+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child born to a Canadian Citizen outside Canada

RGJ83

Feb 28, 2019
Is ur certificate reached the embessy ?
Mine sent to embessy from cic on feb 27. Still waiting.
The embassy advised me to send passport application and also request for temporary passport when they called to inform me that the certificate is on it's way to them.....I advise the Consular assistant on the date we will be travelling and he indicated we will have temporary passport by then (two weeks from today)..... Wasnt your certificate send to your father via Express as informed by your MP

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
The High Commission send the samples to Genetrack and it was recieved on the 25th Feb., 2019.
On the 27th Feb., 2019 we received the results and same was submitted by Genetrack to CIC. Results show a he is the biological father and the probability is greater than 99.999999%.

Sushail please confirm it was the same steps with your process.

Now I guess is to wait for to see status changes to DM. Sushail had DM just over a week so I'm keeping my finger crossed.
My intuition was right. They are requiring paternity dna test as suggested by the philippine embassy. Learned though the gcms notes i requested. No official communication from ircc yet. Based on your timelines, i should expect dna request from ircc between October to December 2019. Fingers crossed.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hello @Suhails660 and @RJG83, i applied outside canada and only learned that dna is requested via the gcms notes. My application was sent to program supoort. My application is just 4 months.

How long did it take before u received the request for dna? I am planning to send them webform coz i am very much worried to wait two long years between ircc's correspondence of "acknowledgment of receipt" and "request of dna".