+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Security Clearance

Mike321

Dec 2, 2019
Hi guys iam joining this thread too...me and my spouse had our test on Aug 15, after test officer said we are waiting for fp results for spouse and security clearance for you. Once we have them we will send you email for oath.
Office - calgary.
March 2019 application was sent.
Hopefully everything happens as soon as possible for all of us
Hi there, I also applied from Calgary on March 2019, the officer told me the same thing, but status still in process. Do you have any update?

dingdongboy

Nov 22, 2016
Hello everyone I had got fingerprints request for citizenship which i had submitted a month ago. ANy idea hiw many weeks or months will it take for them to send me test invite ?

Mike321

Dec 2, 2019
Hello everyone I had got fingerprints request for citizenship which i had submitted a month ago. ANy idea hiw many weeks or months will it take for them to send me test invite ?
You should receive the test soon, if there's no long wait list. After the test you should receive the oath invitation within 1 month, if you are not from the middle east.

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Hi there, I also applied from Calgary on March 2019, the officer told me the same thing, but status still in process. Do you have any update?
No, iam still waiting too....status still in process

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
You should receive the test soon, if there's no long wait list. After the test you should receive the oath invitation within 1 month, if you are not from the middle east.
What do you mean by if your not from the middle east?.... does it take forever if your from there?....

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Yes, like me. I did my test on September 24th 2019 and till now it's still in process.
Same, did test on Aug 15, still waiting for oath, in process ECAS

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
No update as of today still in process

Mike321

Dec 2, 2019
No update as of today still in process[/QUOTE
Sorry for the question but are you from the middle east? because I'm from the middle east and would like to know if they do security clearance only with middle eastern or it doesn't matter.

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Iam not from middle east, but I have lived in Qatar for last 14 years. So basically my security check would be done from there I guess.

Reactions: Mike321

Momoazk

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys. Does the fingerprinting has to be done from within Canada or can it be done from back home country if you’re there during that certain period?

my4real

Oct 29, 2019
Hi guys. Does the fingerprinting has to be done from within Canada or can it be done from back home country if you’re there during that certain period?

Hello guys,

I have been waiting for my oath letter and decision made after my citizenship test/interview on the 28th of October in Calgary.

How long should I wait or what can I do?
What’s the process of ATIP?

Mike321

Dec 2, 2019
You could probably try to get ATIP from CSIS. It is not very useful in general though, but it can tell if they have completed the checks or not. If they have completed the checks, I guess you should expect to hear from ircc soon.

On the Ircc ATIP what’s the status of your file? In the “note” section, does it mention which office is reviewing your case? Have you seen any recent historical update in the ATIP?

As your MP mentioned that the case in under review, there is a high chance that they have received the checks from csis but now ircc is reviewing the checks.
You are only allowed to get ATIP from CIC and not CS
Hello guys,

I have been waiting for my oath letter and decision made after my citizenship test/interview on the 28th of October in Calgary.

How long should I wait or what can I do?
What’s the process of ATIP?
It could take up to a year. according to CSIS.