decline it? ( haven't submit- just accept it.... )

Thanks a lot.
1. If you have stamps in pages, yes, you need to scan those pages + first and last pages of Passport.
2. You can request for IRCC for extension, they may extend 30 days.
3. If you are claiming points for Spouse Work Experience, then you are required.
4. Don't know.

Goodluck!

Dan

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Hi. I have a silly doubt regarding Country of Residence in my case. Please help.

Me and my wife are creating express entry profile with me as the Primary Applicant. I am an IT consultant working in a firm in Mumbai. I am currently working on a project on-site at Bangkok (I have a valid work permit here. I do not have a citizenship here). I am here in Bangkok since Feb 2018 and will be here till April/ May 2019. Post that I shall return back to Mumbai office. My wife (secondary applicant) was with me in Bangkok till December 2018 and has moved back to India for good ,recently . My CRS score is 464.

Now, I am creating the profile today and expecting to get an invitation in the next round.

So when we are creating the profile, in the Personal Details column, under Immigration history and citizenships section, they have asked for

Country of Citizenship (this is India for me) and
Country of Residence.

So my question is- is this asking the current country of residence(which will be Bangkok, Thailand in my case) or the country where I have citizenship for (which will be India for me)?

Please suggest what the right thing to put here- Bangkok, Thailand or India?

Thanks in advance.
Country of Residence in your case = Thailand.

Goodluck!

Dan

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
My score is coming to be 435
Education : Bachelors
Work Ex : 5+ Years
Unmarried
Ielts
L-8.5
R-7
S-7
W-7

I know it has to be around 440 or more to get an invite. Any leads what do I do would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Try to wait, CRS Scores look good this year. Or else, take your IELTS again and try to get good scores in Reading and Speaking, writing score is ok.

Goodluck!

Dan

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Hi,

we received ITA and we want to chose Ontario as the place to live, does my spouse need to have a bachelor degree too? or just the principal applier?

thank you.
If you are claiming points for your spouse based on the CRS score where she has received a Bachelor's Degree, then yes, you also need to get the ECA done. Otherwise, you don't need to.

Goodluck!

Dan

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
regarding medical checkup:
I read that UCI is not valid for 1st timer. Does it mean that I bring the ITA when doing the checkup? How do they link with my application?
If they only ask for the ITA, bring it. Or else, don't since your Passport will be linked to your Application, they will issue you letter which will be updated in the profile.

Goodluck!

Dan

Abi info89

Feb 17, 2019
Hi
Looking forward for EE.
Ive done distance learning from uk uni which is 1 year full time BA hon..
Before that ive done level 5 diploma one year ... ive done A levels before that i think this doesnt count..
So how many pointswill i get in this ..thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you so much for taking your time and replying.
-Another question is if I graduated here and I have the copy of transcript from the college can I attach the copy of it or I need to request my school to send it directly to immigration all office.

All documentation should be provided online. (i.e) Uploaded online by you along with your e-APR. In most cases, there is no physical documentation involved. You can upload your degree/diploma, ECA report and IELTS TRF in the education history section placeholder.

- and regarding the police background check. Can I request it now while I am trying to collect the documents. If it's ok if they send it to the embassy of my country ahead of time or how does it work? ( should i request it to send to Canadian embassy of my country or to consulate of my country in Canada?

Read the answer above .Documents ought to be submitted along with the application online. You have to get the PCC, scan it and submit it along with the application. And yeah, you can start the process of getting PCC now since you already have PCC.

Thank you so much