+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
I can’t take it anymore! I have developed chronic pain syndrome because of this! I applied March 2020! Will I ever get those 20 questions this year???! Life is the biggest troll. You work so hard, so frickin hard and wait for your dreams and right before achieving that, things go upside down so badly that you end up in a “parallel universe”! I wanna go back to 2019!
We are all in this together. Stay positive and we will finish the race in no time !! Cheers!!

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I can’t take it anymore! I have developed chronic pain syndrome because of this! I applied March 2020! Will I ever get those 20 questions this year???! Life is the biggest troll. You work so hard, so frickin hard and wait for your dreams and right before achieving that, things go upside down so badly that you end up in a “parallel universe”! I wanna go back to 2019!
Just a tad bit dramatic, don’t yah think ? I’m sure EVERYONE would of liked this pandemic not to have happened, more so the families of the 2.24 million people worldwide who have died because of it . That’s what people should focus on. That they are healthy , their family & close ones are healthy , and focus on staying that way . Because to be blunt , if you should catch it, and die , getting a bloody citizenship won’t matter all that much, it won’t matter at all.
Yah, it’s a life or death situation

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16

Hang in there ! There are 2018 and 2019 applicants waiting too ! I wish if the process was quicker for everyone.

Reactions: calgary1991

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Just a tad bit dramatic, don’t yah think ? I’m sure EVERYONE would of liked this pandemic not to have happened, more so the families of the 2.24 million people worldwide who have died because of it . That’s what people should focus on. That they are healthy , their family & close ones are healthy , and focus on staying that way . Because to be blunt , if you should catch it, and die , getting a bloody citizenship won’t matter all that much, it won’t matter at all.
Yah, it’s a life or death situation
Dramatic? Well I knew writing to these forums is a bad idea because it’s hard to explain things to strangers. My “close” ones are neither healthy nor close to me. I waited years, crazy work but “whatever” haha! If you are from third world country so many years just being lost because of what? Something that you can’t choose. I’m sick of the injustice of this world. Eventually my 72 year old mom is gonna get the virus and I am still waiting. For what? For 20 questions hahaiwhehwjshhehehehehah. Isn’t life a joke:) Seriously guys it’s sooooo fun hahahhahahah hahahahahahha!!!! I am all alone in Canada. Anyways I don’t wanna even try explaining more. Thanks.

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Hang in there ! There are 2018 and 2019 applicants waiting too ! I wish if the process was quicker for everyone.
And the funny thing(sarcasm) is yeah man there are still 2018 2019 applicants waiting hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah oh my god isn’t it like a joke:) Poor guys. I’m so sorry for them. Geniunely sorry. Thank you for your nice words though kind stranger.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
That is tough man I’m sorry to hear that. I’m sure you will make it though! Hope the wait is gonna be only 3-5 months hahahahahhahaha I am sick of checking this forum every single day. Will be so good to delete myself from this forum forever :)

What are your timelines? If you need to take care of your mother back home, and you are still at in process stage then dont wait for your citizenship

Instead, please go visit your mother. Do not waste this precious time in Canada whilst you can use this time with your mother. I know it is easier said than done !!!

Re citizenship, it is a process and unfortunately it is not in anyone's control ! Neither yours nor mine !

Live your life with what is in your hands rather than becoming frustrated with something that you dont have right now....eventually it will come to you...you will become a Canadian citizen one day !!!! Be positive.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Heating up here, huh?)) I honestly can't get those ones who are prepared to wait forever. Their choice. I'm not to the extreme of getting any pain syndromes either. But I kind of feel for those getting nervous. Whatever the process it is too slow. I wouldn't have any say if this was a free service or smth not important and not the reason for coming out here for each and every one of you. IRCC is too late too slow on everything they do. They "forget" to invite applicants for an Oath after DM for over 12 months (whatever the reason if there's one they must communicate it), it takes them months to introduce a multiple choice test online, a thing that has been out there for literally years (oh, the famous saga of cheating... Not existent) and apparently according to Mendicino had been worked on prior to the pandemic. Call center agents are there for nothing giving you zero (or close to it) meaningful information when you call, web form is even funnier not even good enough for toilet reading (too short, too boring, too useless, I believe toilet spray cans have more interesting info). They are being paid to do the job, we (and millions of other tax payers in Canada) are the ones paying them. I can't see why there are still ones feeling business as usual about the whole delay. It is not a question of life or death any more since testing and oaths are online. So I don't understand why IRCC wouldn't pull their chute together and get more resource into it.

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
What are your timelines? If you need to take care of your mother back home, and you are still at in process stage then dont wait for your citizenship

Instead, please go visit your mother. Do not waste this precious time in Canada whilst you can use this time with your mother. I know it is easier said than done !!!

Re citizenship, it is a process and unfortunately it is not in anyone's control ! Neither yours nor mine !

Live your life with what is in your hands rather than becoming frustrated with something that you dont have right now....eventually it will come to you...you will become a Canadian citizen one day !!!! Be positive.
I applied at the beginning of March 2020. AOR August and In process since October 2020. She is still doing okay but once she gets covid, I don’t wanna even think about that, she is also so lonely there. I mean physically she is not completely alone maybe, but I don’t even wanna try to explain the complicated family issues and how lonely she is there in the end. Everyday another battle.. That country’s (Somewhere in the middle east) situation is so bad in every way. Not even only talking about covid issues, talking about much more than that. But also no good vaccine or anything yet. And not much hope for the near future. I am not Pollyanna, I can’t tell lies to myself or others to make us feel better, only reality.. Even though that reality hits you in the face badly.

Also I just want to say that some random strangers(not you) are just mean assuming they know everything, making assumptions like “hmmm hahahahaha it’s citizenship maaan how did you get pain syndrome”. Well, first off all, I hope those guys wouldn’t need to deal with chronic pain ever, second, when they say it like that, it definitely feels like maybe even ridicilous. Like seriously, chronic pain because of not being able to be citizen??? Hahahahahah yeah it sounds so ridicilous right? Well, people just don’t understand. They really don’t understand what being citizen means. Probably because their situation is different and they don’t know much about emphaty. They are now in their cosy homes, with their families, in not so bad conditions, all peacefully. Anyways, in addition, I started to get chronic health issues not only because of citizenship but also other things. But these citizenship issues contributed to it just so much. Anyways there are so many more things but I am beyond exhausted to even try to explain.

I just wanna know one thing:
Will I see those 20 questions in 2021?

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I applied at the beginning of March 2020. AOR August and In process since October 2020. She is still doing okay but once she gets covid, I don’t wanna even think about that, she is also so lonely there. I mean physically she is not completely alone maybe, but I don’t even wanna try to explain the complicated family issues and how lonely she is there in the end. Everyday another battle.. That country’s (Somewhere in the middle east) situation is so bad in every way. Not even only talking about covid issues, talking about much more than that. But also no good vaccine or anything yet. And not much hope for the near future. I am not Pollyanna, I can’t tell lies to myself or others to make us feel better, only reality.. Even though that reality hits you in the face badly.

Also I just want to say that some random strangers(not you) are just mean assuming they know everything, making assumptions like “hmmm hahahahaha it’s citizenship maaan how did you get pain syndrome”. Well, first off all, I hope those guys wouldn’t need to deal with chronic pain ever, second, when they say it like that, it definitely feels like maybe even ridicilous. Like seriously, chronic pain because of not being able to be citizen??? Hahahahahah yeah it sounds so ridicilous right? Well, people just don’t understand. They really don’t understand what being citizen means. Probably because their situation is different and they don’t know much about emphaty. They are now in their cosy homes, with their families, in not so bad conditions, all peacefully. Anyways, in addition, I started to get chronic health issues not only because of citizenship but also other things. But these citizenship issues contributed to it just so much. Anyways there are so many more things but I am beyond exhausted to even try to explain.

You might or you might not see them. Logic's been lost. But don't despair. Odds are you will.

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020

Hey Brother,
I totally get why you are in pain and if you want to vent about it, go ahead (or PM me if you feel conformtable too). I had frequent migraines last year to the point that i thought that I had a tumor or something. In the meantime, I was thinking about citizenship, some work that I had to get done and more importantly my dad's health deteriorating every day. After a total burnout, I decided to go home. From there things started to get better, my dad was so happy to see me and he eventually got better. I went to see a very talented neurologist (friend of family who literally saw me growing up). He made me do all kinds of tests just to be sure, but the moment he saw me he knew I was stressed to death. Btw one of the tests revealed that I had cholesterol too, the bad one. I always have been careful with my diet and I workout at least 3 times a week. Stress can get you there...
Easier to say than do but @adey786 is right. You should live your life. You will eventually get your citizenship. Unfortunately IRCC doesn't care about you neither your mom. Just being able to see my dad was blessing and to this day I dont regret that trip back home.

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Dramatic? Well I knew writing to these forums is a bad idea because it’s hard to explain things to strangers. My “close” ones are neither healthy nor close to me. I waited years, crazy work but “whatever” haha! If you are from third world country so many years just being lost because of what? Something that you can’t choose. I’m sick of the injustice of this world. Eventually my 72 year old mom is gonna get the virus and I am still waiting. For what? For 20 questions hahaiwhehwjshhehehehehah. Isn’t life a joke:) Seriously guys it’s sooooo fun hahahhahahah hahahahahahha!!!! I am all alone in Canada. Anyways I don’t wanna even try explaining more. Thanks.
It’s a bad idea because we are not shrinks. There’s a thin line between sharing and seeking counselling when needed. So help us by not dumping here as many of us are coping with worse situations than waiting for citizenship <1yr.

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Hey Brother,
I totally get why you are in pain and if you want to vent about it, go ahead (or PM me if you feel conformtable too). I had frequent migraines last year to the point that i thought that I had a tumor or something. In the meantime, I was thinking about citizenship, some work that I had to get done and more importantly my dad's health deteriorating every day. After a total burnout, I decided to go home. From there things started to get better, my dad was so happy to see me and he eventually got better. I went to see a very talented neurologist (friend of family who literally saw me growing up). He made me do all kinds of tests just to be sure, but the moment he saw me he knew I was stressed to death. Btw one of the tests revealed that I had cholesterol too, the bad one. I always have been careful with my diet and I workout at least 3 times a week. Stress can get you there...
Easier to say than do but @adey786 is right. You should live your life. You will eventually get your citizenship. Unfortunately IRCC doesn't care about you neither your mom. Just being able to see my dad was blessing and to this day I dont regret that trip back home.
Hey! I’m glad you made that trip! I totally understand what you have gone through. Glad your dad is better! And glad you are doing better as well!

And yes, I have always been a gym rat, nutrition and stuff but expecially severe stress and anxiety (not regular levels) can affect us badly. The good thing is our bodies recover, go back to normal as if nothing bad happened..

I wanted to share my frustration here of course because I can’t take it anymore, simple as that! Waiting and waiting and there is no guarantee that we will be able to see those questions even this year. Meanwhile tick tock tick tock time passing, so much time being wasted. There is no guarantee everyone will be alive even tomorrow. And we are talking about months/years of wait?? Excuse me? That’s so wrong, I’m sick of it. Sick of checking this forum everyday as well. And people who keep throwing shade at people like us saying the truth, save your words to somebody else, I’m too smart for it. It’s so annoying how they basically tell so many negative, toxic things to those people who are only looking for their rights. I am not sheep, will never be one. Not everyone has the same situation, some people have to learn about emphaty here. And my situation in general is beyond their wildest imagination but hey, it’s internet, people assume they know everything about you, they like to say anything they want and try to toxicate you. Well, not even worth talking about those but had to say somethings because they deserve it badly.

It is so sad that there are still 2019 and even 2018 applicants waiting for their citizenship. My best wishes to those people.. Meanwhile everyday trying to survive and not to get covid and hoping that things are gonna be allright. Also hoping she will not get covid or any serious health issue. Again, so much time being wasted and the time with your parents(Expecially if they are old) is one of the most precious things in this world. And of course, my situation is much more complex than that, but not worth explaining more here. I will definitely PM you. Thank you so much!

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hey! I’m glad you made that trip! I totally understand what you have gone through. Glad your dad is better! And glad you are doing better as well!

And yes, I have always been a gym rat, nutrition and stuff but expecially severe stress and anxiety (not regular levels) can affect us badly. The good thing is our bodies recover, go back to normal as if nothing bad happened..

I wanted to share my frustration here of course because I can’t take it anymore, simple as that! Waiting and waiting and there is no guarantee that we will be able to see those questions even this year. Meanwhile tick tock tick tock time passing, so much time being wasted. There is no guarantee everyone will be alive even tomorrow. And we are talking about months/years of wait?? Excuse me? That’s so wrong, I’m sick of it. Sick of checking this forum everyday as well. And people who keep throwing shade at people like us saying the truth, save your words to somebody else, I’m too smart for it. It’s so annoying how they basically tell so many negative, toxic things to those people who are only looking for their rights. I am not sheep, will never be one. Not everyone has the same situation, some people have to learn about emphaty here. And my situation in general is beyond their wildest imagination but hey, it’s internet, people assume they know everything about you, they like to say anything they want and try to toxicate you. Well, not even worth talking about those but had to say somethings because they deserve it badly.

It is so sad that there are still 2019 and even 2018 applicants waiting for their citizenship. My best wishes to those people.. Meanwhile everyday trying to survive and not to get covid and hoping that things are gonna be allright. Also hoping she will not get covid or any serious health issue. Again, so much time being wasted and the time with your parents(Expecially if they are old) is one of the most precious things in this world. And of course, my situation is much more complex than that, but not worth explaining more here. I will definitely PM you. Thank you so much!
Anytime !
It is very important to have empathy for people issues and not judge them because each case is different. It is also normal that you are frustated as I am too. They will always be some people who will talk you down for having emotions, but don't worry there is also many people like me who understand your postion.
Time has always been the most valuable thing to me (not money or any other bs that you find on earth). You can lose some material things and get it back but you can't come back in past. The problem with government workers (just like most of the human beings) is they are not aware of things that people are dealing with. If there were people in their own family having with the same issues than you, they will definitely speed up the process.
Anyway, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that is why we have this forum and this post. Some good folks like @piotrqc have been doing an awesome work trying to get IRCC back to work and their effort is not vain. We will all get there but we have to be smart.

Cheers brother.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16

Hmm. Look, the positive side to your story is that IRCC has somehow started picking 2020 applicants and there is a hope that you could be one of those lucky chaps. Let's hope for the best.

The other side is : Your family needs. You certainly need to be closer to your mum given the situation you have explained. If I were you, I would have done short trips every few months to keep closer to mum as much as possible and also keeping a tab on IRCC as well. That is the best bet for you ! You need to be in Canada in order to take test and Oath, so whilst you have "buffer" until you get test invite, why dont you attend to family business? This would at least put your mind at ease.

All the best and good luck.

Reactions: calgary1991