FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2019

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
I was trying to see if I could link my sponsorship application and OWP application online. When I check the OWP, there is a question asking which category fits you. As my partner is a Canadian citizen, I do not know which one I should select...Can anyone please guide me?
I have not been able to link both of my applications online, but I want to know it just for future references.

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I was trying to see if I could link my sponsorship application and OWP application online. When I check the OWP, there is a question asking which category fits you. As my partner is a Canadian citizen, I do not know which one I should select...Can anyone please guide me?
I have not been able to link both of my applications online, but I want to know it just for future references.
Category: Temporary Residence; Sub-category: work permit and extension

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
I was trying to see if I can link my sponsorship application and OWP application online. When I check the OWP, there is a question asking which category fits you. As my partner is a Canadian citizen, I do not know which one I should select...Can anyone please guide me?
I have not been able to link both of my applications online, but I want to know just for future references.
The OWP is your application as PA, then, you select Temporary Residence, Work Permit and extension. Don’t provide the PR application number because it’s not related, it’s a different application. Details or intended work in Canada: Open.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
The OWP is your application as PA, then, you select Temporary Residence, Work Permit and extension. Don’t provide the PR application number because it’s not related, it’s a different application. Details or intended work in Canada: Open.
Thanks for replying, but the last question asks "which situation applies to the applicant?" I don't know what to choose.

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
My OWP was approved and I did not receive an email, I just read it in my account online. Then, I think that some of the people who could link their application without an email, probably now they have their OWP approved too.
Have you received an email yet ?

Reactions: Kits

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
They just send me an email to tell me to check my OWP application online because it was approved, but in fact it was approved yesterday. Then, you can see that they sometimes don’t send the confirmation email the same day that they approve applications. It happened the same with my PR application approval. You can see it online, but no confirmation email. I think this is useful to know for people who have not received emails. *I also received the correspondence letter which establishes that my permit was sent by mail, etc. You can find it in the messages in your OWP application online.

Last edited:

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Any AOR today???
I only saw a person received AOR today....
It’s not working as smoothly as few weeks back...:(
Just because a large amount of applicants use this forum and the spreadsheet, doesn't mean everyone does. There are also a lot of other communities (Like facebook groups) dedicated to this same topic. Some people might participate in those communities and not this one. Meaning they don't know about the spreadsheet and they don't use it. We only see 60 or so apps submitted in April inland according to the spreadsheet but IRCC might have received a 100 apps last month and 40 people just don't use the spreadsheet. Just because you only see 1 AOR update, does not mean that only 1 AOR was sent out today.