+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Security Clearance

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
You are only allowed to get ATIP from CIC and not CS

This is absolutely *not true* that you cannot get ATIP notes from CSIS. As a matter of fact I got two ATIP notes from CSIS. You don't believe that? Checking that is extremely easy... just go to ATIP website and select CSIS. I do not know why people telling things to the others if they are not sure about it...

Reactions: my4real

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
My security clearance took 1 year 4 months to pass. lol
Hey, I don’t meant to be intrusive, but would you want to share any other details about why it took this long?
Some one else also asked about your long CSIS interview, hence the question. I’m an Indian citizen, who spent close to two decades in the Middle East before moving to Canada.
My wife and children have their oath next week (they applied in Oct 2018). I applied in Apr 2019 and file is IP since Aug 14, 2019, so don’t know what to expect and when. Thanks.

my4real

Oct 29, 2019
Hey, I don’t meant to be intrusive, but would you want to share any other details about why it took this long?
Some one else also asked about your long CSIS interview, hence the question. I’m an Indian citizen, who spent close to two decades in the Middle East before moving to Canada.
My wife and children have their oath next week (they applied in Oct 2018). I applied in Apr 2019 and file is IP since Aug 14, 2019, so don’t know what to expect and when. Thanks.
I think it depends on the country of origin

my4real

Oct 29, 2019
This is absolutely *not true* that you cannot get ATIP notes from CSIS. As a matter of fact I got two ATIP notes from CSIS. You don't believe that? Checking that is extremely easy... just go to ATIP website and select CSIS. I do not know why people telling things to the others if they are not sure about it...
How many days does it takes to get a reply?

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Hi there, I also applied from Calgary on March 2019, the officer told me the same thing, but status still in process. Do you have any update?
Hi,
Just to let you know, I got my oath invitation yesterday, it's in March.

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
How long was your security checks? What is your country of origin?
This is really variable. Many cases can take only a couple of months since your file goes in process. For those, the checks are usually complete by the interview date. That's why you can see decision made right after the interview for many people (I am assuming all other checks are OK). But for some others it can take months. This is the case for people who are told in the interview that your security checks are not complete yet (I guess, unfortunately, this is the case for people from certain countries in the Middle East). The longest I remember from the people who are reporting it on this forum was 19 months since "in process" date.

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
How long was your security checks? What is your country of origin?
I did my exam on Aug 15,2019 and at the interview we were told (me and my husband) that they are waiting for security clearance.
Jan 20,2020 Decision was made and Jan 22, got the oath invitation.
Our security check was from Qatar I guess that's where we came from and have lived for 12 years.

my4real

Oct 29, 2019
Congratulations my friend, all the best !
Hello,

I need urgent help. My application has been on security check since October 2019. Now, I got a job in the united state and I need my passport to be able to get a TN visa. I told the company I was Canadian citizen otherwise, they won’t sponsor or offer me a job. What should I do? Will I be able to request for urgent processing?

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hello,

I need urgent help. My application has been on security check since October 2019. Now, I got a job in the united state and I need my passport to be able to get a TN visa. I told the company I was Canadian citizen otherwise, they won’t sponsor or offer me a job. What should I do? Will I be able to request for urgent processing?
Unfortunately, 'security checks' is one of those things that IRCC has no control over and until the checks are complete, IRCC cannot make a decision. But you could still try... The company should also include a letter that this job needs the citizenship.

my4real

Oct 29, 2019
Unfortunately, 'security checks' is one of those things that IRCC has no control over and until the checks are complete, IRCC cannot make a decision. But you could still try... The company should also include a letter that this job needs the citizenship.
Ok thanks. I will call them to check