13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
I am in the same boat.
Test Date : Oct 10, 2018
Waiting for decision made and oath.
Officer told me that my file has been submitted for security clearance on July 17, 2018 and usually it takes 3-6 months. 6 months have passed now and I still see IP.
After the test also they have security clearance ?

Ziad S.

Dec 12, 2014
I guess i'm in the same boat as everyone else who is waiting for their check to be done, after finishing the citizenship test.

I was told that no concerns with my application, however still waiting on the security check, and he also mentioned its not done by CIC, but I think he said it's done by CSIS. I did my test in May and still waiting. So what I was told is that it might take for the check few days up to months, and vice versa for CIC if the check is done early.

What I don't get is that I turned 18 while living in Canada, and never worked or lived permanently in any other country after that; and been living here for almost the past 14 years.

I will hit my one year processing time period in Nov. and still waiting. I also check, every few days, my application status online and still no change, in process.

I applied in Ottawa, anyone applied in Ontario and went through the same scenario so far ?
I see people who took the test after, passed and got invited already to the ceremony.

Last edited:

Civil engg

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Today I did my test/interview and was told by the officer that no concerns with my application but waiting for CSIS security check and they got my RCMP checks done. Officer said that it adds about a month or so in the over all process time of the application. As soon. As they receive it they will call me for oath.
Any one in this forum know what is the average time after the interview for oath if CSIS security is still pending?

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Today I did my test/interview and was told by the officer that no concerns with my application but waiting for CSIS security check and they got my RCMP checks done. Officer said that it adds about a month or so in the over all process time of the application. As soon. As they receive it they will call me for oath.
Any one in this forum know what is the average time after the interview for oath if CSIS security is still pending?
Do you have DM in ECAS? If yes, you'll probably get your oath invite in ~week after your test.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
I checked on Friday and My wife has DM in ECAS but me and our son (7yr old) is still showing IP.
Your son's ECAS will be in IP till oath is taken. Since your app is family app it's likely approved, but ECAS hasn't been updated yet, check again tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Reactions: Civil engg

Oct17

Jun 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have applied for citizenship in October 2017 and done with the test in March 2018, I haven’t heard anything back from CIC since then.
I have MP office following up with my file and the recent information I received recently is that , the security is in progress and under review.
I have also ordered GCMS recently and it does mention a note from the agent that the status has to be manually changed to under review.
It’s been under review since March 2019.

Would really appreciate if you can provide some information as to what exactly it means and how long does a file stays under review ? Does this also mean that the security is done and under review ?

Thanks

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have applied for citizenship in October 2017 and done with the test in March 2018, I haven’t heard anything back from CIC since then.
I have MP office following up with my file and the recent information I received recently is that , the security is in progress and under review.
I have also ordered GCMS recently and it does mention a note from the agent that the status has to be manually changed to under review.
It’s been under review since March 2019.

Would really appreciate if you can provide some information as to what exactly it means and how long does a file stays under review ? Does this also mean that the security is done and under review ?

Thanks
You could probably try to get ATIP from CSIS. It is not very useful in general though, but it can tell if they have completed the checks or not. If they have completed the checks, I guess you should expect to hear from ircc soon.

On the Ircc ATIP what’s the status of your file? In the “note” section, does it mention which office is reviewing your case? Have you seen any recent historical update in the ATIP?

As your MP mentioned that the case in under review, there is a high chance that they have received the checks from csis but now ircc is reviewing the checks.

Oct17

Jun 6, 2019
In the IRCC ATIP the status is OPEN, this is from the ATIP that was generated back in April 2019.

In the notes section the office is, ‘Case Review, Citizenship and Immigration’.

Also, in the Text section of the Notes the Officer mentions that “he has to manually update the status to ‘Under Review’ as the GCMS glitch prevented the clearance from passing in the system as per information from partners.”

Any explanation to the information will be appreciated.

Thanks

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
In the IRCC ATIP the status is OPEN, this is from the ATIP that was generated back in April 2019.

In the notes section the office is, ‘Case Review, Citizenship and Immigration’.

Also, in the Text section of the Notes the Officer mentions that “he has to manually update the status to ‘Under Review’ as the GCMS glitch prevented the clearance from passing in the system as per information from partners.”

Any explanation to the information will be appreciated.

Thanks
As I have seen in a couple of other cases "Case Review, Citizenship and Immigration" is dealing with reviewing the delayed cases due to clearances that is different from the local office. As the ATIP note also shows that I guess your clearances are complete and waiting the local office to review the results to notify you. I think the glitch did not notify the local office automatically and now they have changed it to under review manually that they can finally review. I hope you are hearing back from them soon.

Reactions: free_palestinian

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Hi guys iam joining this thread too...me and my spouse had our test on Aug 15, after test officer said we are waiting for fp results for spouse and security clearance for you. Once we have them we will send you email for oath.
Office - calgary.
March 2019 application was sent.
Hopefully everything happens as soon as possible for all of us

Oct17

Jun 6, 2019
As I have seen in a couple of other cases "Case Review, Citizenship and Immigration" is dealing with reviewing the delayed cases due to clearances that is different from the local office. As the ATIP note also shows that I guess your clearances are complete and waiting the local office to review the results to notify you. I think the glitch did not notify the local office automatically and now they have changed it to under review manually that they can finally review. I hope you are hearing back from them soon.

How long does a file stay under review ?mine was from March 2019

Muhammad_Iqra

Aug 29, 2019
I just finished my citizenship test yesterday. During the interview, the lady told me that they still haven't got my security clearance yet. I asked her how long would that take. She said "5 months because of a huge backlog". Does everyone experience that or is this just me? My impression is that the whole process after citizenship test is fairly fast.

Thank you!
Can you please update if you got your Oath invitation.

Thanks

Mike321

Dec 2, 2019
What I don’t understand is, how come the time it takes could be so massively different for the same person’s PR and citizenship ? Does that mean one of them wasn’t done right ?
Both are done right for sure, but the consequences of giving the PR to someone with criminal background are less risky than Citizenship, that's why they go very deep in the security clearance when it comes to grant citizenship and that explains the delay. Especially with the Bill C6 that prevent the government from revoking the citizenship from a dual citizens convicted with spying and/or terrorism.
It's like having to decide to have a girlfriend or marry her, most people will find it way easier to go out with a girl versus marrying her.