+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

limits

May 13, 2015
Limits if my dates are any indication of what is and isn't going on then here's my opinion, I applied in July 2019, been In Process since November 5th 2019 and I dont even need a test due to age, on top of that I've been a permanent resident since October 4 2000. On top of that I'm from the USA and not so much as even a parking ticket in either country. YET HERE I SIT FOR 1 1/2 YEARS AND NOTHING. So from the way it looks at the moment, it could be another 2 to 3 years before they catch up with the backlog of citizenship applications.
That's just MY opinion.
That's sad to hear. You are definitely a special case though, most applications don't take this long to process.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Encouraging, but I am getting frustrated hearing people are receiving their decision made and oat invites and over 3 weeks later and my ecas still says "in progress". :(
Trudeau is probably gonna come and present you the certificate of citizenship himself... you've been here so long :)
Stay patient, your journey is almost done...

• Haha
Reactions: his*marty

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Was there any indication whether you can invite someone to the virtual oath ceremony that doesn't live with you?
It doesn’t mention anything about invited 3rd parties to it. It just refers to the oath taker and any minors taking the oath as well. So, it doesn’t say you can’t.

Reactions: his*marty

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Last time I submitted an ATIP request, I got shot down (and was asked to amend the request) because the request was in a question format and IRCC doesn't (apparently) answer questions. They only provide documents or so I was told. (I did not bother to amend that request at the time and abandoned it).

So this time, I avoided asking questions and instead requested "Any and all records including but not limited to memos, briefing notes, internal notes, reports, discussions, emails, policies pertaining to..." the items I thought are important to know. Below is what I sent them :

Please provide:

1. Any and all records including but not limited to memos, briefing notes, internal notes, reports, discussions, emails, policies pertaining to the number of applicants invited for the online testing as of the date this request is processed.

2. Any and all records including but not limited to memos, briefing notes, internal notes, reports, discussions, emails, policies pertaining to the current backlog of applicants for both citizenship test AND the virtual oath ceremony as of the date this request is processed.

3. Any and all records including but not limited to memos, briefing notes, internal notes, reports, discussions, emails, policies pertaining to the plans AND measures being pursued to minimize backlog for applicants waiting for the online citizenship test AND virtual oath ceremony.

4. Any and all records including but not limited to memos, briefing notes, internal notes, reports, discussions, emails, policies pertaining to increasing the volume and/or frequency of online citizenship test invites being sent out AND increasing the number of online oath ceremonies and/or increasing the number of participants per ceremony.

5. Any and all records including but not limited to memos, briefing notes, internal notes, reports, discussions, emails, policies pertaining to any additions/deletions/amends to the operational procedures for processing citizenship grant applications in the past 6 months.

Thank you!
I did have more requests but the text area on the page has a limit of 1500 characters (including spaces). I had to remove one other question I had about projected timelines for 2020 applicants to make room for the other important requests listed above (and I think I have made them very specific).

I will keep you guys posted on this. I hope to receive detailed documentation that shows the information that I have requested above. Once I receive it, I will upload it to Google drive and share the link here OR just give you guys the link to the documentation on the ATIP website.

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
I can’t take it anymore! I have developed chronic pain syndrome because of this! I applied March 2020! Will I ever get those 20 questions this year???! Life is the biggest troll. You work so hard, so frickin hard and wait for your dreams and right before achieving that, things go upside down so badly that you end up in a “parallel universe”! I wanna go back to 2019!

Reactions: Omegabyte

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I can’t take it anymore! I have developed chronic pain syndrome because of this! I applied March 2020! Will I ever get those 20 questions this year???! Life is the biggest troll. You work so hard, so frickin hard and wait for your dreams and right before achieving that, things go upside down so badly that you end up in a “parallel universe”! I wanna go back to 2019!
hahah I feel ya...but if anyone wound up in this comedy of errors it's myself..how about this? I waited 34 years to apply (life circumstances) I finally do after all these year and the world shuts down. >.< I've 16 months in (wrote my test Jan. 2) so I believe you may have a 3-5 month wait at least for your test.

• Wow
Reactions: calgary1991