+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

stranger2904

Mar 1, 2021
...really? :rolleyes:
Yes, have you seen what's going on in enclaves where they live?
Have you read how much allowance they get and research stats on how badly they integrate?
Just look at Europe (France in particular) and tell me if that's the situation where you want to end up, because right now it's the direction which liberal government is taking us.
First fix the country for people who is already here and benefiting GDP, immigration is important, but it should be limited to:
1)Express entry skilled workers (highly qualified workforce)
2)International students (as without them tuition fees for domestic students will be higher)

If they want to help other people - make a fund where each Canadian/PR can contribute for tax deduction.
Use this fund to pay and support refugees, if refugee fails to integrate into the society within 36 months - send them back.
It's enough time for people who really want to stay here to learn language and find at least a minimum wage job.

Reactions: blingyrie

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Let's not start another holy war... You are 100% right that IRCC is not doing what they are supposed to within the timelines and in the manner expected. I would, however, not throw people in baskets of "deserve" or "not deserve". Or otherwise there will always be someone in front of you who is a bit better, brighter and paid more taxes within the period or applied a day earlier :) All people are different, all have different situations. What has to be done rather sooner than later is IRCC putting their stuff together and getting on with it, everyone including myself is somewhat tired and irritated with this soap opera called "We are very sorry, understaffed and working on more important issues". For them it's got to be a sequel called "Better fast than sorry"

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Yes, have you seen what's going on in enclaves where they live?
Have you read how much allowance they get and research stats on how badly they integrate?
Just look at Europe (France in particular) and tell me if that's the situation where you want to end up, because right now it's the direction which liberal government is taking us.
First fix the country for people who is already here and benefiting GDP, immigration is important, but it should be limited to:
1)Express entry skilled workers (highly qualified workforce)
2)International students (as without them tuition fees for domestic students will be higher)

If they want to help other people - make a fund where each Canadian/PR can contribute for tax deduction.
Use this fund to pay and support refugees, if refugee fails to integrate into the society within 36 months - send them back.
It's enough time for people who really want to stay here to learn language and find at least a minimum wage job.
Are you complaining about the citizenship process being slow or complaining about refugees being here ? Which one it is I am confused. I am a protected person working here since day one never got any help from government and working as a field engineer right now just did my tax returned and paid more than 25K this year more than you did. Don't assume all refugees are lazy or wait for government for help, by the way I can speak English and French. So keep your complain where it needed and better not assume that all refugees live on government or tax payer money. You are not even a citizen yet but you are already excluding others from this society.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Hello, are there any templates/petitions which could be sent to local MPs and involved cabinet ministers?
And going back to the original question, yes there are a couple of templates floating around. I'm sure there is at least one in this thread. However, they are mostly about inquiring applicant's status rather than anything else. Depending on the message and wording it might be wise to just put together your own. Up2U

stranger2904

Mar 1, 2021
Sure, but how can we make sure that our voice heard?
It's a very Canadian approach of being nice and don't express frustration about something.
The sad thing is that we can not be nice to Goverment/IRCC as they don't treat us fairly.
We have to confront them and wake them up. If each applicant sends a paper letter to MP, IRCC officials they will have to react and do something.

stranger2904

Mar 1, 2021
Are you complaining about the citizenship process being slow or complaining about refugees being here ? Which one it is I am confused. I am a protected person working here since day one never got any help from government and working as a field engineer right now just did my tax returned and paid more than 25K this year more than you did. Don't assume all refugees are lazy or wait for government for help, by the way I can speak English and French. So keep your complain where it needed and better not assume that all refugees live on government or tax payer money. You are not even a citizen yet but you are already excluding others from this society.
I'm complaining that process is slow because federal tax money are not spend where they should be, and IRCC has their priorities not where they should be.
At least with provincial tax I can see there it's going.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Sure, but how can we make sure that our voice heard?
It's a very Canadian approach of being nice and don't express frustration about something.
The sad thing is that we can not be nice to Goverment/IRCC as they don't treat us fairly.
We have to confront them and wake them up. If each applicant sends a paper letter to MP, IRCC officials they will have to react and do something.
Well, at this point I believe any and all petitions to this effect would be better sent out to Trudeau and O'Toole, copying your MP and a media person (there's a Kathleen smth who works in the Parliament as press and is writing on immigration issues). That would probably have all the concerned members who can actually do smth instead of blah-blah-blah-ing about staff shortages and the pandemic. Mendicino is running this circus, but it's gotten a bit beyond the laughing point already, so directing petitions to him would only result in another nice press-release on how bravely IRCC is handling the bottleneck. Everyone here has seen that happening on at least 2 occasions. My IMO anyways

Reactions: carol90

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I'm complaining that process is slow because federal tax money are not spend where they should be, and IRCC has their priorities not where they should be.
Then you assumed federal taxes are spent only on refugees? What about federal employees staying home and using code 699 to get their full salaries and benefits? You didn't say anything about that oh I know they aren't refugees so they can use tax payer money as they wish and no one should say a word. Look we are all frustrated about how slow this process is let's us focus on the problem and not attacking each other here.

Reactions: piotrqc

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Loving the length of time IRCC is keeping the online testing in "pilot".

I am in my 20s, so based on the current pace, I reckon my great grandchild and I will study together when we get our test invites. Maybe their grandchildren will take the online test once it leaves the pilot stage.

All I can say is my future generations are set! I am optimistic that my family line will have at most one Canadian by 2502 :D

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Here's contact detailsn:
justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca
Erin.OToole@parl.gc.ca
kathleen.harris@cbc.ca (the reporter writing on immigration)
Not sure where you reside, but trust you can figure out your MP contact details
I would again urge you (should you decide to send the message up the ladder) to not confuse citizenship application and any and all other issues that IRCC is dealing with. You are not the one to judge who deserves what. Be concise on the matter and good luck! I'd probably also copy Mendicino so that the message doesn't just get routed to IRCC for further comments.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hello friends.

Here are the latest developments, directly from the lead of the preassure group, the very admirable '' A.U '':
Here's contact detailsn:
justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca
Erin.OToole@parl.gc.ca
kathleen.harris@cbc.ca (the reporter writing on immigration)
Not sure where you reside, but trust you can figure out your MP contact details
I would again urge you (should you decide to send the message up the ladder) to not confuse citizenship application and any and all other issues that IRCC is dealing with. You are not the one to judge who deserves what. Be concise on the matter and good luck! I'd probably also copy Mendicino so that the message doesn't just get routed to IRCC for further comments.
The media have actually been doing a great job reporting on IRCC processing delays recently, so I'm genuinely convinced that our concerns are beginning to get some much-needed attention.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
The media have actually been doing a great job reporting on IRCC processing delays recently, so I'm genuinely convinced that our concerns are beginning to get some much-needed attention.
Given that Dec 2020 Online applicants are getting test invites 2.5 months after making application, I'm not inclined to agree.

When I see someone from IRCC apologizing on the news and I get my grossly overdue test invite, I'll agree with you then.

Reactions: chs and calgary1991

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Given that Dec 2020 Online applicants are getting test invites 2.5 months after making application, I'm not inclined to agree.

When I see someone from IRCC apologizing on the news and I get my grossly overdue test invite, I'll agree with you then.
Media definitely needs to question the time discrepancy to test invites between paper based & online applications.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020

Hey... I've communicated with someone on this Forum who has EXACTLY the same timeline as mine, lives in Vancouver (just like me), and who just happened to be one of the lucky few to get chosen as part of the online test pilot. That applicant received his Citizenship Certificate just last month. So, I sympathize with your frustration and the feeling of receiving unfair treatment. But at least the media is shining a light on the fact that tens of thousands of lives are in limbo and families around the world are being separated because of IRCC'S sluggish processing times.

We have no choice but to remain proactive and stay strong.