+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rahul m

Nov 3, 2017
Hi everyone,

Regarding the proof of funds, would FD receipts(created before receiving an ITA) be accepted as POF?
My CRS score is 459 and I am going to submit the EE profile next week and before that I can arrange funds from my parents with a Gift Deed and creating an FD for the amount. Would this be fine?

Reactions: gailsc83

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hello all,

Canada Visa forum has always been helpful everytime in all the situations. :)

I got an invitation under CEC on 23rd Jan, 2019 and submitted all my documents under CEC on 1st Feb,2019 and got the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) on the same day itself.

I just had couple of queries so would appreciate if any of the members can put some light on it :

1. So I have submitted all my documents which was required under CEC with Upfront Medicals and PCC's however instead of reference letter from my current employer on the basis of which I have filed PR I have submitted letter of explanation that I am still working with the employer who inititally sponsored my work permit but cant ask for a reference as I am still working there and with it I have submitted APPOINTMENT LETTER which mentions my NOC code and all the job duties and also a statement in the appointment letter which says my employer is supporting my PR, 12 Months PAY SLIPS till date, T4, VISTING CARD, LMIA copy and WORK PERMIT Copy.
SO WILL THEY CONSIDER THIS?

2. Secondly, I am concerned about the duration of PR under CEC as I am flying to my home country in March for my wedding. So I am confused what should I do as my marital status will change then. I dont want to hide from CIC about my Marital Status however dont want to elongate or delay the PR procedure as I want to leave my Current job due to worst situation at work but cant change until I get my PR as I am on CLOSED WORK PERMIT. So as per my research and interaction with lot of experts they told me the day they send a COPR that is a Passport Request for stamping they mention to send the details in case if our marital status has changed so I just have to submit my marriage certificate and send my would to be wife's passport for stamping along with mine and it will be done.
IS IT SO?

* Also what is the timeline for CEC if I am in Canada on a closed work permit and single?
* And what if I tell CIC about my marital status in March before COPR then what is the timeline?

Please suggest what should I do, should I wait till I get a Passport request for PR stamping after background check or should I notify them about my Marital Status before Passport Request?

Experts please advise.

Your inputs on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Bunny!

Great Perhaps

Feb 7, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm a new member here. May I ask if anyone knows a Provincial Nomination that is active and open for aspiring immigrants with EE profile but with low points (318) like me? Thank you.:)

PrachiHMehta

Jan 6, 2019
Hi. I have a silly doubt regarding Country of Residence in my case. Please help.

Me and my wife are creating express entry profile with me as the Primary Applicant. I am an IT consultant working in a firm in Mumbai. I am currently working on a project on-site at Bangkok (I have a valid work permit here. I do not have a citizenship here). I am here in Bangkok since Feb 2018 and will be here till April/ May 2019. Post that I shall return back to Mumbai office. My wife (secondary applicant) was with me in Bangkok till December 2018 and has moved back to India for good ,recently . My CRS score is 464.

Now, I am creating the profile today and expecting to get an invitation in the next round.

So when we are creating the profile, in the Personal Details column, under Immigration history and citizenships section, they have asked for

Country of Citizenship (this is India for me) and
Country of Residence.

So my question is- is this asking the current country of residence(which will be Bangkok, Thailand in my case) or the country where I have citizenship for (which will be India for me)?

Please suggest what the right thing to put here- Bangkok, Thailand or India?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Hamadwitwicky

rhkhari

Jan 21, 2019
If you, the primary applicant, are creating your Express Entry profile now (before leaving Bangkok), then I guess your country of residence should be Thailand as you are still there

Hi. I have a silly doubt regarding Country of Residence in my case. Please help.

Me and my wife are creating express entry profile with me as the Primary Applicant. I am an IT consultant working in a firm in Mumbai. I am currently working on a project on-site at Bangkok (I have a valid work permit here. I do not have a citizenship here). I am here in Bangkok since Feb 2018 and will be here till April/ May 2019. Post that I shall return back to Mumbai office. My wife (secondary applicant) was with me in Bangkok till December 2018 and has moved back to India for good ,recently . My CRS score is 464.

Now, I am creating the profile today and expecting to get an invitation in the next round.

So when we are creating the profile, in the Personal Details column, under Immigration history and citizenships section, they have asked for

Country of Citizenship (this is India for me) and
Country of Residence.

So my question is- is this asking the current country of residence(which will be Bangkok, Thailand in my case) or the country where I have citizenship for (which will be India for me)?

Please suggest what the right thing to put here- Bangkok, Thailand or India?

Thanks in advance.

Heshamsoliman

Nov 22, 2015
Hi,

I worked for a start up from 2015 till beginning of 2017, however, it was incorporated, which is a public information, end of 2017, but on social media, e.g. facebook and Linkedin, the activities show it was operating at the time I was there. Is this ok or would the Canadian immigration not consider it as work experience as it was incorporated after I left? I already have a letter of employment stating I was working there. Thanks.

Kandarp36

Nov 30, 2017
I am working in Saudi Arabia and received nomination. While working on my application, I am having following douts. Some insight is expected from experienced person.

1) I am in Saudi Arabia and my family is in India. During visa stamping, do CIC issue separate letter for each family member to submit passport?

2) Is it possible to submit my passport in Saudi Arabia and my family member's passport in India? Do I need to give such request during the application?

Can anyone one share actual process with timeline for visa stamping?

Thanking you in advance.

gailsc83

Jan 12, 2019
TanakaM is right. As long as you have at least 12 months of continuous work experience (under an eligible NOC) in one job, any other work experience can be added up, irrespective of the length of employment of the aforementioned 'any other work experience'.
TanakaM is right. As long as you have at least 12 months of continuous work experience (under an eligible NOC) in one job, any other work experience can be added up, irrespective of the length of employment of the aforementioned 'any other work experience'.
My primary NOC is 1111. Maybe that's why I was only credited for 2 years. Primary NOC is the occupation that is best fit for our working experience, is this correct? So if my work is substantially focused on financial analysis, I should change my primary to 1112 instead of 1111? I worked as a tax accountant for the 10 months, but currently working for a small company as a financial analyst - I conduct cost benefit analyses and make recommendations to top management..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My primary NOC is 1111. Maybe that's why I was only credited for 2 years. Primary NOC is the occupation that is best fit for our working experience, is this correct? So if my work is substantially focused on financial analysis, I should change my primary to 1112 instead of 1111? I worked as a tax accountant for the 10 months, but currently working for a small company as a financial analyst - I conduct cost benefit analyses and make recommendations to top management..
That doesn't sound right. You should have 2 rows in your work history section. I assume you are applying under FSW category. As long as both your jobs fall within the past 10 years and belong to an eligible NOC, you should be good to go and be provided points for 3 years if the combined work experience hits or exceeds the 3 year mark.

Choose your primary NOC based on the job for which you can procure solid documentation . It doesn't necessarily have to be your current job.

Whatever NOC you choose, just make sure the reference letters contain roles that match around 70% of the roles listed under the NOC.

Good luck .

Roh_04

Feb 13, 2019
Hello Everyone! I have just begun to create my profile for express entry and it would be very helpful if someone can help clear my doubts.

I have 2 years of work experience, divided into 2 companies

Company 1 : Position A (6 months) Position B (3 months)

Company 2 : Position A (5 months ) Position B (13 months)

I have reference letters for Company1 Position A and the Company2 Position B. The employers aren’t ready to provide job duties for the other two jobs. My CRS score is 453.

My question is, Should I just include just the positions for which I have the reference letter in Work experience while creating profile and the other two just as the part of personal history, once I receive the ITA?

Or Should I include all the position in work experience and try to provide supporting documents for the ones which I don’t have letter and duties for?

Zazi077

Feb 13, 2019
Hi everyone. Please I need your help.

I am on post graduation work permit after 2 years of diploma. I work as a manager and have more than 2 years of experience here in Canada.
So my questions are:
1.Do I still need to prove my financial funds or I can just show them my pay subs, that I am working full time?
2. Can I take my medical exam before my application
3. What is the format for job offer that I suppose to attach to my documents.
4. My work visa is suppose to expire in September but I was planing to go back home for a few months.
- can I give them my friends mail to deliver the PR or I have to sign when I receive it?
- do I have to be in the country when they send my PR?
- if not can my friends mail it to me and I will arrive to Canada with my PR?
-What if my PR arrive after September and my work visa is already expired ?
- how much time do I have from the day I receive PR to land in the country?

Thank you so much for your help