Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2019
As I understood after reading the site many times, this situation means that everything is at first ok (not that you are aproved). It is written that if anything is missing, your application will be returned without being processed. As the AOR has the number of your application process, they only send the AOR to you if the app is not coming back.

Reactions: Kits

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
As I understood after reading the site many times, this situation means that everything is at first ok (not that you are aproved). It is written that if anything is missing, your application will be returned without being processed. As the AOR has the number of your application process, they only send the AOR to you if the app is not coming back.
I agree. I was just curious because kcwward7 wrote “generally yes” and he/she has been an user of this forum for more years than us.

somanycats

May 30, 2019
A couple questions..

1. Does it matter if you can link your application online but haven't received the AOR via email yet? Any idea why this happens?

2. Is it common to be able to link the PR application but not the OWP application? It's been a couple of days and the OWP app is still not showing up as linkable...

Reactions: Hhaye and Kits

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
A couple questions..

1. Does it matter if you can link your application online but haven't received the AOR via email yet? Any idea why this happens?

2. Is it common to be able to link the PR application but not the OWP application? It's been a couple of days and the OWP app is still not showing up as linkable...
1. yes. It happens sometimes. Don't worry.
2. Wait for another few days and try again. If it still doesn't work, contact IRCC. They may be able to help you.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
A couple questions..

I also suggest you to read all the thread, you can find all the answers for these questions and more.

ktmelic

May 30, 2019
hello I'm new here

I am also an April applicant. They received my application last April 11,2019. I am getting a little anxious because I havent received AOR yet. And I cant access my application at eCAS anymore. Does it mean theyre going to sent it back to me? I saw the spreadsheet most of the people with the same date as mine already received their AOR last week.

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
I don't think it matters that much because when you have an open work permit in hand, you have status in Canada, and having a Canadian spouse shouldn't be grounds for rejecting a TRV. It should be the same for people who hold student permits or other work permits. But that's my understanding of it. Senior members please advise if this is right.

I agree. I read that people have problems getting the TRV because they do it after sending their application and they’re outside Canada.
Thank you for answering my question, I posted the same question in a few related threads but no one is giving an answer. I understand what both of you said and it does make sense to me as I used to be a student before and I renewed my study permit first then my student visa from inside Canada which is another TRV and it was fine but I am worried in this case that the chances of approval are not good considering the PR application in process and if that was irrelevant then what about dual intent ? do i apply and show ties to my home country to satisfy the requirements of TRV or do I simply apply because I have a work permit and wont be able to re-enter the country without a visa ?

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
They just send me an email to tell me to check my OWP application online because it was approved, but in fact it was approved yesterday. Then, you can see that they sometimes don’t send the confirmation email the same day that they approve applications. It happened the same with my PR application approval. You can see it online, but no confirmation email. I think this is useful to know for people who have not received emails. *I also received the correspondence letter which establishes that my permit was sent by mail, etc. You can find it in the messages in your OWP application online.
Same thing just happened to me. I received an email to check status but no correspondence letter yet or messages

Reactions: Kits

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Same thing just happened to me. I received an email to check status but no correspondence letter yet or messages
Sorry, I forgot to say that they sent me two emails. Wait for the second or check your account today or maybe tomorrow. You’ll have your correspondence letter soon.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Thank you for answering my question, I posted the same question in a few related threads but no one is giving an answer. I understand what both of you said and it does make sense to me as I used to be a student before and I renewed my study permit first then my student visa from inside Canada which is another TRV and it was fine but I am worried in this case that the chances of approval are not good considering the PR application in process and if that was irrelevant then what about dual intent ? do i apply and show ties to my home country to satisfy the requirements of TRV or do I simply apply because I have a work permit and wont be able to re-enter the country without a visa ?
Why don't you wait until you receive your correspondence letter? In my letter it says:

"Document to travel to Canada or re-enter
A study or work permit is not a travel document. To allow you to travel to or re-enter Canada by air only, we have issued you an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) when we issued your permit extension. Your eTA is linked to the passport that you used to apply for your permit renewal. You must travel with this same passport. If you get a new passport, you will need to get a new eTA."

In my case, I just need an ETA because my country of origin has no need visa.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Why don't you wait until you receive your correspondence letter? In my letter it says:

"Document to travel to Canada or re-enter
A study or work permit is not a travel document. To allow you to travel to or re-enter Canada by air only, we have issued you an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) when we issued your permit extension. Your eTA is linked to the passport that you used to apply for your permit renewal. You must travel with this same passport. If you get a new passport, you will need to get a new eTA."

In my case, I just need an ETA because my country of origin has no need visa.
If you have already gotten ETA in the past 5 years, you are ok to travel with your work permit.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
If you have already gotten ETA in the past 5 years, you are ok to travel with your work permit.
Yes and no, it is not with the Work Permit, it is with the ETA. They provide ETA when you receive your Student/Work permit or when you apply for it as a visitor. I also was a student. In general, if your ETA expires or you get a new passport, then, you have to apply for a new ETA, and you cannot travel just with the work permit. I think it works the same with the TRV, but I do not know. We will see when k3nda receives his correspondence letter.