+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
I was trying to get my status through webform few times. The first couple of time, got email saying to resubmit the request and then the last time they send me an email saying like this. There is no information about my status in this email and giving some common information that we see in the internet search. Is it how we get the responds from them?

Good day,

Thank you for your enquiry to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) seeking information about the status of your case.

COVID-19 has impacted IRCC’s application processing procedures. IRCC has therefore been striving to ensure the most up-to-date processing time information is available on the web.

In an effort to give clients the most up-to-date processing time information, IRCC is now providing weekly updates concerning your type of application on what our operational networks are working on.

To access this latest information about how application processing is being prioritized or other information about how COVID-19 is affecting our programs, please consult the hyperlinks below.

If your application requires urgent intervention such as you wish to withdraw an application, you are required to submit additional documents, or you would like to request a reconsideration after a refusal, please submit a webform enquiry clearly indicating the nature of the urgency.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

For more information:

· How COVID-19 is affecting immigration, refugees and citizenship:

o Visitors, temporary workers and students

o Immigration applicants

o Canadians and citizenship applicants

o Landed permanent residents

o Travel restrictions and exemptions

o Biometrics

· Check the status of your application submitted online or by paper

o Note that we are prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from COVID-19 travel restrictions; it may take us longer to update other (non-travel exempt) applications

· Find an IRCC application package or form

· Implied status - As a temporary resident, it is important to apply to extend your stay in Canada before it expires. Following submission of the application, you are considered to have implied status.

· Change of address

· Request a refund

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
I received the very same reply from IRCC. Very nice of them to take the time to respond with no reply to any of the questions asked. Seems like it's on a relay, for every request they receive from anyone it's a single email they respond with, no matter what question you ask.

Reactions: carol90

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
I received the very same reply from IRCC. Very nice of them to take the time to respond with no reply to any of the questions asked. Seems like it's on a relay, for every request they receive from anyone it's a single email they respond with, no matter what question you ask.

I agree. Now its like searching in the darkness

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I was trying to get my status through webform few times. The first couple of time, got email saying to resubmit the request and then the last time they send me an email saying like this. There is no information about my status in this email and giving some common information that we see in the internet search. Is it how we get the responds from them?

Good day,

Thank you for your enquiry to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) seeking information about the status of your case.

COVID-19 has impacted IRCC’s application processing procedures. IRCC has therefore been striving to ensure the most up-to-date processing time information is available on the web.

In an effort to give clients the most up-to-date processing time information, IRCC is now providing weekly updates concerning your type of application on what our operational networks are working on.

To access this latest information about how application processing is being prioritized or other information about how COVID-19 is affecting our programs, please consult the hyperlinks below.

If your application requires urgent intervention such as you wish to withdraw an application, you are required to submit additional documents, or you would like to request a reconsideration after a refusal, please submit a webform enquiry clearly indicating the nature of the urgency.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

For more information:

· How COVID-19 is affecting immigration, refugees and citizenship:

o Visitors, temporary workers and students

o Immigration applicants

o Canadians and citizenship applicants

o Landed permanent residents

o Travel restrictions and exemptions

o Biometrics

· Check the status of your application submitted online or by paper

o Note that we are prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from COVID-19 travel restrictions; it may take us longer to update other (non-travel exempt) applications

· Find an IRCC application package or form

· Implied status - As a temporary resident, it is important to apply to extend your stay in Canada before it expires. Following submission of the application, you are considered to have implied status.

· Change of address

· Request a refund
Better calling than writing. You can at least ask Q's and get answers. Well... not all the answers you are looking for, but at least status of criminality and background checks, when your file was last touched etc. You will probably get a clearer picture of what's happening with your application. Copy/paste webform answers are all about nothing. No one seems to bother looking into your file when answering a webform, like... never.

Reactions: carol90

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Better calling than writing. You can at least ask Q's and get answers. Well... not all the answers you are looking for, but at least status of criminality and background checks, when your file was last touched etc. You will probably get a clearer picture of what's happening with your application. Copy/paste webform answers are all about nothing. No one seems to bother looking into your file when answering a webform, like... never.
Yeah ,, I can see that now

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Has anyone else noticed that after that twitter storm on 4th march, no one is reporting any oath invitations or oath takings within current week ? One person on another platform mentioned that he checked with his office and received an email saying that oath has been delayed due to some technical issues and will be resumed after 1 month. :( Has anyone else heard something like this ?
retribution

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Thanks. My original test appointment was cancelled in March 2020 too.

We're in this together.
Even worse, I'm seeing people from our timelines getting invites, as well as people who applied well after us getting invites. The common joke now is that the officers throw darts at a wall with our names on them and if yours gets picked, you get a test.

Reactions: Anford

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Even worse, I'm seeing people from our timelines getting invites, as well as people who applied well after us getting invites. The common joke now is that the officers throw darts at a wall with our names on them and if yours gets picked, you get a test.
What's demoralizing is that I've spoken to somebody on this Forum with EXACTLY the same timeline as mine and from the same city (Vancouver) who became a few weeks ago.

• Angry
Reactions: chs and Anford