+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Not sure anyone's noticed the change on IRCC site. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there yesterday (might be wrong though), but when you are trying to log in to check the status they are now displaying a range of dates showing applications they are currently "finalizing" and the dates showing today are... Mar 03-09 2019... So they seem to have started setting the mood for this disco party... gloomy disco party... Covering their butts as much as they can... Hate to be saying that, but that is nothing more than butt covering. The 12 months average wait (which tended to be closer to 6 rather than 12) has magically turned into 24 months average wait, i.e. 80% of applications were finalized within that time period... hip hip hurray, oh, sorry wrong place for that...

Last edited:

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Not sure anyone's noticed the change on IRCC site. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there yesterday (might be wrong though), but when you are trying to log in to check the status they are now showing a range of dates showing applications they are currently "finalizing" and the dates showing today are... Mar 03-09 2019... So they seem to have started setting the mood for this disco party... gloomy disco party... Covering their butts as much as they can... Hate to be saying that, but that is nothing more than butt covering. The 12 months average wait (which tended to be closer to 6 rather than 12) has magically turned into 24 months average wait, i.e. 80% of applications were finalized within that time period... hip hip hurray, oh, sorry wrong place for that...
is it in ECAS status page?

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
So... By the time some people currently having their Cship applications active with IRCC will get sworn in as new Canadians they won't even be able to vote for/against Trudeau's government (and Mendicino being part of it) as they will have been gone from their posts by then... Justin Pierre James Trudeau and Co just isn't proving to be the leader he was meant to be, I'm afraid. Promises... promises... more promises... fail... fail... epic fail...
On the bright side of things though... maybe they will figure out how to work using PC's and not blood signed papyrus... and we'll get to be the lab mice for that great advancement in Govt tech...

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
This mean +12 to 18 months more. Unbelievably slow. Im surprised they processing that little?! March 3 to march 9.

how many applications across the country could be received in 6 days?? And how many can be processed at the same time?
Every time i promise myself to not look at this forum , just to be able to live without anxiety. This will take so long. Back to break again

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
This mean +12 to 18 months more. Unbelievably slow. Im surprised they processing that little?! March 3 to march 9.

how many applications across the country could be received in 6 days?? And how many can be processed at the same time?
Every time i promise myself to not look at this forum , just to be able to live without anxiety. This will take so long. Back to break again
Wow. This means a delay of > 1 years for everyone. And I agree, I have been trying to avoid the FB groups & this forum just because of this because I get anxiety & stress.

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Oh my god I just saw that too! I applied March 2020. Was getting some hope because of some people receiving invites from 2020 January/February and even a few from March. I even studied for the test(finally got some motivation to do it as it’s so demotivating that I may get invite tomorrow or months later!) and almost finished the book. So what is that supposed to mean? One more year??!! While so many from December 2020 are waiting for their oath???!!!

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Oh my god I just saw that too! I applied March 2020. Was getting some hope because of some people receiving invites from 2020 January/February and even a few from March. I even studied for the test(finally got some motivation to do it as it’s so demotivating that I may get invite tomorrow or months later!) and almost finished the book. So what is that supposed to mean? One more year??!! While so many from December 2020 are waiting for their oath???!!!
Not necessarily 1 year. Chances are if they don't improve their churn rate 8 out of 10 routine applicants will have their cases finalized in a year from now (UP and non-routine excluded), 2 out of 10 routine will still be waiting beyond that point. So again mathematically your chances of getting a test invite before 1 year has passed are higher than getting the lucky Encore set for $70M on a Friday LottoMax draw. Just trying to find a bright side here :)

• Haha
Reactions: calgary1991

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
While this is all discouraging news, there was nothing else to expect from this government. Pure and plain incompetence and corruption. Countless examples of this incompetence and corruption with the WE scandal and the current delays in the vaccination drive and vaccination contracts prime example.

It will likely take us longer than 2 or more years to reach the milestone, I would urge all to not give up and make your voice heard with your MPs, the press and anyone who would listen. The Liberals are prepping for an election in 2-3 months and it is important to highlight all their incompetence.

Please also reach out to your MPs with the appropriate framing of the message which is that all this incompetence is clear and obvious to us and will not be forgotten. They are doing themselves a huge disservice by alienating thousands of future voters.

What I don’t understand is that if they are still processing March 2019 applications, what is the IRCC staff doing sitting at home? How difficult it is to review these applications and set-up a decent processing workflow (yes I know all the different excuses why they can’t work, it is almost a year now and the time for excuses is over)? All this technology and online tests are useless if they don’t have a plan to deal with the huge backlog. I think they owe us an explanation both as a taxpayer and also as someone who has paid for this specific service. Most of us gave them the benefit of the doubt over the last 4 months but it is obvious that not much progress has been made.

By the way they recently issued over 27,000 ITAs for new PRs in one draw. Does anyone understand their priorities? Refocusing resources on citizenship and family reunification and then focusing on employment based immigration would be the common sense thing to do at this time.

Reactions: Omegabyte

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Does anyone understand their priorities?
I dare to guess... IRCC has shot itself in the foot by raising the immigration target to 400K in 2021-23. Now they are feverishly trying to stick to it. Why? Well, Canada lives off immigrants. No influx = no new money = less demand and consumption = stagnation followed by a decline. PR's that are already here? Ah... who cares, the are already here and pay taxes and are not importing their monetized households from their countries of origin (they've already done that), already squeezed out on that front. Why bother?... Along those lines... Maybe a bit too exaggerated, but the gist of it is there. IMO, not pretending to know for a fact.

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Not necessarily 1 year. Chances are if they don't improve their churn rate 8 out of 10 routine applicants will have their cases finalized in a year from now (UP and non-routine excluded), 2 out of 10 routine will still be waiting beyond that point. So again mathematically your chances of getting a test invite before 1 year has passed are higher than getting the lucky Encore set for $70M on a Friday LottoMax draw. Just trying to find a bright side here :)
I am laughing but kinda like “hysterically”, you know the laugh that bursts right before a nerve breakdown, that one.. Seriously though, I don’t know what to say anymore. This is not being tired or anything, this is just too much. Sick of so many things including checking my e-mail countless times everyday starting from the moment I wake up. Tomorrow it’s gonna be exactly one year..

• Sad
Reactions: chs

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I am laughing but kinda like “hysterically”, you know the laugh that bursts right before a nerve breakdown, that one.. Seriously though, I don’t know what to say anymore. This is not being tired or anything, this is just too much. Sick of so many things including checking my e-mail countless times everyday starting from the moment I wake up. Tomorrow it’s gonna be exactly one year..
And those politicians are telling us that modern society has a problem living their life in gadgets while physically dragging people into them, eh? ;)

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
So.. optimistically, being April 2020 applicant, expectation is around April 2022 (optimistic) or September 2022 ( 80% chance ) .. No words!!! Atleast, This clears my doubt that I should renew my PR card.

Last edited:

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Hello friends,

I just saw the new unpleasant delays posted on the ircc website recently ... The masquerade of vacancy code 699 has gone on long enough ...

We must make noise and lobying, contact our deputies, the press, etc ... To force them to devote more resources to the processing of requests, prioritize ircc employees for vaccines, and resume the work for which they are graciously paid with our taxes to all! ...

Here is the last message from the Honorable A.U, the lead of the lobby group:
A.U said:
#Clear_Citizenship_Backlog
Citizenship grant has now become a nightmare and an extremely chocked system for a huge number of applicants. There was a backlog of ~100,000 applicants back in December 2020. Who knows what it is now?
We waited a year for this online test system to build and sadly this system served no alleviation (even after the pilot run). I know so many people who have already waited TWICE the normal time frame and their applications have been barely touched !
Your time and suffering should not depend on which office you applied at or to hear that they have sent invites to only ~7% so far. and whatever happens to the line after taking the test ?
Collectively we should and would exercise all options , Twitter , media , complains , demonstrations (once feasible) to bring attention towards this extreme negligence !
Join hands and get this sorted out. Our Third twitter storm is on Thursday 4th Mar (search Advocates for Resumption of Canadian Citizenship Test
Thanks,
@AdvocatesCtest

Reactions: calgary1991