+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

koko01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
Just because a large amount of applicants use this forum and the spreadsheet, doesn't mean everyone does. There are also a lot of other communities (Like facebook groups) dedicated to this same topic. Some people might participate in those communities and not this one. Meaning they don't know about the spreadsheet and they don't use it. We only see 60 or so apps submitted in April inland according to the spreadsheet but IRCC might have received a 100 apps last month and 40 people just don't use the spreadsheet. Just because you only see 1 AOR update, does not mean that only 1 AOR was sent out today.
I'm sure they didn't mean everyone, they're just talking about our particular spreadsheet. Even accounting for the fact that only a select few use the spreadsheet, it's true that it moved faster earlier in the month - some people were even getting their OWP's approved the day after receiving their AOR for PR. Can't fault people for being eager!

Reactions: Kits

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
I'm sure they didn't mean everyone, they're just talking about our particular spreadsheet. Even accounting for the fact that only a select few use the spreadsheet, it's true that it moved faster earlier in the month - some people were even getting their OWP's approved the day after receiving their AOR for PR. Can't fault people for being eager!
Yes, I agree. We’re talking about our spreadsheet information, it’s kind of obvious that the spreadsheet doesn’t show all the applications. Let’s shake the bad vibes off that post :D

Reactions: koko01

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Just because a large amount of applicants use this forum and the spreadsheet, doesn't mean everyone does. There are also a lot of other communities (Like facebook groups) dedicated to this same topic. Some people might participate in those communities and not this one. Meaning they don't know about the spreadsheet and they don't use it. We only see 60 or so apps submitted in April inland according to the spreadsheet but IRCC might have received a 100 apps last month and 40 people just don't use the spreadsheet. Just because you only see 1 AOR update, does not mean that only 1 AOR was sent out today.
I certainly know not every applicant is on the spreadsheet. But, the progress was slower for the past two weeks as at a point the waiting time was as minimal as 40 days. Anyway, let's just hope it will not be even slower.
I am feeling anxious because I have a very tight schedule. A delay would change my plan.

adarsh1991

Apr 16, 2016
My application was received on April 8th
Still waiting on some response for my AOR and OWP.

I emailed them last week just to see the status of my application. It says that they will reply you through email you only if they have started my application yet. So I'm assuming they haven't started my application? Because according to the spreadsheet I should have got my return application by now? Lol so many questions.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
My application was received on April 8th
Still waiting on some response for my AOR and OWP.

I emailed them last week just to see the status of my application. It says that they will reply you through email you only if they have started my application yet. So I'm assuming they haven't started my application? Because according to the spreadsheet I should have got my return application by now? Lol so many questions.
Have you tried to link your applications to your online account (GCKey)?

adarsh1991

Apr 16, 2016
I have been trying everyday.
My steps were:
1 permanent resident
2 family class common law
3 using UCI, last first name, passport details or place&date of birth
4 no. Of Applicants - 2?

So far no results.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
My steps were:
1 permanent resident
4 no. Of Applicants - 2?

So far no results.
OK, I do not know if you have typed this information
- UCI of the "Principal Applicant" -it is not the sponsor's UCI, and family name -just the last name of the Principal Applicant.
- Passport of the Principal Applicant or if you typed in "place of birth- City/town of birth", the same one which appears in the PA applicant's passport, if you do not write it as in the passport, it does not work. In general, you have to provide the PA applicant information contained in the passport
- Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada? The province and city that you provided in your application
- Number of family members: try the first time with 2 and if it does not work, try with 1

*If it does not work, I suggest you to call them tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Hhaye

Hhaye

Mar 31, 2019
OWP approved today!! No email yet it was just approved in CGKEY.
Congrats!!! That's nice to hear.

As for me, I called this morning and they said they still haven't entered my OWP case onto the system yet. I am going to call them everyday until I can at least link my application.

Hhaye

Mar 31, 2019
My steps were:
1 permanent resident
4 no. Of Applicants - 2?

So far no results.
OK, I do not know if you have typed this information
- UCI of the "Principal Applicant" -it is not the sponsor's UCI, and family name -just the last name of the Principal Applicant.
- Passport of the Principal Applicant or if you typed in "place of birth- City/town of birth", the same one which appears in the PA applicant's passport, if you do not write it as in the passport, it does not work. In general, you have to provide the PA applicant information contained in the passport
- Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada? The province and city that you provided in your application
- Number of family members: try the first time with 2 and if it does not work, try with 1

*If it does not work, I suggest you to call them tomorrow morning.
Try to put a space after all the open entries that you entered. Like "2<space>" instead of "2". That worked for me when I linked my PR application.

Hhaye

Mar 31, 2019

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
I think you should qualify. Check out the link below for info.
But don't leave Canada for more than 2 weeks during the PR application process.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

I already answered the questionnaire and it says that I do qualify but my question is what are the chances for approval? I read in this forum that it's very hard to get a TRV as a spouse but i haven't come across anyone that applied from Canada and was refused so I am not so sure

Hhaye

Mar 31, 2019
I already answered the questionnaire and it says that I do qualify but my question is what are the chances for approval? I read in this forum that it's very hard to get a TRV as a spouse but i haven't come across anyone that applied from Canada and was refused so I am not so sure
I don't think it matters that much because when you have an open work permit in hand, you have status in Canada, and having a Canadian spouse shouldn't be grounds for rejecting a TRV. It should be the same for people who hold student permits or other work permits. But that's my understanding of it. Senior members please advise if this is right.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
I don't think it matters that much because when you have an open work permit in hand, you have status in Canada, and having a Canadian spouse shouldn't be grounds for rejecting a TRV. It should be the same for people who hold student permits or other work permits. But that's my understanding of it. Senior members please advise if this is right.
I agree. I read that people have problems getting the TRV because they do it after sending their application and they’re outside Canada.

Reactions: Hhaye