+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I’m going to be optimistic in your case. They might consider you a good test candidate because you’ve been in Canada for so long that as long as you don’t have a massive arrest record, they think you’ll just fly through the process with very little need to do a big background check on you. :)
I hope you are right!

limits

May 13, 2015
Any idea why the online citizenship test invites are so slow? It seems like they should be able to do it at scale now that its online but yet its super slow!

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Any idea why the online citizenship test invites are so slow? It seems like they should be able to do it at scale now that its online but yet its super slow!
When they announced that they were doing online tests they said they were only doing 5000 at first. This is a smart way of doing this to make sure that no major issue occur. It would be an absolute nightmare if they just allowed 10s of thousands of tests to go out without knowing if the current pipeline works. If all goes well, there should be a ramp up over the number of invites going out. We’ll probably see this happening in Feb/March if all goes well with the Dec/Jan group.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Because they manually look at the screenshots the webcam takes to make sure test takers weren't cheating. A person has to do this for each test taker. If anything, this will be much slower than offline tests, where 1 proctor could monitor dozens of test takers at one go.

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Because they manually look at the screenshots the webcam takes to make sure test takers weren't cheating. A person has to do this for each test taker. If anything, this will be much slower than offline tests, where 1 proctor could monitor dozens of test takers at one go.
As if the test was really difficult...:eek::p

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Looks like its official now, IRCC has updated the citizenship status and the 12 months standard does not hold anymore. Please check out the 12 month box on the right on the page on the link below on IRCC website. They have indicated the 12 months was before COVID and they have limited capacity to process applications. This was updated on Jan 14th.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

With these delays I think we are easily looking towards 2-3 years of citizenship delays with the backlog. I sincerely hope that is not the case but with the "limited capacity" to even open applications and issue AORs, I am not very optimistic on timelines from IRCC.

gn02090867

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
The thing I don't really understand is the test can be done asynchronously, without any human coordination. Yes, IRCC might have to audit the recording afterward, but not really sure why the test is still on hold for so many applicants.

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
I don't have to take the test due to age BUT I'm still in process since November 5, 2019 and I've gotten no further than those who need the test.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
People in the sponsorship are going through being asked for biometrics and receiving sponsorship approval without even receiving an AOR. So, now we may not even know where we are at because IRCC is failing to properly notify.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Good evening, or hello friends,

After a long absence, I come back to you with some news ... Not cheerful, unfortunately. I fear that our ordeal will last several more years.

The elements :

1) In a recent response from IRCC relating to my case, (web form), they told me that all operations were now stopped for people in Quebec, given the situation (Total Lockdown). I repeat: No more citizenship-related activity, that includes online tests. For the province of Quebec, I repeat it.

2) The Federal Public Service Workers Union is relaunching hostilities for Code 699 ... They want to hang on to it at all costs, and continue to profit by relaxing the honest worker 's money, tax payers. .. See the link here, which dates from January 8 only:

http://psacunion.ca/699-leave-psac-files-additional-policy-grievances

Please do not come and defend the indefensible: All remuneration deserves work in return, it is a universal law ... What this union is trying to do is a form of abuse:
* The treasury secretariat of Canada confirmed this thesis by tightening the rules for the use of code 699, in order to stop abuses of public money. (This is precisely what the union is trying to invalidate before the justice, to continue to have the 'right' to continue using code 699 indefinitely).

* Federal officials are not sacred and do not have diplomatic immunity (except diplomats in the course of their duties, under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations), and we have the right to criticize them. .. Especially since we are their employer (Our taxes pay their salaries).

I think once again that the cancellation of the december sitting was a MONUMENTAL mistake ... We are going to pay it very VERY VERY VERY very expensive = That means YEARS AND YEARS of additional waiting.

Unless you reactivate the protest movement.

Your suggestions are welcome.

, Piotr.

Reactions: skydiving

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
When you check application status it ask: did you apply before april 2015 or after 2015. you can imagine 6 years later and still big backlog.

I am worry that we will be a pool like those ones, years of processing.

That is unfortunate becuase with covid situation and state of emergency I dont see how we will back to normal any soon.