+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child born to a Canadian Citizen outside Canada

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arif Siddiqi said:
I think they are not fullfilling the residency obligation (730 days) in the past five years. I need to ask If I apply for their citizenship certificate after two years from now keeping the fact they are living with me (as I am Canadian Citizen). Will that be good enough for fulfill the requirements of RO.

Regards
Arif
Yes, if their PR was never officially revoked, they will meet the RO again after they have spent 2 years living with a Canadian citizen parent outside Canada. As long as they are minors.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Arif Siddiqi said:
I think they are not fullfilling the residency obligation (730 days) in the past five years. I need to ask If I apply for their citizenship certificate after two years from now keeping the fact they are living with me (as I am Canadian Citizen). Will that be good enough for fulfill the requirements of RO.

Regards
Arif

Applying for "Citizenship" and applying for " Citizenship Certificate" are two totally different things.

You can apply for Citizenship for you kids if they are eligible (i.e. valid PR status) as you are a Canadian citizen now.

Application for Citizenship Certificate aka Proof of Citizenship is for people who are Canadian by descent i.e. a Canadian citizen born outside Canada, to either one or both parent(s) Canadian. They might want to apply for a citizenship certificate to get the passport. This is not your case and don't confuse with each other.

Arif Siddiqi

May 23, 2014
Thanks for your reply.

All I need to know that RO days will be count if they live with me for 2 years or that is also not the case.

Regards
Arif

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
robin 107 said:
hi - im a naturalized canadian , i was married outside canada and had a child born outside canada as well, my question is i want them both in canada - should i directly sponsor them or should i apply for my childs citizenship certificate 1st then sponsor my wife-- please help!! thanz
My understanding of the rules for children born outside Canada to naturalized parents is that your child is a citizen if he or she was born after you became a naturalized Canadian citizen, so you can apply for the citizenship certificate for the child and apply to sponsor your wife at the same time (you don't need to do these applications consecutively).

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arif Siddiqi said:
Thanks for your reply.

All I need to know that RO days will be count if they live with me for 2 years or that is also not the case.

Regards
Arif
Their RO days for the PR will be counted if they are living with you outside Canada.

Rachael

Nov 16, 2014
Hi I need help asap. I am permanent resident of Canada my boyfriend is naturalize Canadian citizen our daughter was born in barbados by emergency while I was there visiting a relative so she is canadian by birth can we bring her to Canada with a barbadian passport then apply for her citizen certificate in Canada

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rachael said:
Hi I need help asap. I am permanent resident of Canada my boyfriend is naturalize Canadian citizen our daughter was born in barbados by emergency while I was there visiting a relative so she is canadian by birth can we bring her to Canada with a barbadian passport then apply for her citizen certificate in Canada
According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp if she has a passport from Barbados, she does not need a visa to fly to Canada so you can take her with you on her passport and apply for the citizenship certificate in Canada.

Rachael

Nov 16, 2014
Hi leon you shore that we can bring our daughter to Canada with a barbadian passport and that she will get entry at Canada airport. She is also canadian by birth because her father is naturalize Canadian citizen she is 4 months old. Please explain to me thank you

Rachael

Nov 16, 2014
Hi leon will our daughter citizen certificate be denied if we bring her from Barbados to Canada on a barbadian passport and apply for her citizen certificate her in Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Rachael said:
Hi leon will our daughter citizen certificate be denied if we bring her from Barbados to Canada on a barbadian passport and apply for her citizen certificate her in Canada?
She is, by law, a Canadian citizen. They will not deny her a Certificate of Citizenship.

Rachael

Nov 16, 2014
Will she be able to enter Canada on a barbadian passport with no problems at the airport? Because she is 4 months old and I am permanent resident of Canada and my boyfriend is naturalize Canadian citizen she was born in barbados when I went to visit a family there. Both parents name is on her birth certificate and on her personal child health records. Please help

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Rachael said:
Will she be able to enter Canada on a barbadian passport with no problems at the airport? Because she is 4 months old and I am permanent resident of Canada and my boyfriend is naturalize Canadian citizen she was born in barbados when I went to visit a family there. Both parents name is on her birth certificate and on her personal child health records. Please help
"Citizens of Barbados do not require a visa to enter Canada as a visitor."
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/barbados-barbade/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng

Bring the birth certificate with you, obviously, but it should be smooth and easy. If they do give you trouble, then that's when you say that she's a Canadian citizen and provide proof of both parents' citizenship because they can't deny entry to a Canadian.

Rachael

Nov 16, 2014
PLEASE HELP! Will she be able to get help in Canada after she arrives in Canada how do we get ID for her in Canada and health care do we have to apply for her citizen certificate in Canada as soon as we get here and by applying does it makes her get a government issued photo identification card here in Canada?

Rachael

Nov 16, 2014
Rachael said:
Hi leon you shore that we can bring our daughter to Canada with a barbadian passport and that she will get entry at Canada airport. She is also canadian by birth because her father is naturalize Canadian citizen she is 4 months old. Please explain to me thank you