+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
They last updated March-2nd Tuesday. Hope they will update it again today EOD (Tuesday March 09th). Fingers crossed.
They did,

Last updated: March 9, 2021

We’re still accepting new applications for citizenship.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
March 10 and 16, 2019?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
They did,

March 10 and 16, 2019?
Hahahahhahahahhahahaha is this really happening? Yayyyyyyyy that means only 358 more days left to be citizen ahhaahahhahahahahaha I need a drink.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: carol90 and Das67

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
They did,

March 10 and 16, 2019?
:) Thanks. You know it is a very good tactic. Since they are processing 1 week ahead of 24 months, They can trick the media and people by saying that "Processing is Under (or) Less than 24 Months", which is technically true. Lol, these are third world countries tactics.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
:) Thanks. You know it is a very good tactic. Since they are processing 1 week ahead of 24 months, They can trick the media and people by saying that "Processing is Under (or) Less than 24 Months", which is technically true. Lol, these are third world countries tactics.
I agree...just tell the real dates so we don't wait for nothing. I can't even plan anything this year thinking I might or might not get a test/oath

Reactions: GokulGuruprasad

defintelyguru

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
Hi.
Haven’t been following this thread for a while.

Did I read correctly that IRCC is finalising applications from March 2019???

My application is form November 2018!!!
Despite multiple emails, I keep getting the default reply that it’s ‘in process’.

based on the notes I ordered (in January), my file has been flagged ‘test ready’ since August 2020.

I’d appreciate if anyone had some thoughts on this, or any tips on to get the ball moving with my application.

This is starting to get problematic for my career as it bears me from taking the next steps and getting more involved. And I get the covid delay, but 2 years and 3 months now that I’ve been waiting.

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Nothing funny in all this... We must protest and do preassures....
Do I look like I’m having so much fun here?! If I don’t laugh, I’m gonna lose my mind thinking about this insane unfairness going on every single day! Of course I’m gonna laugh! Protest how? I involved in Twitter protest, was such a small number of people. Backlog is more than 100k people but where are they?!

Reactions: Anford

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Well most of them have been blocked or banned after storming...
I think is because they tweeted multiple times in a short amount of time, while using a large amount of mentions and hashtags. Those two factors might have led to Twitter flagging their posts as spam and result in having their accounts blocked

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Well most of them have been blocked or banned after storming...
Yea I am one of them. As if not everything is enough, I am trying to get my account back now, it has been a week and I can’t believe that it’s still suspended! I wanna get it back so I can DELETE my Twitter account permanently. I can’t even delete it.

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Yea I am one of them. As if not everything is enough, I am trying to get my account back now, it has been a week and I can’t believe that it’s still suspended! I wanna get it back so I can DELETE my Twitter account permanently. I can’t even delete it.
Has anyone else noticed that after that twitter storm on 4th march, no one is reporting any oath invitations or oath takings within current week ? One person on another platform mentioned that he checked with his office and received an email saying that oath has been delayed due to some technical issues and will be resumed after 1 month. :( Has anyone else heard something like this ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bellaluna

dustinbee66

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Online test Tutorial said
  • Make sure that only your photo ID and your hand are visible to the webcam (not your face).
if the face showed a small part behind the ID,is it still qualified?

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request