+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
I feel your pain.. I'm almost at my one year "anniversary" of having my test cancelled. Effing unbelievable. I want to be a citizen only if to vote against the current government due to their massive ineptitude on handling the applications. I'm seeing quite a few people on this board who applied after me (Sept. 2019) who have gotten their test, passed it and are now citizens. The timeline is hogwash, to put it politely.
I agree. I have seen ppl from my processing office getting test invites and they applied in October/ November 2019. I applied in March 2019 and nothing for me. Supposedly they are “finishing” March 2019 applications but I haven’t even received a test invite yet. Will i ever get one?

Reactions: chs and JHT

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
I agree. I have seen ppl from my processing office getting test invites and they applied in October/ November 2019. I applied in March 2019 and nothing for me. Supposedly they are “finishing” March 2019 applications but I haven’t even received a test invite yet. Will i ever get one?
I am sure, your waiting is coming to an end soon. May by the end of this month. Stay positive

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Hello friends,

Here is the latest update from A.U, the lead of the lobby group.

A.U said:
Please participate in the Twitter Storm tomorrow.
Not saying that it will solve all the problems right away but this is the start of clearly communicating IRCC that situation is unacceptable and that we are getting united and Vocal about it.
Right after it we will launch a collective "WRITE your MP" campaign. and inundate inboxes with our legit requests and complains (more to come on it later)
We have waited enough . Working on March 2019 applications , REALLY ? What Negligence !
https://www.facebook.com/events/201694261710525

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
What do I even write to my MP? Complain about the backlog & processing times? They are probably going to give me some lame reply I imagine.

I am going to be moving this month so I guess I will be writing to a different one.

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Apart from the Government, I suggest we should write to Erin O'Toole / Jagmeet Singh as well. May be pressure from opposition / allies may be the thing that may make Government do something.

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
2017 in here, so it's even worse
Terrible ,
Have You filed for mandamus ?

Or is there a reason that you might not want to do that ?

Am I correct to assume you have no criminal history ?
(Based on your previous posts it seems you said you don’t )

Am I correct to assume you haven’t had refugee status in Canada?
(Unfortunately a lot of refugees have gone through complicated and very delayed processes)

Last edited:

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Now try to figure why they are all from the facebook group...
Lol some people got jokes.;)
Honest question, I see this FB group mentioned here all the time but I have no idea which group it refers to. What FB group are these from, if I may ask?

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Honest question, I see this FB group mentioned here all the time but I have no idea which group it refers to. What FB group are these from, if I may ask?
I believe someone who's using FB (not me) would be able to PM the link to you. Admins don't seem to like the cross reference ;)

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
I believe someone who's using FB (not me) would be able to PM the link to you. Admins don't seem to like the cross reference ;)
I won't link it but it should not be an issue if I provide it's name. In any case, Admins will delete it if it still poses an issue.

The group is called Canadian Citizenship Test by Apnatoronto

The group ID is the following: apnatoronto.citizentest

Not sure if there is another group but this one seems to be the one often referred to here (because the same events happen on the group as the ones people discuss here). I also figured it out from this forum & boy was it tough because everyone says Facebook group but no one says which one.

Reactions: robteix

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Everyone, the Status Update tool has been updated for the pandemic!

Here take a look at the tool.

It is currently informing us that IRCC is currently finalizing applications between March 3rd to March 9th 2019. That is honestly appalling.

Even still, I am not completely discouraged. I suggest we observe how quickly IRCC is finalizing these applications. Further, I believe this is only half the truth given how late 2019 applicants are receiving both test & oath invites.

EDIT: They are also providing the week of applications updates for AORs. Currently, the AORs for the week of November 27, 2020 are being sent out. This update seems to be fairly accurate.
Old news, came out a week ago +/-

Reactions: BOYX

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Everyone, the Status Update tool has been updated for the pandemic!

Here take a look at the tool.

It is currently informing us that IRCC is currently finalizing applications between March 3rd to March 9th 2019. That is honestly appalling.

Even still, I am not completely discouraged. I suggest we observe how quickly IRCC is finalizing these applications. Further, I believe this is only half the truth given how late 2019 applicants are receiving both test & oath invites.

EDIT: They are also providing the week of applications updates for AORs. Currently, the AORs for the week of November 27, 2020 are being sent out. This update seems to be fairly accurate.
Oh Lord