+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Montreal seems to be pretty glacial as well. I hear lots of other places are moving faster, but perhaps it's the "faster checkout line at the store" syndrome; every other line seems to be moving faster than yours.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Thanks to everyone. I'm really trying to see how many people are in the same situation as I am. The only information I get from IRCC every single time I contact them is that my application is in the test waiting queue and that my background checks are complete.

I honestly don't know how I've managed to maintain my sanity this entire time. My application was received in July 2019, I received my AOR in September 2019, received a FP request in December 2019, and in March 2020 I was scheduled to take the test on April 1, 2020. That means if everything ran at the pre-Pandemic pace my application would've very likely been finalized within a year, barring any problems or delays, of course.

I wish this never happened. My only hope is that the vaccination rollout gets expedited and IRCC finally resumes in-person services.

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Thanks to everyone. I'm really trying to see how many people are in the same situation as I am. The only information I get from IRCC every single time I contact them is that my application is in the test waiting queue and that my background checks are complete.

I honestly don't know how I've managed to maintain my sanity this entire time. My application was received in July 2019, I received my AOR in September 2019, received a FP request in December 2019, and in March 2020 I was scheduled to take the test on April 1, 2020. That means if everything ran at the pre-Pandemic pace my application would've very likely been finalized within a year, barring any problems or delays, of course.

I wish this never happened. My only hope is that the vaccination rollout gets expedited and IRCC finally resumes in-person services.
Did you send a webform to IRCC already? I understand that most of the cancelled test applicants from March 2020 were already re-invited for the test.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Did you send a webform to IRCC already? I understand that most of the cancelled test applicants from March 2020 were already re-invited for the test.
Yeah, I just sent one last week, and I'm hoping for the best. If you don't mind my asking; how do you know that most people whose test was cancelled in March 2020 received new test invitations?

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Yeah, I just sent one last week, and I'm hoping for the best. If you don't mind my asking; how do you know that most people whose test was cancelled in March 2020 received new test invitations?
Really? I never got mine! Maybe I should do the webform as well..

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Looks like our wait will go on for several more endless years ... The union still clings to code 699 ... + They say implicitly in the same FAQ document that the federal employee can refuse the vaccine ...
This document is dated April 1.

Look here :

http://psacunion.ca/your-rights-work-vaccinations-and-covid-19

An extract :

psacunion said:
With stricter public health orders in some jurisdictions, will Treasury Board continue their current 699 policy requiring members to use their own leave and only get 699 after all other options have been exhausted?
Treasury Board has given no indication they plan to rescind their regressive and discriminatory changes to the 699 leave policy. As of November 9, 2020, Treasury Board updated its guidance regarding the use of Other paid leave (699 leave). Based on this, 699 leave is being considered:

• on a case-by-case basis;
  • after all options have been explored for remote work, flexible work hours or alternate work; and
  • other relevant paid leave, available through collective agreements or terms and conditions of employment, such as vacation or sick leave has been used (where appropriate).
It may be helpful to determine if your employer has issued any additional updates or guidance on how it processes 699 leave in your workplace.

PSAC has filed several policy grievances with Treasury Board, CFIA, and other agencies for restricting the use of 699 leave for its members during the COVID-19 pandemic. Forcing federal public service workers to exhaust all their paid leave before being able to access 699 leave is discriminatory as it disproportionately impacts marginalized groups who have been hit the hardest by the pandemic. This includes women, racialized employees, workers with disabilities, and public service workers with family obligations.

PSAC is committed to ensuring that all our members, and especially women, caregivers, racialized workers and workers with disabilities, continue to have the necessary support and leave with pay they need during the pandemic.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Looks like our wait will go on for several more endless years ... The union still clings to code 699 ... + They say implicitly in the same FAQ document that the federal employee can refuse the vaccine ...
This document is dated April 1.

Look here :

http://psacunion.ca/your-rights-work-vaccinations-and-covid-19

An extract :
Well, no one should be forced to take the vaccine. But, not taking the vaccine shouldn't allow you stay home indefinitely. Why do they keep looking for loopholes?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I'm wondering if this is going to delay current applications as IRCC will be rushing towards meeting their SLA:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/service-fee-act-remissions-policy-2021.html
We should all just get refunds since the Liberals promised to remove the fees in the first place. :/ It took 17 months for my application to be completed.... of course they announce this now. I'm hoping for future applications it means a faster processing time.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....