+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Good evening, or hello friends,

After a long absence, I come back to you with some news ... Not cheerful, unfortunately. I fear that our ordeal will last several more years.

The elements :

1) In a recent response from IRCC relating to my case, (web form), they told me that all operations were now stopped for people in Quebec, given the situation (Total Lockdown). I repeat: No more citizenship-related activity, that includes online tests. For the province of Quebec, I repeat it.

2) The Federal Public Service Workers Union is relaunching hostilities for Code 699 ... They want to hang on to it at all costs, and continue to profit by relaxing the honest worker 's money, tax payers. .. See the link here, which dates from January 8 only:

http://psacunion.ca/699-leave-psac-files-additional-policy-grievances

Please do not come and defend the indefensible: All remuneration deserves work in return, it is a universal law ... What this union is trying to do is a form of abuse:
* The treasury secretariat of Canada confirmed this thesis by tightening the rules for the use of code 699, in order to stop abuses of public money. (This is precisely what the union is trying to invalidate before the justice, to continue to have the 'right' to continue using code 699 indefinitely).

* Federal officials are not sacred and do not have diplomatic immunity (except diplomats in the course of their duties, under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations), and we have the right to criticize them. .. Especially since we are their employer (Our taxes pay their salaries).

I think once again that the cancellation of the december sitting was a MONUMENTAL mistake ... We are going to pay it very VERY VERY VERY very expensive = That means YEARS AND YEARS of additional waiting.

Unless you reactivate the protest movement.

Your suggestions are welcome.

, Piotr.
I had my test in January and we've been in an essential only (food) lockdown for 3 months now. I can't speak to that.

As for code 699, I'm sorry...I have to say that it's just an excuse for people to not go to work. If I could collect my full salary and sit at home for a year...absolutely I would. There is no incentive for them to go back to work...and this is why I am against unions. Particularly, when it's taxpayers money. My frustration with this is, there are so many people in the same situation as government workers and we don't have a code 699. Furthermore, there are safe ways to come in to work and do your job like so many of us do day in and day out. This all is a particular concern to the family reunification program as it is inhumane to force people to wait 2, 3, 4 years etc. to be reunited with their family and if they're from a country that requires a visa they're not even being permitted to come and visit their spouses/parent. There is one lady that's been in the family sponsorship stream since 2014...still waiting for her husband to be approved to join her. Meanwhile, non resident/citizen students and workers are having their spouses approved in around 4 months. This whole IRCC is prejudiced and inefficient. I know off topic slightly, but I am growing increasing frustrated being in the middle of two IRCC streams.

limits

May 13, 2015
Good evening, or hello friends,

After a long absence, I come back to you with some news ... Not cheerful, unfortunately. I fear that our ordeal will last several more years.

The elements :

1) In a recent response from IRCC relating to my case, (web form), they told me that all operations were now stopped for people in Quebec, given the situation (Total Lockdown). I repeat: No more citizenship-related activity, that includes online tests. For the province of Quebec, I repeat it.

2) The Federal Public Service Workers Union is relaunching hostilities for Code 699 ... They want to hang on to it at all costs, and continue to profit by relaxing the honest worker 's money, tax payers. .. See the link here, which dates from January 8 only:

http://psacunion.ca/699-leave-psac-files-additional-policy-grievances

Please do not come and defend the indefensible: All remuneration deserves work in return, it is a universal law ... What this union is trying to do is a form of abuse:
* The treasury secretariat of Canada confirmed this thesis by tightening the rules for the use of code 699, in order to stop abuses of public money. (This is precisely what the union is trying to invalidate before the justice, to continue to have the 'right' to continue using code 699 indefinitely).

* Federal officials are not sacred and do not have diplomatic immunity (except diplomats in the course of their duties, under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations), and we have the right to criticize them. .. Especially since we are their employer (Our taxes pay their salaries).

I think once again that the cancellation of the december sitting was a MONUMENTAL mistake ... We are going to pay it very VERY VERY VERY very expensive = That means YEARS AND YEARS of additional waiting.

Unless you reactivate the protest movement.

Your suggestions are welcome.

, Piotr.
So what's the plan? Why can't the protests be started again?

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Would be very nice if we could get a protest going again BUT ONTARIO IS STILL IN A LOCKDOWN. Until the lockdown is lifted I for one don't expect anyone wants to be ticketed. They are cracking down on crowds or gatherings, as shown on the news from over the weekend. I am still for the protest and making sure that the government hears our voices and that we are not happy and not going anywhere.
Has anyone else got an idea what can be done, Sign's, banner's, phone calls, Interviews with the media?

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Not advocating for people to defy the lockdown.

However, I can confirm from personal experience in Toronto (Sunday) that protesters are not being ticketed. About 40-50 protesters outside the condo where mayor John Tory lives. Police were present in full force to ensure nothing got out of hand, and residents of the condo were not overly inconvenienced. None of the protesters were being ticketed.

Would be very nice if we could get a protest going again BUT ONTARIO IS STILL IN A LOCKDOWN. Until the lockdown is lifted I for one don't expect anyone wants to be ticketed. They are cracking down on crowds or gatherings, as shown on the news from over the weekend. I am still for the protest and making sure that the government hears our voices and that we are not happy and not going anywhere.
Has anyone else got an idea what can be done, Sign's, banner's, phone calls, Interviews with the media?

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Piotre, Careful from scammers, This is unsafe link ... 1drv !!! This is not how Microsoft publishes the OneDrive...

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Piotre, Careful from scammers, This is unsafe link ... 1drv !!! This is not how Microsoft publishes the OneDrive...
It's not mine, i take that from a publisher on november 2019 topic... you think is a scam ? ... i opened the file, he is working ( pdf file )... publisher says he get the file after a request under 'access to information' ... seems legit, my antivirus says nothing when i open it... , what do you think ?

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
It's not mine, i take that from a publisher on november 2019 topic... you think is a scam ? ... i opened the file, he is working ( pdf file )... publisher says he get the file after a request under 'access to information' ... seems legit, my antivirus says nothing when i open it... , what do you think ?
The link is wired where he saved the file is : 1dr.ms . It is very suspicious. Official link should be : https://onedrive.live.com

mrfunky

Jan 20, 2021
Reactions: ott-613