Unfortunately it's actually just a circular definition - files that take longer are non-routine, because they take longer.I am wondering how do they decide if your application is non-routine? Like what factors? My application was pretty straightforward and most of people here too.
I am baffled that system is so absurd.
There are multiple factors for one to get non-routine tag. Name, country of origin, country of residence before immigration. Of course not all are flagged but there is a % that goes in that pool. May be AI driven tool marks some applications for any such flags. All in all 2 to 3 years are wasted. I really wonder if there is any real findings that are madeUnfortunately it's actually just a circular definition - files that take longer are non-routine, because they take longer.
I'm saying something a bit different: that "non-routine" is simply their name for the files that go belong some period of time. It's non-routine because it's gone too long. Why has it gone too long? It's non-routine.There are multiple factors for one to get non-routine tag. Name, country of origin, country of residence before immigration. Of course not all are flagged but there is a % that goes in that pool. May be AI driven tool marks some applications for any such flags. All in all 2 to 3 years are wasted. I really wonder if there is any real findings that are made
Go for Mandamus5 years delayed on my PR application. Stuck at security check. My OWP is attached to the public policy expiring at the end of the year and still have no clear direction
Can we request our background check from CSIS?I have tried the demand letter few times, since my file is stuck at the background check, IRCC can't do much in my case because it's 3rd party doing the check. The GCMS notes take less than or around 30 days if you are requesting them from CBSA, through the ATIP portal: https://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca/en/Home/Privacy . Don't request notes from IRCC as they redact bunch of information and takes longer to process them.
Same hereI am wondering how do they decide if your application is non-routine? Like what factors? My application was pretty straightforward and most of people here too.
I am baffled that system is so absurd.
CBSA or CSIS?I have tried the demand letter few times, since my file is stuck at the background check, IRCC can't do much in my case because it's 3rd party doing the check. The GCMS notes take less than or around 30 days if you are requesting them from CBSA, through the ATIP portal: https://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca/en/Home/Privacy . Don't request notes from IRCC as they redact bunch of information and takes longer to process them.
Yes, you can submit ATIP request to CSIS as well, they are known to not reply but they kind of have to under the ATIP act, if they don't reply to you within 30 days of submission you can email ATIP Commissioner of CSIS to get an update on your request.Can we request our background check from CSIS?
