+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

mahirali

Oct 22, 2009
ia001 said:
Dear All

There is not point for family class to apply for TRV or TRP in Pakistan(specially). I visit CHC in Islamabad to get all the info and I tried it twice for my 3 months old daughter and refused. Finally got a call from VO from CHC Islamabad and he explained me things in more details. I took his advice and came back to Canada and applied sponsorship. I checked my status on Friday at night and it says "Decision Made". They sent me a letter on 19th Feb 14 and hopefully I will get it this week. If its a Yes or No. The the ball will go to CHC Islamabad court.
May be I am wrong but that was my personal experience....
Salam,

I would like few info from you if possible

Would you please tell me how to contact VO?
How long it took to get the Decision Made?

Thanks and Regards
Mahir

ia001

Feb 7, 2014
W.Salam

Well I was in Pakistan for quite some time and I visited CHC in Person, they dont allow wihtout appointment on shuttle service but if you have a PR or if you are a Citizen then they let you go. And you can get info from there though they wont let you get inside. Well sponsorship doesnt take long. They recieved my application on 30th December 2013 and started processing it on 31 January 2014. I deposited wrong fee thats why my decision was a bit of late but it usually takes time as they mentioned on website.

mahirali

Oct 22, 2009
ia001 said:
W.Salam

Well I was in Pakistan for quite some time and I visited CHC in Person, they dont allow wihtout appointment on shuttle service but if you have a PR or if you are a Citizen then they let you go. And you can get info from there though they wont let you get inside. Well sponsorship doesnt take long. They recieved my application on 30th December 2013 and started processing it on 31 January 2014. I deposited wrong fee thats why my decision was a bit of late but it usually takes time as they mentioned on website.
Salam,

Thanks for the response, I have submitted the sponsorship application for my wife, in August 2013, as well but have heard nothing from ISB yet. I am not in Pakistan but do you think it is a good idea to pay them a visit.

I am surprised that you got the decision so quick. I would love to have something like that :).

Regards,
Mahir

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Family sponsorship applications usually have a time frame of 24 months + from Pakistan.

You can check average processing times to confirm that from CIC Islamabad website.

Except may be an exceptional case like the one mentioned above where there were two refusals for a child, CIC does not entertain any mode of communication in Pakistan except email.

However, depending upon one's nature of status, you can apply and get open study / work permits and trvs for family.

For instance, i am on a work permit in canada in a skilled job. I don't qualify for a sponsorship. But my spouse is eligible for an open work permit, children over 6, for open study permit and those less than that are eligible for multiple entry trv with validity equal to that of my work permit.

I applied and got permit for all of them i.e. spousal open work permit, open study permit for son aged 7+, and trvs for younger children. So it really depends upon the situation.

For a normal sponsorship, the assumption with CIC is that you are trying to cover that 2+ year time frame with a temp resident application, which is kind of not their objective. Hence trvs are refused often

ia001

Feb 7, 2014
I don't know which stage your application is in now but in my case I m talking about my first stage which was from CPC Mississauga and which normally takes about a month, less or more. When it goes to CHC Islamabad, for minors it normally takes maximum six months. Secondly your visit to Pakistan won't speed up the process but if you involve your MP here may speed it up.

farmer200012

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
farmer200012 said:
Hi everyone,

I want to apply visit visa for My parents (they are old) to visit me here in Canada. They are currently in Pakistan.

I want to submit paper application from Pakistan but I don,t know exactly the FORMS# and checklist which I have to follow, filled and submitted with supporting document in CHC Islamabad.

I found a below mentioned link but its showed me many forms(confused) http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/forms_temporary_resident_temporaire_formulaires.aspx?lang=eng

Could you please let me know the exact FORMS# so I can start.

Thank you.
Hello every one,

I just want to confirm Forms # from you guys (IMM5257E,IMM5645E and documents checklist IMM5484E)which required from Pakistan??? Please.
Thank you

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
aoa
Can any body give me checklist of doc which has to submit for parents visit visa .thanks

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Salam,

I would like apply for a visit visa for my uncle in Pakistan. What basic docs do i need to provide.

Jatinder7771

Feb 16, 2013
hello everyone

A friend of mine send me a sponsership of canada for a tourist visa for me .I m going to apply a canada's tourist visa can i get the visa plz suggest

my details -age 26

currently help my father in his business

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
waqar.ahmad150 said:
Dear See4u,

Apply with confidence for TRV with all necessary docs inshallah u will get visa. Let us know if u need any further assistance.

Regards
Waqar Ahmad
(Canada TRV approved)
Waqar bhi salam
I am a PR live in sask .regina from last 2 years rite now I m thinking to get my parents here which option do u think I go for

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
Hi every one any one knows about the new multiple entry visa could it good for pakistani applicant

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
waqar.ahmad150 said:
Dear Rubab11,

What is your husband status in Canada i.e on work permit, student or immigrant?

What docs u were attached last year?

In fact, there are very minor ratios of professional people who get TRV from Pakistan. Many cases reject on such basis that u will not leave Canada at the end of your stay or poor travel history and insufficient funding. As ur husband is already in Canada therefore i think VO (Visa Officer) was rejected ur case upon thinking that u will not leave Canada. It means ur ties are not strong with your home country in such scenario.
salam
Waqar bhai do u know multiple entry visa

Therefore i think you should follow the below mentioned plan if you can:

According to my point of view, ur case is strong as u r working a full time professional job. I will advise you that find and register a medical conference (relevant to your field) in Canada and then apply for TRV with multiple entries. Also remember, attach all your official letters i.e approved leave plan, Work employment letter (Salary and other benefits should be written), your employment status, invitation letter from conference organizer etc along ur case. It will be more helpful for your visa if u get any medical training/workshop certificate from Pakistan also.

Inshallah your chances of getting visa are high. If you need further assistance, let me know on this forum. Thanks

Regards
Waqar Ahmad
(Canada TRV Approved)

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
FreeHelp4Pakistanis said:
Dear all Pakistani brothers and sisters,
kindly,join this thread to discuss all your queries, difficulties and problems regarding Canadian TRV(temporary residence visa).
This thread's sole purpose is to help each other,nothing else.
Regards

[/quote
salam
do u know about new multiple entry visit visa

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sam pk said:
FreeHelp4Pakistanis said:
Dear all Pakistani brothers and sisters,
kindly,join this thread to discuss all your queries, difficulties and problems regarding Canadian TRV(temporary residence visa).
This thread's sole purpose is to help each other,nothing else.
Regards

[/quote
salam
do u know about new multiple entry visit visa
WS,

I am not sure what are you referring to. It is not a "new" visa, CIC has just changed the rules and have automatically started considering single entry applications for multiple entry if it meets certain conditions.

It is not a new visa type. If you are on a PR you can invite your parents for a regular sponsorship which takes a while to process. The common simple way is to apply for super visa for your parents provided you have a decision position job etc in Canada.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
For all those who are barely asking for details of "how to apply for visit visa" or "checklist of documents for visit visa", the basic information is on CIC website. Go and read that through please.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/visit-visite.aspx?lang=eng

If you have any specific questions or things you don't understand, feel free to ask here.