+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Th

Thanks for replying. .. I have checked and my NOC type is A and code is 4032...and the duties listed there i have done more than 70% of that and school can provide me reference letter ..
One more question... From last one year I am working as a home tutor... I don't that experience gonna count or not... The company under whom I am working right now can provide reference letter.. so do I need to get that or my 3 years and 8 months experience is enough.. Thanks in advance
4032 belongs to NOC category A. So you are good.

CRS points for foreign work experience maxes out at 3 years so you don't have to get anything more than that. So the 3 years and 8 months experience would be sufficient IMO. Just make sure your reference letter shows responsibilities that match the responsibilities listed under the NOC 4032.

Good luck .

abeerzsingh

Dec 23, 2018
Dear friends,
Hope all are in good spirits. I'm seeking your expertise in my case.

I'm applying for EE (PNP) with a low CRS score (393). Hence NOC code is very critical to expect the invite.

My spouse who'll play the secondary applicant has equal work experience as a Secondary School Teacher and an Office Administrator. Which NOC shall I select for her to maximise our chances to receive provincial invite?

Pardon my lack of knowledge and please be welcome to correct my understanding. Also to mention that we've tried every inch to make our CRS score move north but couldn't succeed.
Please can someone step in for help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Foreign work experience of the dependent usually doesn't count.

But if it did.....

Nobody can tell you which NOC to select except your spouse. You need to look at the responsibilities listed in the reference letter and choose a NOC that best matches it.

The Express entry program is NOC-neutral. However, some provinces send NOIs for a particular set of NOCs only. You should check the website of the program to see what NOCs they send invites to and possibly select one from that list which closely matches the work experience of spouse .

JUNEBERRIES

Oct 29, 2018
@rajkamalmohanram

Hello, I have submitted my EE application after getting ITA and have a concern.

When I went to ask for my diploma it had a major name spelling mistake, birth place was incorrect which made it super difficult to take my certificate since there was many mistakes but thank god I was able to get it and submit to WES.
to be honest it’s beyond me how WES was able to verify my certificate.
But now I’m afraid since in the EXpress Entry application they had asked for my certificate and transcripts not only WES result.. will they verify AGAIN from university? Then why did we go through the trouble of WES certificate???! Im trying to contact the university to make sure they corrected the info but they don’t answer (very unprofessional institution :(
Could this cause rejection... ?

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
Questions for the PR application:
1. May I know if I am required to scan all passport pages ?
2. Required PCC will be only showed after filling all information ?
3. For Spouse, working experience more than 10 years: do I need to put all working histories for spouse?
4. I received Ontario PNP pre-invite before I got my ITA...do I need to go to PNP application and decline it? ( haven't submit- just accept it.... )

Thanks a lot.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram

Hello, I have submitted my EE application after getting ITA and have a concern.

Well... You actually created an Express entry profile, got an ITA and then submitted your e-APR (Electronic Application for Permanent Residence).

When I went to ask for my diploma it had a major name spelling mistake, birth place was incorrect which made it super difficult to take my certificate since there was many mistakes but thank god I was able to get it and submit to WES.
to be honest it’s beyond me how WES was able to verify my certificate.
But now I’m afraid since in the EXpress Entry application they had asked for my certificate and transcripts not only WES result.. will they verify AGAIN from university? Then why did we go through the trouble of WES certificate???! Im trying to contact the university to make sure they corrected the info but they don’t answer (very unprofessional institution :(
Could this cause rejection... ?[

There is a miniscule but non-zero possiblity of this happening - but... usually, this doesn't happen. They just want to make sure you've submitted the proper documentation to them. As long as you have submitted documents that are not fake, you should be good to go. Just to be sure, just check with your institution to see if they have updated details on their end.

The reason why IRCC can do additional checks is because they have the authority to do so. They want to be sure that applicants submit genuine documents; however, if they see the need, they might check this information directly with the issuer (this is not just for education - applies to work experience claims and other things as well).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Questions for the PR application:
1. May I know if I am required to scan all passport pages ?

Only bio pages are actually required. However, I would recommend scanning all pages with a marking, stamp, visa. Empty pages are not required.

2. Required PCC will be only showed after filling all information ?

Well, you should already know which countries you need PCC for... But yeah, once you fill out all the information and get to the documents upload section, you might see it there.

3. For Spouse, working experience more than 10 years: do I need to put all working histories for spouse?

You don't have to put any foreign work experience of the dependent in the work history section because the spouse gets no points for foreign work experience. But you would mention all of that in the personal history section.

4. I received Ontario PNP pre-invite before I got my ITA...do I need to go to PNP application and decline it? ( haven't submit- just accept it.... )

Yes you have to decline it . The only purpose of nomination is to help you get an ITA. Since you already have one, you can go ahead and decline it. If you accept it, then you will have to go through the whole process of getting nominated and then getting the ITA; which is totally unnecessary and doesn't make any sense because you already have an ITA .

Thanks a lot.

Reactions: ppuu

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
hi many thanks for your prompt reply.
1. for passport: do you mean current one? or those I used in past 10 years ? so if I plan to submit my application in mid March 2019, then I should copy those pages mid March 2009-mid March 2019?
-- and I also realize that the residential countries usually doesn't give stamps...so that add a lot efforts to dig out past 10 years travel history for both myself and spouse.... really worry if missed anything..as sometimes travel got amended or cancelled....

2. yes, I am preparing past 10 years residents PCC- and some of them I checked on the website to apply after receiving the letter.... May I know how many days would be given to have these post-submission PCC?

3. spouse foreign are more than 10 years... so move all work history to personal history?... so ( we never worked in Canada ...)

4. just declined the Ontario PNP- thanks for the info.

Many thanks for the info....

rahul m

Nov 3, 2017
Dear All,

This is with regards to my reference letter which I received today from the HR.

I have an experience of 4.5 years in two different roles in this company in the same grade. I am claiming points for the 2nd role(i.e., for 3.5 years).

But however, in the letter the roles are not mentioned, only the grade, and the duties for both roles are put together in bullet points(without any timelines)

My joining and leaving date is mentioned. So, as per the letter, my experience for the 2nd role would be counted for 4.5 years.

So can I enter experience as 4.5 years for the 2nd role in EE profile? Would it be any misrepresentation?

Thanks in advance.

JUNEBERRIES

Oct 29, 2018
Okay, got it.
This means I’ll have to send someone directly to the university.
Hopefully they will have already saved the corrected information.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
1. for passport: do you mean current one? or those I used in past 10 years ? so if I plan to submit my application in mid March 2019, then I should copy those pages mid March 2009-mid March 2019?

All pages with stamps, markings or visas on your current passport.

-- and I also realize that the residential countries usually doesn't give stamps...so that add a lot efforts to dig out past 10 years travel history for both myself and spouse.... really worry if missed anything..as sometimes travel got amended or cancelled....

This is why it is always best to keep a spreadsheet to track your international travel (and save boarding passes as well) .

Just look through your emails to see if you are able to find the itenenaries for all travel within the past 10 years. If you don't know the exact dates, write an approximate date and explain this in a LOE.

2. yes, I am preparing past 10 years residents PCC- and some of them I checked on the website to apply after receiving the letter.... May I know how many days would be given to have these post-submission PCC?

This time provided is at the discretion of the officer but I've seen people receive enough time and extensions.

3. spouse foreign are more than 10 years... so move all work history to personal history?... so ( we never worked in Canada ...)

Yes.

Good!

vishalsh619

Feb 12, 2019
4032 belongs to NOC category A. So you are good.

CRS points for foreign work experience maxes out at 3 years so you don't have to get anything more than that. So the 3 years and 8 months experience would be sufficient IMO. Just make sure your reference letter shows responsibilities that match the responsibilities listed under the NOC 4032.

Good luck .
Thank you very much bro...

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018

for this PCC, is it to collect ONLY past 10 years courtiers stayed more than 6 months? Or should collect all PCC since 18 years old?

Hi I still have question about spouse work history- I think the info was linked to EE profile - so do I need to remove/update the EE profile? Then enter all spouse non-Canadian work experiences to spouse personal history? If I don't remove- what will happen?

gailsc83

Jan 12, 2019
Yeah, as long as you have 12 months of continuous work experience in one NOC in the past 10 years, you can club all other work experiences under an eligible NOC irrespective of the duration (could be more or less than 12 months).

You have to obtain a reference letter with responsibilities that match the responsibilities under the NOC that you choose.

Okay, thanks. I'm relieved about it.
Will it be detrimental to my chances if I update my submitted EE profile by changing the NOC?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

for this PCC, is it to collect ONLY past 10 years courtiers stayed more than 6 months? Or should collect all PCC since 18 years old?

Please go through the document checklist yourself to get a better understanding. It used to be 'from 18 years of age' but now, it says 'for the past 10 years'.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Hi I still have question about spouse work history- I think the info was linked to EE profile - so do I need to remove/update the EE profile? Then enter all spouse non-Canadian work experiences to spouse personal history? If I don't remove- what will happen?

You don't have to remove it in the EE profile; just from the work history section on your e-APR.

If you don't remove it, you will have to provide documentation for all of your spouse's work experience which I think is completely unnecessary and redundant but that's up to you; it's your application. Or, you can keep it there (for whatever reason) and upload a LOE on each of his work history place holders mentioning that you are not submitting a reference letter because you cannot claim points for his work experience.