+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Tech Pilot

mdaako

May 27, 2017
Hello all,

I have a silly question (sorry) :(

I have 5+ years of experience under NOC4163 outside of Canada + less than 1 year NOC5241 here in Canada (the last one is accepted in the Tech Pilot). I know that to apply for the EEBC International Graduate It says that I need to meet one of the IRCC’s Express Entry programs, so I was planning to go with the Federal Skilled Workers program, since I could get more point with my 5+ year with NOC4163.

I was wondering If I need to have the same NOC used in the Tech Pilot application and the FSW one?
More specifically It would be ok to use my 5+ years as a market researcher (NOC4163) in the FSW and then apply with my less than 1 year designer experience (NOC5241) for the Tech Pilot?

Dec 13, 2019
Similar question to mdaako: does the 2 years of experience listed in a PNP Skilled Worker application then also need to be listed in the PR application under foreign work experience? Or can I leave it out to save on PR processing time since I no longer need the points for foreign experience with PNP? I know I still need to list Canadian experience to quality for CEC, but the foreign stuff I'm unsure about.

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Hi Guys, I am a newbie here. So for the Job offer, is there any specific form that my employer needed to fill out? I luckily found an employer who wanted to sponsor and support me.

I have a couple of questions though, I hope to get an answer from the community.

1. With BC PNP Tech Pilot nowhere mentioned it needed EILTS? Is that correct?
2. When let say I already submitted my application online, is there a possibility that I can work in BC under a work permit or something while I am waiting to get an invitation?

swati.ch

Jan 29, 2020
Hi

I have a clarification. I also got an ITA and need to send the response back. My employer has agree to provide most of the document except one document. Municipal business license.

My company is based out of Toronto and federally incorporated. Usually Municipal Business License is not applicable in other province as per my employer. Secondly my work location is based in Bell Office and we cannot ask bell to give a letter for their building. My employer is saying they don't have Municipal Business License in this scenario.

Should I withdraw my application, I do not want to wast $700 and also make as a PNP reject in my EE profile.

TIA, response is greatly appreciated.
Were you able to get a Municipal license? I am running into the same issue right now. My company has all the documents but not this. Please let me know how did you manage to get this document. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

adamkhang

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Were you able to get a Municipal license? I am running into the same issue right now. My company has all the documents but not this. Please let me know how did you manage to get this document. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
they will reject your application because of this missing document

adamkhang

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Hi

I have a clarification. I also got an ITA and need to send the response back. My employer has agree to provide most of the document except one document. Municipal business license.

My company is based out of Toronto and federally incorporated. Usually Municipal Business License is not applicable in other province as per my employer. Secondly my work location is based in Bell Office and we cannot ask bell to give a letter for their building. My employer is saying they don't have Municipal Business License in this scenario.

Should I withdraw my application, I do not want to wast $700 and also make as a PNP reject in my EE profile.

TIA, response is greatly appreciated.
withdraw your application or you will get a misrepresent information in your profile

swati.ch

Jan 29, 2020
Hi Guys, I am a newbie here. So for the Job offer, is there any specific form that my employer needed to fill out? I luckily found an employer who wanted to sponsor and support me.

I have a couple of questions though, I hope to get an answer from the community.

1. With BC PNP Tech Pilot nowhere mentioned it needed EILTS? Is that correct?
2. When let say I already submitted my application online, is there a possibility that I can work in BC under a work permit or something while I am waiting to get an invitation?

For question 1: Look at this link: https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/Language-tests
Language tests requirement depends on NOC skill type.

For question 2: I was working on a work permit in BC while I applied for the BC PNP program. This document might help. https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/31cf38c0-12da-4713-bba1-6dc105f2f908/BC-PNP-Tech-Pilot-FAQs-June-2018.pdf.aspx

Dec 13, 2019
I got my PNP nomination! Quick urgent question: when filling out the Express Entry application do I put 'yes' for the 'Does ____ have a job offer in Canada' question (because the PNP application depended on having a job offer even though there's no LMIA), or do I put 'no' (because I'm not getting points for the job offer in express entry and already have the 600 points)? I don't want to have my application rejected by putting 'no' if I'm supposed to put 'yes' to support the PNP.

Reactions: adamkhang

sams19

Feb 11, 2020
Hi,

Currently I am working in BC. I got the score 120 and invitation also. My NOC is 2173. I have job offer letter and recommendation letter. Since I am working in MNC, My employer is not willing to provide the following forms. Is it okay to submit the application with out these?
  1. Job offer form
  2. Company information:
  3. Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation,
  4. Copy of the valid Municipal Business Licence
Thanks!

kadagal

Apr 18, 2019
Hello All,

I have 5+ years of experience under NOC2171 outside of Canada, and I would like to apply for the BC Tech Pilot via Express Entry. I have read everything about it, my major challenge however is getting a job which is a prerequisite.

1. Can someone please advise me on a better way to go about the job hunt (I am on indeed, monster, workopolis, bcjobs, etc searching and applying everyday)?

2. Is there a possibility of an employer employing me and then waiting for about 6 months before I resume?

3. Any advise from you all is welcomed.

Thanks alot.

kadagal

Apr 18, 2019
Please can anyone advise how to get job offers for the Tech Pilot Program, I have been applying to several jobs but no success yet.

I am a multilingual IT Professional with the ability to deploy IT solutions in English and French languages and I have over 5 years experience as a System/Network Administrator (NOC 2281).

I have also written IELTS and assessed my Bachelor's Degree.

Your assistance will be really appreciated.
Hello Ayboye,

Did you ever get any response on this?

Did you eventually get a job?

I am in the same situation and is in need of guidance.

Please do assist.

Thanks

Hamsi

Mar 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,
Can i file for Tech pilot PNP immediately after joining the job in BC or Do i have to wait for completing 6 months on the job.?? pls advise. I am asking this coz, as you all know, tech pilot program is about to close in June 2020 and i dont have time to wait for completing probation on my job.

PS: MY NOC is 2171 - IT Business Analyst

Jyotiac3

Feb 27, 2020
I joined a full time job in BC and in probationary period for first 6 months. Can I apply BC PNP Tech Pilot program now or need to wait till my probation period completes?

Hi Anurag,
Did yoy apply for BC PNP right after you joined or waited for 6 month probation period to get over. Please help it's urgent.

urvijas

Feb 26, 2020
Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker is a paper-based application which takes 15-19 months.
Express Entry BC – Skilled Worker is an online application and only takes 3-6 months to finish. But you need to have CLB 7.
For EE BC if NOC is Category A I dont think you need ILETS correct?