+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child born to a Canadian Citizen outside Canada

immigca

Oct 24, 2014
nike5 said:
no they did not say anything. they should have atleast told me what to to do. i sent my sons docs long time back to london. even the family chart they sent me to fill out with ppr 1 i did put my son. but nothing. they should have atleast made his travel doc and send it along. as far as i know no many people go for that limited validity passport for the child. if that was the case they should have told me. it does not say on cic web either.

i have emailed london lets see what they say. i was expecting some doc with my wife passport so the child can travel or some endorsement on my wifes passport but nothing and no comment from them. thats y its irritating.

you know whats pissing me off is that i came to pak to get my family and i have 15 days left to go back. if they push me to make his passport thats another month.
so im hoping london will send some docs for him to travel.

Looks like calcification is finally asked... sucks! so much for filing on your own....

nike5 said:
i applied on my own. by the grace of Allah no mistake in the forms, no calcification asked. and now ready for visa. waiting for passports now..inshallah i get them back soon.

just fill it up on your own. make sure there is no mistake. usually files are stuck if there is a mistake or calcification is asked. you know if LVO ask you for even one thing, that puts your file on hold for at least 2 months. Lawyers since they have experience they dont make mistakes in filling up forms and they get through smoothly, but not necessarily, there are people who got through lawyers and are stuck. no Lawyer will guarantee you of the time frame in which it will be processed. so SAVE 2000 BUCkS AND STUDY EVERYTHING YOURSELF.

AW23

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad NOW LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 April 2012
Doc's Request.
24 May 2014
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
30 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
8 Sep 2014
Passport Req..
26 Sep 2014, Sent:oct 27, Rcvd: nov 6, 14
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 30, 2014
Hello. I just got the visa and my baby rcvd canadian temporary passport with 2 years validity. Now can we travel over it? or is there anything left to do after getting the baby's passport?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
AW23 said:
Hello. I just got the visa and my baby rcvd canadian temporary passport with 2 years validity. Now can we travel over it? or is there anything left to do after getting the baby's passport?
You can travel.

t66

Nov 11, 2014
My daughter is 6 years old, and hasn't applied citizenship certificate or any id yet. Can she apply temporary passport, and apply citizenship certificate after coming to Canada? if not, can she apply passport and citizenship certificate at the same time? or must she wait till get citizenship certificate first? is "need id to go to school" a good reason for urgent processing? thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
t66 said:
My daughter is 6 years old, and hasn't applied citizenship certificate or any id yet. Can she apply temporary passport, and apply citizenship certificate after coming to Canada? if not, can she apply passport and citizenship certificate at the same time? or must she wait till get citizenship certificate first? is "need id to go to school" a good reason for urgent processing? thanks.
As far as I know, temporary passports are only issued in consulates with proof of urgent travel for children under 2. Children older than 2 can get facilitation visas under the same circumstances. If you apply for a citizenship certificate after arriving in Canada, it will take around 6 months. You could try to request urgent processing on the basis that she needs to be enrolled in school.

Arif Siddiqi

May 23, 2014
Hi

I became naturalized Canadian citizen this year. I have two kids born 2006 and 2008 respectively outside Canada. I want to know can I apply for them for citizenship certificate.

Please help me in this regards.

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Arif Siddiqi said:
Hi

I became naturalized Canadian citizen this year. I have two kids born 2006 and 2008 respectively outside Canada. I want to know can I apply for them for citizenship certificate.

Please help me in this regards.

Regards
Are they permanent residents? They need to become permanent residents first - then they will be able to apply for citizenship. Since they were born before you became a citizen, then can't just apply for citizenship certificates directly.

Arif Siddiqi

May 23, 2014
Thanks scylla for your response.

They are Canadian residents already and have PR. But they are living outside Canada these days. That's why I asked the question. One child PR card has expired and other child PR is still valid.

Please help in this context.

Regards

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Arif Siddiqi said:

They are Canadian residents already and have PR. But they are living outside Canada these days. That's why I asked the question. One child PR card has expired and other child PR is still valid.

Regards
There are quite a few of us wondering this same exact thing. I'm planning to email the director of the Sydney NS location and ask him directly, since that is where they handle the naturalization of PR children of Canadian citizens. I won't be doing that until after my family finishes the PR process and lands. We're presently in queue waiting for SA.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Arif Siddiqi said:

Regards
You can apply for the children for Canadian citizenship, however they need to maintain their PR status in order to qualify for Canadian citizenship.

Screech339

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
screech339 said:
You can apply for the children for Canadian citizenship, however they need to maintain their PR status in order to qualify for Canadian citizenship.

Screech339
I didn't even think to ask if he was living with his kids outside of Canada to help maintain their PR status, or if he's in Canada and they're living outside Canada. Those are two completely different scenarios...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
saria1 said:
I didn't even think to ask if he was living with his kids outside of Canada to help maintain their PR status, or if he's in Canada and they're living outside Canada. Those are two completely different scenarios...
Hence the reason I mention about PR status. The children need to maintain their PR status. If one of them has expired PR card, then the child need to prove maintenance of PR status in order to get PR Travel document.

The father can apply for Canadian citizenship for them but do expect them to get RQ or delays in their application process since they are not currently living in Canada.

Screech339

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arif Siddiqi said:
If they are living with me, will this help maintaining PR status.

Regards
If you are a Canadian citizen, your minor children can count days spent with you outside Canada as days in Canada towards the PR residency requirement. To find out if they meet the RO, calculate how many days your children have spent in Canada in the past 5 years as well as how many days they spent with you outside Canada AFTER you gained citizenship. If they have 730 days, they meet the RO.

Arif Siddiqi

May 23, 2014
I think they are not fullfilling the residency obligation (730 days) in the past five years. I need to ask If I apply for their citizenship certificate after two years from now keeping the fact they are living with me (as I am Canadian Citizen). Will that be good enough for fulfill the requirements of RO.

Regards
Arif