+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child born to a Canadian Citizen outside Canada

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Hey guys....Has anyone in this group done a Paternity test as requested after proof of citizenship application was submitted?
1. I got DNA request on 15 Jan. 2. My dad gave DNA Samples in canada on 20 Jan. 3. Me and my Mom gave DNA Samples in india on 04 Feb. 4. Then All the samples reached at laboratory in canada on 06 Feb. My father received the DNA Report on 20 Feb in canada. Result is "Practically proven to be the biological father" and the percentage is 99.99996%. Then, it was reached to CPC Sydney. Yesterday, finally I got "Decision made".

Reactions: RGJ83

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
1. I got DNA request on 15 Jan. 2. My dad gave DNA Samples in canada on 20 Jan. 3. Me and my Mom gave DNA Samples in india on 04 Feb. 4. Then All the samples reached at laboratory in canada on 06 Feb. My father received the DNA Report on 20 Feb in canada. Result is "Practically proven to be the biological father" and the percentage is 99.99996%. Then, it was reached to CPC Sydney. Yesterday, finally I got "Decision made".
Hi suhail. Congrats again.

Can u help me understand what happened after cic emailed u requesting for dna test?

So i understand they sent u an email right and gave u a list of accredicated centers? So what was exactly the process?

1. How did you pay for the test?

2. After payment was made, Did cic sent the dna kit to your father in canada or did u advise him to visit one of the accredited testing centers in canada?

3. How about yours and your mothers dna kit? Did cic send the kit to the embassy to where u live? Ànd did embassy officers facilitate it?

4. Did the embassy sent the dna samples to cic directly?

RGJ83

Feb 28, 2019
Hi suhail. Congrats again.

Can u help me understand what happened after cic emailed u requesting for dna test?

I have gone through part of the process and Suhail might be busy so I'll provide how ours was carried out.

So i understand they sent u an email right and gave u a list of accredicated centers? So what was exactly the process?

After the request for DNA via email and the list of accredited DNA centers are provided on the 6th Dec., 2018 ; my husband contacted Genetrack Biolabs and forward the letter from CIC to them.

1. How did you pay for the test?

It was paid with credit card

2. After payment was made, Did cic sent the dna kit to your father in canada or did u advise him to visit one of the accredited testing centers in canada?

After payments were made, within a day we received schedule for my husband DNA sample collection . He visited a lab in Mississauga as specified by Genetrack.

3. How about yours and your mothers dna kit? Did cic send the kit to the embassy to where u live? Ànd did embassy officers facilitate it?

We live in St Lucia and there's no Canadian representative here . The lab would have send our kit and a request for a date from Trinidad. After waiting from the 12th December to the 23rd Jan., we finally got a date for the 22nd Feb., 2019.
We travelled to Trinidad and the sample collection was done at the High Commission by a lab personal and an immigration officer to oversee the process.

4. Did the embassy sent the dna samples to cic directly?
The High Commission send the samples to Genetrack and it was recieved on the 25th Feb., 2019.
On the 27th Feb., 2019 we received the results and same was submitted by Genetrack to CIC. Results show a he is the biological father and the probability is greater than 99.999999%.

Sushail please confirm it was the same steps with your process.

Now I guess is to wait for to see status changes to DM. Sushail had DM just over a week so I'm keeping my finger crossed.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
This thread is so informative. Thanks, you guys. I just hope that others lurking around with the same situation got something in the event they encounter the same in the future.

I am also canadian by descent born in the philippines. submitted my application to the high commission in manila on nov 28, 2018. Docs Received in sydney on dec 15, 2018. Got the AOR on Jan 28 2019. I just wanted to be ready and know what to do, just in case.

Reactions: RGJ83

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
I noticed that timeline for processing citizenship certificate for canadian by descent have been recently taking more time than usual.

RGJ83

Feb 28, 2019

Suhail did you apply for urgent processing during the process?

RGJ83

Feb 28, 2019
Quick update guys....Recd call and also email informing me the Citizenship certificate is on it's way to the Embassy.....

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Wow. Congrats! So hqppy for you. Whats the age of the applicant, again?

Mine is just AOR since January 28, 2019. Hopefully, no DNA. How much was it for again?